BillyVance

Gay bar coming soon near the proposed Islamic center at Park51

Somebody else posted the story, but I can't remember which thread it was in, so I decided to just have a thread focusing on possible names for the gay bar.

Some proposed names... :ph34r:

The Queer'an

Gaybraham's

Mohammie's Retreat

The 72nd virgin

Jihad Me at Hello

The Gay Allahs

Allahu Gaybar

The Sphinx-ter

Queer Eye for the Jihad Guy

The Homo Side Bomber

Jihad's and Rods

Weapons of Ass Destruction

Allahs in Wonderland

Midnight at the Oasis

Mecca inn & out

SCUD Marks

Khomeini Men, Kholittle Time

Mo's Hole

Allah Akbar and Grill

Osama bin Dover
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

If only you had made that list up yourself rather than just copying and pasting it from the internet.

I'm curious, do people that are deaf since birth "get" homonym jokes? BTW, I'm not trying to be a smart ass here (for once), I really want to know. Is it even possible?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

If only you had made that list up yourself rather than just copying and pasting it from the internet.

Yes, because a joke is only funny if it's the original person telling it, which is why Tina Fey comes on here every now and then to reprise her "I can see Russia from my house" skit.

Give it a break, Paul.

I'm curious, do people that are deaf since birth "get" homonym jokes? BTW, I'm not trying to be a smart ass here (for once), I really want to know. Is it even possible?

I can see the confusion if they were lip-reading, but why wouldn't they 'get' a play on words?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Greg Gutfield of fox TV made the announcement that he is opening a gay bar next to the park 51 mosque .
Gutfeld's proving the mosque backers are the intolerant ones: The people behind the Park 51 mosque have no problem trampling "the sensibilities of the families of the victims of 9-11," says Robert Spencer at Jihad Watch. But the minute they heard about Gutfeld's gay bar they complained, via Twitter, that he's offending "the sensibilities of Muslims." :D

http://theweek.com/article/index/205938/a-muslim-gay-bar-near-ground-zero

Greg Gutfield of fox TV made the announcement that he is opening a gay bar next to the park 51 mosque .
Gutfeld's proving the mosque backers are the intolerant ones: The people behind the Park 51 mosque have no problem trampling "the sensibilities of the families of the victims of 9-11," says Robert Spencer at Jihad Watch. But the minute they heard about Gutfeld's gay bar they complained, via Twitter, that he's offending "the sensibilities of Muslims." :D

http://theweek.com/article/index/205938/a-muslim-gay-bar-near-ground-zero

Priceless!

you lose points for not making up the list?

If a person copies and pastes it so it appears as if they've written the material themselves; yes. Read the way the post is written. He makes it appear as if he's responding to a post -- not simply telling a joke.

I'm always going to take off points for that. Consider it an affectation like when a gun enthusiast complains about a person using the word "clip" rather than "magazine."
quade -

I can see the confusion if they were lip-reading, but why wouldn't they 'get' a play on words?

That's why I asked about deaf from birth and homonyms. For instance, would that person understand that too, two and to sound alike? There, they're and their?

Some of the jokes listed in the original post only work if you understand what the words are supposed to sound like. Those jokes coming from Billy was my tip off that maybe he'd copied and pasted them from somewhere else. Quick Google; yep.
quade -

That's why I asked about deaf from birth and homonyms. For instance, would that person understand that too, two and to sound alike? There, they're and their?

Some of the jokes listed in the original post only work if you understand what the words are supposed to sound like. Those jokes coming from Billy was my tip off that maybe he'd copied and pasted them from somewhere else. Quick Google; yep.

Nice job Columbo...:P;):D

I generally stick to the 3 sentences+ rule, or if it sounds to intellectual.;)
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

If a person copies and pastes it so it appears as if they've written the material themselves; yes. Read the way the post is written. He makes it appear as if he's responding to a post -- not simply telling a joke.

I'm always going to take off points for that. Consider it an affectation like when a gun enthusiast complains about a person using the word "clip" rather than "magazine."

Have you ever heard of OCD?:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Well, just to be fair...he is a moderator. Perhaps this is in his charge.

If OCD were a qualification, he's very very qualified.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

If OCD were a qualification, he's very very qualified.

I'm gonna miss you for the next two weeks.;)

:D

I'm gonna miss you for the next two weeks.

Why? Is he going somewhere? See that's the difference between some users and myself. That kind of piss-ant crap doesn't bother me. Oh, some users would be complaining to high heaven about it and asking for military action on the House of Turtle or Lucky for some small piece of crap remark like that. I don't need to do that kind of stuff because I know it's meaningless.
quade -

Why? Is he going somewhere? See that's the difference between some users and myself. That kind of piss-ant crap doesn't bother me. Oh, some users would be complaining to high heaven about it and asking for military action on the House of Turtle or Lucky for some small piece of crap remark like that. I don't need to do that kind of stuff because I know it's meaningless.

LMAO

:D:D:D:D

Don't forget Castle Amazon!:ph34r:

Yes. If you copy and paste something it completely changes the joke into something not funny at all. You crack me up:D:D. I guess some people need to find something to complain about even when there isn't anything to complain about. :(

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
1981 to 1988 is 7 years-Kallend (oops, it's actually 8 years Kallend)

The decade of the 80's was from 1980 to 1989. 10 years. If you remove 1980 and 1989 you have 1981 to 1988. 8 years.

Are you saying gun enthusiasts have OCD? I guess I've never looked at it that way, but if that's what you're calling it, I guess you'd know.

Very nice. A thinly veiled personal attack.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
1981 to 1988 is 7 years-Kallend (oops, it's actually 8 years Kallend)

The decade of the 80's was from 1980 to 1989. 10 years. If you remove 1980 and 1989 you have 1981 to 1988. 8 years.

Geez whiz, I got this from email, not the internet. If I didn't make it clear to begin with, sue me. :P

FWIW, many deaf people out there do not get homonym jokes like you hearing people do. I actually have the best of both worlds. I understand jokes from both sides, because I grew up in the hearing world, then immersed myself in the deaf world once I got to college and later married a completely deaf wife. My speech skills are good enough that if you met me for the first time you likely would not realize that I am deaf.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

There was no implication that he had written it himself. None at all.

Your comment wallows in a vast sea of lameness.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

That kind of piss-ant crap doesn't bother me.

I know quade...my post had something in there to that effect but i decided to delete it for whatever reason.

I don't need to do that kind of stuff because I know it's meaningless.

Good thing Billy feels the same way...:P

...and I call BS...you were trying to be a smart ass....

But who gives a shit what I have to say...I'm just a dog barking in the pig pen.