quade

Economy still sucks, unemployment is still high, yet the rich just keep getting richer.

Wow . . . is THAT your fucking problem? You can't read a simple sentence without putting it in an anti-union context?

And MY post disappears?

What post? Are you suggesting you've been censored here?

it happens. I've had posts edited without explaination and had them deleted. No complaints as it's not a public forum.
--
Rob

Wow . . . is THAT your fucking problem? You can't read a simple sentence without putting it in an anti-union context?

And MY post disappears?

What post? Are you suggesting you've been censored here?

it happens. I've had posts edited without explaination and had them deleted. No complaints as it's not a public forum.

There are a couple of reasons why posts may get edited and no reason needs to be given.

One, something that bugs the hell out of me, is when people put up a long string of "LOLOLOLO" or other some such non-sense that forces the page to be formatted in a goofy way. Fixing those isn't censorship. We get the point, but it makes the rest of the posts unreadable, so they just get cut down.

Also, on a "user interface" level, the "Edit | Delete | Quote | Reply" buttons are all active for every post we could moderate. I have, on occasion, fat fingered the "Edit" button of somebody's post when I didn't mean to. What pops up next looks exactly like a normal "Quote" window, so I'll start typing away and if I hit the post button, it shows up . . . I'll THEN immediately see the mistake and try to correct it as best I can, but it still would show up as if I had "edited" the post when that was never the intention. I've done that maybe a dozen times over the years and I try not to do it (obviously), but it happens. I'll usually try to write a reply to that post saying what happened, but sometimes people still get weird about it.

We also have another site issue where if a poster says something that absolutely must be trashed, any posts that have replied to that post will also get tossed out. I have a feeling this may be what happened with Divot's post he talked about in this thread.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I've had the latter happen to me. didn't realize that was what was happening, but it makes sense now. the editing seemed deliberate. removal of a comment regarding moderation. But like I said. it's not a public forum, so I don't really care. (well, not enough to complain anyway)
--
Rob

opportunity is not luck , opportunity exists all around at all times
to take advantage of opportunity you must work hard at looking for it
you must work hard at recognising it
you must work hard to meet it
most people wait for their ship to come in
some work hard to prepare and swim or row out to meet it
bon voyage !

Let me guess...you are one of those people who think every child playing soccer should get a trophy for participating but no trophy is handed out for winning.

Nailed it!

So seriously you might as well give up on Lucky it is pointless..... just be ready after November to post :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Then after Obama gets beat two years later you will get to do it again. ;)

How's that stock market crash working out? Hmmmm, 200 pts on friday; > 10,800 - looks like a real bear market to me; you were right. :S

That was about a year ago you predicted a sell-off/crash, laughing at your computer with your moronic co-workers. The market was about 10,200 then, blew up to > 11K, then months later down to 9800 and now back to 10,800. Do you need more time, perhaps another year to make your dream prognostication come true?

Once again you write what you hear or read....

I sincerely apologize for referencing the DJIA data; what I read.

exactly what I said was going to happen di happen and will continue to happen.

WHat's that, the market come out of teh cellar and rise to 11k while you're in denial? Yep, you are right.

You may want to take a look at the volume in the market Luckster...... it says one thing..... the big dogs are not even playing which bodes very badly. Keep on thinking waht you want...

If volume is low and teh market is rising, that means fewer people are selling. Great point, people have confidence in the market since your Nazi left.

November is going to be grand! :D

OK, whether it is or not, that doesn't address the awesome, brilliant totally fucking errant prediction you made a year ago. Like I said, hang in long enough and you, the stopped clock will once again be right.

I sort of hit on this in the post that went bye-bye and I just don't feel like typing all that again-particularly since I don't know what part walked on the no-no list.

Well thx for playing then, bye-bye.

overhead at aflcio event
you working hard ?
or hardly working ?

I sort of hit on this in the post that went bye-bye and I just don't feel like typing all that again-particularly since I don't know what part walked on the no-no list.

Well thx for playing then, bye-bye.

overhead at aflcio event
you working hard ?
or hardly working ?

Nancy, I work far harder than you can fathom. Show me your manicured fingernails.

overhead at aflcio event
you working hard ?
or hardly working ?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=working%20hard%20or%20hardly%20working

A pathetic attempt at word play and stock phrase of the middle-management careerist asswipe. Often accompanied by finger guns.

Right, Mr Cliche; typical RW one-liners, how predictable.

this idea of anyone being able to be the best or make the money the top 1% make is insane by the very definition of the word. Nothing is fair in life...

I agree. The converse is to say that it's also insane to ascribe entirely to hard work everyone's relative success or failure.

Wendy P.

Agreed.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Once again you write what you hear or read....

I sincerely apologize for referencing the DJIA data; what I read.

exactly what I said was going to happen di happen and will continue to happen.

WHat's that, the market come out of teh cellar and rise to 11k while you're in denial? Yep, you are right.

You may want to take a look at the volume in the market Luckster...... it says one thing..... the big dogs are not even playing which bodes very badly. Keep on thinking waht you want...

If volume is low and teh market is rising, that means fewer people are selling. Great point, people have confidence in the market since your Nazi left.

November is going to be grand! :D

OK, whether it is or not, that doesn't address the awesome, brilliant totally fucking errant prediction you made a year ago. Like I said, hang in long enough and you, the stopped clock will once again be right.

FAIL

You once again show your lack of knowledge in the market..... insider trading numbers recently were 1 buy to 1000+ sell positions. What the volume means is that "peons" are trading on emotion and that is all that is happening but those same "peons" will pull out their money in a heart beat to take their profit. Big money keeps a market stable the people who are buying now do not. Like I said a million times already though.... I love the capitulation in the market because I am a trader. The more movement the better so I guess you could say I like what the current admin. has done for my bank account but I do not like what it has done for the countries!

Oh and what I said was right on.... "flash crash" happened and the market is far from stable. We have been told that there are protections now.... riiight that is why a $33 stock on the Nasdaq dropped to $3 yesterday in a matter of seconds. Your problem Luckste,r is you only know what you read from the media and what the Dow currently reports.... which is to infer you know jack and shit but oops, it seems jack left town. Once again..... this market is far from stable. Things could be done to get it there but they are not being done. Regardless of where the DOW is.... when you are in an environment that has 100 point swings daily that is simply not good. I am not a doom sayer by any means but I know the market and yet another pullback could easily happen.

35 days to go......
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Grandma lives with you. She may putter around the house, but really can't work anymore. Nor should she have to. She did, after all put in work raising you. I doubt you're going to deny her a trip to the doctor or meals just because she isn't working now.

That's your family. Not mine. You keep doing the right thing, but don't expect me to pay for it. I have my own family to take care of.
We are all engines of karma

Grandma lives with you. She may putter around the house, but really can't work anymore. Nor should she have to. She did, after all put in work raising you. I doubt you're going to deny her a trip to the doctor or meals just because she isn't working now.

That's your family. Not mine. You keep doing the right thing, but don't expect me to pay for it. I have my own family to take care of.

No man is an island.

Just the fact you live in the US means you've benefitted greatly from others whether you're willing to admit that or not.
quade -

No man is an island.
Just the fact you live in the US means you've benefitted greatly from others whether you're willing to admit that or not.

and contributed greatly !
ALL men are islands when they meet their maker !

So it's a one way street then. He benefits from others, but he doesn't contribute his on fair share by doing his job and being part of society as well---even though that's your criteria for many others, we have a different standard for some based on some arbitrary dividing line.....so he needs to contribute much more disproportionately to others to make up that difference.

ok then - it makes sense if one comes from a viewpoint of the people being slaves to the government and the government getting to pick and choose how gains based on voting patterns and demographics

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

No man is an island.

This is why you work hard in life.
No one has given me anything in this life.
You and your ilk are f'ing clueless.
Guys like you want to take my money to pay for your grandmother, while I still have to pay for my own family.

It's clear your culture has no sense of personal responsibility while living in my country. YOU are the guy who's benefiting from guys like me. Fucking disgusting.
We are all engines of karma

No one has given me anything in this life.

I see.

You never went to a school that received public funding.
You never drove on a road that received public funding.
You never stayed in a hospital that received public funding.
You never took any drugs approved by the FDA.
You never ate any food inspected by the USDA.
You never was in an airplane that took off from an airport that received public funding.

I guess you must be right then.
quade -