skyjumpenfool

What's wrong in Education today!!!!

If the kids aren't allowed to decide for themselves, then you're not teaching, you're indoctrinating.

Many parents decide a wide variety of issues for their children. I think the parents are teaching (through experience) not indoctrinating.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
1981 to 1988 is 7 years-Kallend (oops, it's actually 8 years Kallend)

The decade of the 80's was from 1980 to 1989. 10 years. If you remove 1980 and 1989 you have 1981 to 1988. 8 years.

Indoctrination...funny word that's come to mean oppression. All of you whom are so against indoctrination....do you have jobs? You've been indoctrinated into those positions. You've been indoctrinated more times than you care to know. It's not a bad thing. Do you drive? Most here skydive? Can you think of the things you've been indoctrinated into doing so you can enjoy that activity. Open your eyes people.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

to bad YOU didn't learn anything while you were in service. Fuck you for disrespecting my family, my friends, all of those who have served and died.

That would be those same people who salute the flag and honor the flag - the very same 'indoctrination' you so decry. The only disrespecting being done here is by YOU - so the same back to you, pal.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

There are those who will sit out of respect for those who fought and died against the Goddamnedyankee scum who invaded sovereign territory to inflict their notion of "Union."

Ah. You must be referring to the War of Southern Seditious Insurrection. ;)

There are those who will sit out of respect for those who fought and died against the Goddamnedyankee scum who invaded sovereign territory to inflict their notion of "Union."

Try the War of Northern Agression.

The South did not try to inflict it's will on the North, and it certainly did not try to overthrow the Federal Government.

The South freely joined the Union, and freely left. The North then invaded.

The sanctimonious tripe which the North puts forth as "history" is revisionist nonsense. Argumentum ad Baculum is the basest of fallacies.

BSBD,

Winsor

>>You must be referring to the War of Southern Seditious Insurrection.
>Try the War of Northern Agression.
Nonsense, it's a floor wax AND a dessert topping!

Ah, Glimmer!

Shimmer actually. Stick to what you know and leave the comedy to us idiots.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

>>You must be referring to the War of Southern Seditious Insurrection.
>Try the War of Northern Agression.
Nonsense, it's a floor wax AND a dessert topping!

Ah, Glimmer!

Shimmer actually. Stick to what you know and leave the comedy to us idiots.

Must . . . Not . . . Comment . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Take your best shot. I'm sure you can google up something appropriate if you try. God knows you're not going to fire any neurons to come up with something original.
quade -

Take your best shot. I'm sure you can google up something appropriate if you try. God knows you're not going to fire any neurons to come up with something original.

You should really stop beating around the bush and tell us how you really feel.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Nice PA - so *good* to see the people enforcing the rules following them, don't you think?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Nice PA - so *good* to see the people enforcing the rules following them, don't you think?

Oh no! The horror. The horror. I called him out for not being original. I must ban myself forever.
quade -

Obviously you missed the whole 'idiot' entendre.

That's called self-deprecating humor; not entendre.

Did you seriously think I didn't know exactly what I was writing? Really?

"God knows you're not going to fire any neurons to come up with something original."

Since when is referring to someone ELSE "self-deprecating", Paul?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

"God knows you're not going to fire any neurons to come up with something original."

Way to follow a thread. Bravo.
quade -

Way to follow a thread. Bravo.

You mean like you thinking I was talking about the "Shimmer" post, when what I quoted was your post slamming Turtle?

Way to follow a thread, indeed.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

The South did not try to inflict it's will on the North, and it certainly did not try to overthrow the Federal Government.

The sanctimonious tripe which the North puts forth as "history" is revisionist nonsense. Argumentum ad Baculum is the basest of fallacies.

BSBD,

Winsor

Question: Was it really over slavery? I doubt it.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I'm told (and I'm checking into it) the state requires us to reciet the Pledge once a week???

As for the meaning of the words, These are High School students. If they don't get it, we have bigger issues. On Wednesday, I'll be playing Red Skeltons version of the Pledge. This is not a new issue.

I'll share with you John Wayne's Version of the Pledge of Allegiance

I don't know wether to laugh or cry. I don't mean to be disrespectful or offend you but are you serious? That post is as cheesy as a big mac. Honestly tell me, do you really think of America in those terms? It seems looking from the outside in that the link is harping back to glory days of the USA that never really existed outside of Hollywood celuloid. Maybe that is why John Wayne, the greatest US warrior that never was is the subject of the film.

He was such a fraud, even moe than fascist Ronnie. He played a hero when he was just as sleezy as any modern-day Hollywood celeb.

BSBD,

Winsor

Question: Was it really over slavery? I doubt it.

Slavery was, indeed, a flashpoint issue. There is, however, a zero likelihood that the institution would have endured into the 20th century had secession been successful.

Longstreet's observation that the first thing the South should have done was to free the slaves was on the mark. The existence of said odious institution gave Lincoln the ruse he needed to establish the Confederacy as a pariah state when his military progress was less than advertised.

Indeed, Lincoln was ambivalent regarding the status of slaves; the "Emancipation Proclamation" was carefully worded such that it actually applied to nobody at all, and Lincoln's primary approach to liberation involved immediate deportation.

Again, everything associated with the actions of the North in that conflict was singularly ignoble.

BSBD,

Winsor