RALFFERS

I'm becoming an atheist

If all scientific questions were settled there would be no need for any scientific research whatsoever. That doesnt mean all scientific questions are still open. Some have a lot more verification than others.
So the question is : where there is good verification, say in testing relativity to 9 decimal places. do you think belief in this conclusion is on a par with religious beliefs?/

No question that science gives a much better description of physics than the Bible does. But the scientific description of the spirit is on par with the Bibles description of physics. They each have their place and are not mutually exclusive. Religion has nothing to do with God consciousness. It can occasionally facilitate it, but most of the time it just gets in the way. Religion, for the most part, is just another political scam. Just like it was in the time of Christ, and He condemned it. The evidence for spiritual success is not measured by decimal points. To even suggest this means you ain't got a clue. It is measured by the joy and peace that passes understanding. If science can give that to you, please by all means publish the formula and lets all make a fortune.

But the scientific description of the spirit is on par with the Bibles description of physics.

There is no evidence of this spirit you talk about.

The fact that you have self awareness and enough volition to say there is no God is evidence. Nerve tissue with a volt potential is just a piece of charged dead meat with out a spirit. Science is beginning to uravel the secrets of how the brain works, but it has no idea what gives it life. The physical body can be artificially supported, but once the spirit departs from the body the brain is dead.

The fact that you have self awareness and enough volition to say there is no God is evidence. Nerve tissue with a volt potential is just a piece of charged dead meat with out a spirit. Science is beginning to uravel the secrets of how the brain works, but it has no idea what gives it life. The physical body can be artificially supported, but once the spirit departs from the body the brain is dead.

Nonsense.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Nonsense.

QFT:P

+1 BTW

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

But the scientific description of the spirit is on par with the Bibles description of physics.

There is no evidence of this spirit you talk about.

You are confusing an argument as being evidence.

You argue that being selfaware indicates that there is a "spirit". Just being selfaware is not evidence of a spirit. People have been declared dead and then revived. There is nothing to indicate that there is some sort of spirit that lives on past death.

It's odd how you expect everything to have been proven with regards to science yet we should consider the possibility of a deity existing despite no evidence at all. Kind of a double standard there.

Not at all, never stated that everything needs to be proven. Just that one should keep an open mind up to that point.

the no evidence part is debatable, but quite frankly, that's a useless debate to have on here.

>Nerve tissue with a volt potential is just a piece of charged dead meat
>with out a spirit.

Do jellyfish have spirits? They only have a few hundred neurons; certainly no central nervous system or coordinating intelligence. If not, are they dead meat?

>Science is beginning to uravel the secrets of how the brain works, but it
>has no idea what gives it life.

?? Doctors do indeed understand what gives the brain life, and they regularly use that knowledge to help restore brain function to people with intercrainal bleeds, strokes and traumatic head injuries.

Now, as to how it _works_ - that's something we've just scratched the surface of.

Nonsense.

If you would like to support your response with neuroanatomical, physiological and neurological studies I would be very happy to review them. On one hand I guess you could have a point, the sensory input of a dead brain is extremely limited.

Nonsense.

If you would like to support your response with neuroanatomical, physiological and neurological studies I would be very happy to review them. On one hand I guess you could have a point, the sensory input of a dead brain is extremely limited.

You're the one making the claim that a "spirit" is what gives man life. Please, show me any physical evidence of the "spirit."
quade -

Nonsense.

You're the one making the claim that a "spirit" is what gives man life. Please, show me any physical evidence of the "spirit."

Poor Paul. You have never felt your "spirit" or "his touch" so therefore you cannot understand.;)
Remster

It's odd how you expect everything to have been proven with regards to science yet we should consider the possibility of a deity existing despite no evidence at all. Kind of a double standard there.

Not at all, never stated that everything needs to be proven. Just that one should keep an open mind up to that point.

the no evidence part is debatable, but quite frankly, that's a useless debate to have on here.

How is the evidence part debatable? If there is evidence available then we should be able to test it. Where is the evidence to test for the existence of a deity?

>figures...anything but the point, eh.

And what exactly is the point, then? As far as I can tell, it's 278 posts worth of:

Atheists: Christians are dumb
Christians: You just don't get it do you

Well at this point we don't even know who the christians are....

...and I find it so amuzing that athiests (if they really believe it) can spend so much time arguing with mentally handicapped dillusional neurotics.

Would they stand and argue with a child?

Would they sit and argue with a retard?

Misery loves company I guess...

I wish I had the faith of a retard.

I wish I had the faith of a child.

I wish I had the faith of an amputee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5-yKhDd64s&feature=related:P
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

How is the evidence part debatable? If there is evidence available then we should be able to test it. Where is the evidence to test for the existence of a deity?

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke.

It's not possible to test for the existence of a deity, only to do the reverse, and when someone says 'God did it', to show that it could have happened in a way that doesn't include God.

Of course there is no use , your mind is made up. The evidence that screams to me & others is ignored by you. Science is limited in what it can measure. To use our current level of scientific discovery to define ones entire reality leaves a lot of holes to say the least. Our ancestors didn't have to understand fire in order to use it, just as we don't have to understand the spirit in order to use the spiritual Wisdom God offers us. I for one can attest to its profound effect.

Have they checked your references yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uelHwf8o7_U&feature=PlayList&p=A643B6E74415F60C&index=1:P

:D

you ready to burn?

...I am.

where you gonna be at?

I'll show you the best this world has to offer.

Zhills would be a good starting point.;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L53gjP-TtGE&feature=PlayList&p=A643B6E74415F60C&index=1&playnext=1

:D

...then Dubai.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eUcRjo9Yv4

My Lord was right....They'd never believe the truth.

so, what do you want?

what will fill your heart?

lets go...what are we waiting for?

seriously man...It's been like an hour...I thought you wanted to do this....

What you want...some pussy?

I can get you some pussy man.

Sounds like you want something for life...well, I got 3 places in Michigan, 2 in Cali, 3 in Fla, 2 in Georgia, Alsaka....but the only way I can garuantee some life long tang is to shoot over to Dubai...nothing like an overseas girl...20-24?

you think I'm playing don't you.

Let's go nigga...Ima show you how to play...get it out of your system.

I'm ready, I can use a good excuse to get back down with the World.

wait...b4 we go, ima be at some lake mama gucci or some shit like that...gotta take some vid on the yaht for a short. But if you wanna come let me know by 11am tomorrow, we can fly you in. I can hook you up with Christina, 19, I think...she's a cutie.

Then we'll hit the bud bash, then head for zhills on monday.

Was gonna take Northwest, but I just called by buddy Marco and he's gonna be flying Pierce Brosnan to Detroit and can take us down to the hillz on his way back to bahamas...probly hit a few jumps on the way.

....oh one more thing....do you base? That's how we roll.

gotta do it up, you know?

Mojito!!!!!!!

(sorry...inside joke. By Boys are cracking up right now.)

....ok...C-dog checkin in...1:45. we just did some lines.

Did u ever do a line b4 a base?

it's like the closest thing to a heart attak...

actually, I had on one on the way down...insane.

I have a healthy heart...(so they say)

but ya man...the best part is seeing it for yourself.;)

...ok...just an update. 2:09am. We're about to burn a sitefor my last jump, (in michigan) if you wanna come. I696 and I10...Did you ever jump toward the cop lights just to escape...just to burn your site?

I love it how they always wait at the base of the antenna.:D

We're gonna be there by 6am to catch the sunrise and 1st police shift...we can fly you in at 4am and make it time...you still in Chicago?

oh...and here's the number to the Dog...313-587-5526

he'll arrange everything.

i'd just wait for a pm, but....i'm done here. Give a call if you're interested....or just take the blue pill and believe whatever you want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLjDbEk8PKc&feature=related

Our ancestors didn't have to understand fire in order to use it . . .

The difference is fire has physical properties. You can see it. It give off photons. It gives off heat. It uses oxygen.

If you can show me any physical property of "spirit" I'm more than open to examine it. That's all it would take. Show me and I'll be hooked.
quade -

Our ancestors didn't have to understand fire in order to use it . . .

The difference is fire has physical properties. You can see it. It give off photons. It gives off heat. It uses oxygen.

If you can show me any physical property of "spirit" I'm more than open to examine it. That's all it would take. Show me and I'll be hooked.

Certain experiments in Noetic Sciences have been shown to be accurate, or have been proven sound. As our technology advances, so does Noetic Science.
Even now, there are a few experiments that can be replicated.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Ok dude...

sorry bout the short notice....guess you ain't gonna make it...but if you and Kallend can leave by 5am, we'll wait...gimme a call.

also, I'm not going to lake shamung 2 morrow, had to cancel...the otherside wants to throw me a going away party...you should be there...7pm....but part of me feels like you just want to be a happy go lucky free world tree huggin' hippie that just thinks they're a good person...c'mon man...let me show you whats up.....let me show you hell at it's finest. Let me show you as good as it gets.

Let me make a believer out of you....

Ok dude...

sorry bout the short notice....guess you ain't gonna make it...but if you and Kallend can leave by 5am, we'll wait...gimme a call.

also, I'm not going to lake shamung 2 morrow, had to cancel...the otherside wants to throw me a going away party...you should be there...7pm....but part of me feels like you just want to be a happy go lucky free world tree huggin' hippie that just thinks they're a good person...c'mon man...let me show you whats up.....let me show you hell at it's finest. Let me show you as good as it gets.

Let me make a believer out of you....

Windsor, you're welome too...just say those magic words I asked of you....

Are you talking to you?

Puff puff pass dude - quit doing the bogart!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

no...actually, I don't want windsor to come....he'll fuck it all up...

but I think you're down.

not sure where u at, but if you're in the midwest I can get you here...just let me know by 5am.

Seriously...

lets do life without God...it's fun...either you'll love it or hate it.

simple.

I'm rolling out in 10 minz...I got 2 callers so far.

3 callers...looks like we're pushing it till 7am est...gotta hit cleveland real quick...

aight...nevermind...ships full. I'm outtie...

probly ain't gonna see you after the jump, but we'll bail you out if if you can't make the rendevous(location disclosed at summit)

...peace

Certain experiments in Noetic Sciences have been shown to be accurate, or have been proven sound.

Great. Show me one. Show me one reproducible result. Because in my experience, "Noetic Science" is right up there with "Creation Science" in terms of bullshit.

http://www.noeticsciences.co.uk/the-affirmation-experiment/

Yeah, that's an awesome proof they got there.
quade -