Coreece

Truth for Today 7/10/10

The intense desire has been to have answers about how and why things happen. We have tended to want those answers badly enough to simply make them up when they haven't yet been found.

I am surprised that someone with your obvious analytical insights would subscribe to such a simplistic inadequate rationalization. I don't know any more about what ignited the universe 13.75 billion years ago than did my pre-historical ancestors. Fear of the unknown is not a motivating force. The desire comes from wanting to know and be known by the source that gave us intellectual life.

The intense desire has been to have answers about how and why things happen. We have tended to want those answers badly enough to simply make them up when they haven't yet been found.

I am surprised that someone with your obvious analytical insights would subscribe to such a simplistic inadequate rationalization. I don't know any more about what ignited the universe 13.75 billion years ago than did my pre-historical ancestors.

You know more about what makes thunder. You know more about why the sun and the moon rise and set. You know why tides happen, what causes storms and earthquakes. You know about these things, so you don't have to make up all the Gods that directly control them like your ancient ancestors did.

But, as you say, you don't know exactly what brought the universe into being, so you've made Him up, just like they did.

Fear of the unknown is not a motivating force. The desire comes from wanting to know and be known by the source that gave us intellectual life.

Before you even get to your desire of wanting to be 'known' by that source, you have to have first decided that A) it exists and B) it is itself sentient. Why have you decided these things? Because you don't actually know why we're intelligent, so you've made it up.

Fear of the unknown may not be quite everything when it comes to faith and religion, but it is a very major factor!
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

> I don't know any more about what ignited the universe 13.75 billion
>years ago than did my pre-historical ancestors.

Uh, well for one, they didn't know it started 13.75 billion years ago.

No kidding, if you noticed I said "what ignited" not how long ago. I try to keep my comments abbreviated so that those with shorter attention spans can stay on point. I will try to do better in the future.

Before you even get to your desire of wanting to be 'known' by that source, you have to have first decided that A) it exists and B) it is itself sentient. Why have you decided these things? Because you don't actually know why we're intelligent, so you've made it up.

Maybe so, but I bet at one time you sought God.

>No kidding, if you noticed I said "what ignited" not how long ago.

OK, to be clearer then:

We know far, far more about what ignited the universe 13.75 billion years ago than did your pre-historical ancestors. We still do not know for sure, but we now have some very good ideas on what may have happened. (And none of them include turtles or women made from ribs.)

True words.

Religion is oppression. *Cue 'I'm free as I can ever be in the Lord'*.

Biggest regret I have about being Christian for most of my life thus far was that I was too scared to do what I wanted. God, I waited until I was 18 until I got laid for something that doesn't even exist!

One can never truly be free, but without religion you are that much more free.

PS: For those thinking about posting philosophical religion ridden messages about only ever being free when you find the Lord, save it. Because I've been there, that's not freedom. And since I'm going to be rotting in the ground when I die- I'm cool with not being free after death.

True words.

Religion is oppression. *Cue 'I'm free as I can ever be in the Lord'*.

Biggest regret I have about being Christian for most of my life thus far was that I was too scared to do what I wanted. God, I waited until I was 18 until I got laid for something that doesn't even exist!

One can never truly be free, but without religion you are that much more free.

PS: For those thinking about posting philosophical religion ridden messages about only ever being free when you find the Lord, save it. Because I've been there, that's not freedom. And since I'm going to be rotting in the ground when I die- I'm cool with not being free after death.

No, you never where a Christian.

...and if sex is how you define freedom, then you are blind...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

I'm sorry, I was never a Christian? That's quite hilarious. I was just as deluded as you are. Only difference between me and you is that I opened my eyes instead of continuing to live blindly for the rest of my life. Your logic fails miserably... I suppose everyone who was a Muslim and then converted to Christianity was never really a Muslim either? OH WAIT! No, let me guess what you will say- "No because that's not the real God, they hadn't found the power of Christ yet in their lives... Once you experience Jesus Christ you will never turn back". To which my reply would be... "Once you delude yourself enough YOU will never go back because you've convinced yourself".

I honestly pity you, if you haven't realized religion is bullshit by now you're probably going to go the rest of your life living for something that doesn't exist. And in the end rot in the ground like the rest of us... No second life of opportunity... You'd have just wasted your 1 and only life.

And you're just bitter because you're still trapped by your oppressive religion while I live for me and only me.

Go live already

I am...

It's you I worry about.

Why wlse would I be here?

You're clearly a jolly nice chap and no mistake. Thanks.. but I'll be fine no really. My life is full as I have my health and the love and friendship of warm REAL people (and my dog) - So I'm not looking for help or anything supernatural.

If you're having fun and do not feel like you are wasting your time .. have at it.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I don't have to worry about asking for forgiveness every time I commit a 'sin'.

I don't have to keep worrying about whether or not I am living my life according to "God's" book of rules.

I can lust over whom I please without guilt.

I can be jealous over what other people have without worrying about it.

I can show my true feelings towards people without having to try stick to lines of kindness.

In fact, I quite enjoy sinning.

Though it's not even about what one does with their freedom, it's that they have the option to.

I don't have to worry about asking for forgiveness every time I commit a 'sin'.

I don't have to keep worrying about whether or not I am living my life according to "God's" book of rules.

I can lust over whom I please without guilt.

I can be jealous over what other people have without worrying about it.

I can show my true feelings towards people without having to try stick to lines of kindness.

In fact, I quite enjoy sinning.

Though it's not even about what one does with their freedom, it's that they have the option to.

Thanks for sharing your value system.

Galatians 5:

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

23gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

24Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

25If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.

26Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I am...

It's you I worry about.

Why wlse would I be here?

Same reason we all are, we can't stand other people being so wrong all the time.

If you really are trying to save us from ourselves you may want to reconsider your approach - you catch more flys with honey than with being a condescending tit:P

(Times 2 (or maybe more like ten) for Ron as well)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

You're projecting:

"Once you delude yourself enough YOU will never go back because you've convinced yourself".

No second life of opportunity... You'd have just wasted your 1 and only life.

And you're just bitter

Same reason we all are, we can't stand other people being so wrong all the time.

well it really gets to me when simple truths are twisted either ignorantly or deliberately...

If you really are trying to save us from ourselves

That's not really my job.

you may want to reconsider your approach

I'll pray about it.

condescending tit

:D