NickDG

I got the "Oil Spill Blues" . . .

Oh, shut up you redneck dipshits! You can't have it both ways . . .

I feel for the ignorant people of the Gulf States. But you accepted offshore oil drilling. You accepted the jobs, the money, and the infrastructure of support it brought you. You are so fond of waiving the flag, proclaiming how strong and hearty you are, how you can stand on your own two feet. Now you all have your hands out. "Where's the Government," you're all saying now. (The same government you all profess to hate so much.)

Do you know why there are only a handful of offshore rigs along the west coast? It's because we liberals (all the Gulfsters hate and like to belittle) refused to let it happen. I don't mind you getting money from BP, (and they'll go bankrupt sooner than later) but your stupidity is also costing the rest of us money too.

Stop crying about how many of your generations fished for a living. (And how is it possible you all work so hard on the water when everyone of you I see on TV are totally fat slobs?) Guess what? Thanks to you being morons fishing is over in your lifetime so move on. Try and find a more nurturing way to make a living instead of wounding the Earth for money. I suggest pot farming.

You already have the overalls and everything . . .

NickD :)

just off the cuff-the people fishing aren't the rig workers. I'm not seeing a high percentage of complaints. But I probably am behind the curve-you've got web news and tv where I only spend a lot of time with friends and family in the area. I can see where you're closer to the situation.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

I feel for the ignorant people of the Gulf States. But you accepted offshore oil drilling. You accepted the jobs, the money, and the infrastructure of support it brought you. You are so fond of waiving the flag, proclaiming how strong and hearty you are, how you can stand on your own two feet. Now you all have
Send e-mail notification on reply

Attachment:
your hands out. "Where's the Government," you're all saying now. (The same government you all profess to hate so much.)

Do you know why there are only a handful of offshore rigs along the west coast? It's because we liberals (all the Gulfsters hate and like to belittle) refused to let it happen. I don't mind you getting money from BP, (and they'll go bankrupt sooner than later) but your stupidity is also costing the rest of us money too.

Stop crying about how many of your generations fished for a living. (And how is it possible you all work so hard on the water when everyone of you I see on TV are totally fat slobs?) Guess what? Thanks to you being morons fishing is over in your lifetime so move on. Try and find a more nurturing way to make a living instead of wounding the Earth for money. I suggest pot farming.

Uhmmm...I think Odumbo won all those states!

I live by the coast, and I have not seen a person with their hand out, or crying about their lost heritage and jobs. You gotta remember the media are attention whores, and probably spent millions to find that first bird covered in oil, and every person that fits the bill to stand in front of the camera and put on a good show

Same reason tornadoes are magnetically attracted to trailer parks, the media knows where they can find a show....

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

I feel for the ignorant people of the Gulf States. But you accepted offshore oil drilling. You accepted the jobs, the money, and the infrastructure of support it brought you. You are so fond of waiving the flag, proclaiming how strong and hearty you are, how you can stand on your own two feet. Now you all have your hands out. "Where's the Government," you're all saying now. (The same government you all profess to hate so much.)

Unless the west coast has refused to use oil from the gulf then you can feel free to step down off your high horse and go back to something respectable like pot farming. The liberals didn't allow off shore rigs because you'd rather have someone else do your work. Surprising, I know. Speaking of ignorance, the west coast uses oil from those rigs so keep beating on your chest big guy.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

LMFAO....

not too many rednecks down the bayou here bud, last I checked it was a bunch of coonasses ;)

not a one of me or my boys crying.. I know where my money comes from and all thats been sacrificed so everybody can flip a light switch and fuel up the rides......

they can shut the whole motherfucker down tomorrow, and we still wont be crying cause we'll still be diving doing all the P&A and removals for the next 20yrs.....

if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

What's the matter - the first time around when you posted this crap a month ago it wasn't good enough for you? Previous thread: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3876920; Are you going to repeat this sad performance month after month?

Jeez Louise, John. You have started 436,722 threads swiping at the UK. And you've started over 13 million threads about guns! (My research team stayed up all night counting them.) Don't we all have our glass houses?

LMFAO....

not too many rednecks down the bayou here bud, last I checked it was a bunch of coonasses ;)

not a one of me or my boys crying.. I know where my money comes from and all thats been sacrificed so everybody can flip a light switch and fuel up the rides......

they can shut the whole motherfucker down tomorrow, and we still wont be crying cause we'll still be diving doing all the P&A and removals for the next 20yrs.....

I read where, folks cleaning-up all that sludge, are only allowed to work 10-minutes out of each hour, according to 'federal regulations'. Do you know if that's true or just some more antics by the media?

Chuck

that 10 minute bit was/is in areas with concentrations of xylene, benzene and/or other chemicals that are dangerous to breathe for any period of time. These occur naturally in some crude, and have been found to be present in the oil from this mess.
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

theres a lot of nasty stuff thats naturally occurring in the formation as well as particles suspended in the crude from drilling fluids and various dispersants that have been used....most of that stuff is highly toxic and should be handled in full hazmat PPE...

there is no safe exposure limits that i am aware of....areas of heavy concentrations are being handled by trained personel in proper PPE...

probably a report taken out of context by the media....the beachcombers and crews on the boats in the marsh pulling up oil soak are working like normal.....
Perry Farrell

you dont want to be around it at all for any period of time without the proper equipment...;)

many of those who took on the task to fool with it, without a proper understanding of the hazzards involved are going to regret it at some point...

Perry Farrell