billeisele

14th Amendment - Right to Citizenship

Chango, do you think illegals should be deported?

I think that people born in the U.S. are U.S. citizens. Period.

Care to answer the question I actually asked?

(by the way, I don't disagree that people born in the US are US citizens except for diplomats and the like)
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

(by the way, I don't disagree that people born in the US are US citizens except for diplomats and the like)

No. I don't wish to answer your question. It is irrelevent.

It is definately relevant.
It bears down directly to the "new citizen" freshly born.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

It is definately relevant.
It bears down directly to the "new citizen" freshly born.

Whether or not the parents should be deported is an entirely seperate issue.

Tweaking the 14th amendment in order to revoke/deny citizenship of a particular group of people who are born in the U.S. means that states could pass laws which severely infringe on those groups' human rights. This is NOT the way to deal with illegal immigration.

As long as we have large numbers of illegal immigrants being hired exploited by U.S. citizens who employ them, they - an even their relatives/friends who have followed them to seek a better life here - are going to have some children born in U.S. territory. If those children are denied citizenship and they have children too (and so on), then we end up with a resident population of generations of people who are born in the U.S., but are not accorded all of the protections of the Bill of Rights. Hmmm .... sound familiar?

The 14th amendment was intended to remedy just that situation!

How about instead if we revoke the citizenship of any Americans who illegally hire and exploit a class of people?:P

How about instead if we revoke the citizenship of any Americans who illegally hire and exploit a class of people?

it's called jail

and why are you so stuck on class - any INDIVIDUAL that commits and illegal act on another individual should go to jail

as for 'exploitation' - how subjective can you be?

One group hires illegally - that's a crime
the other enters illegally - that's a separate crime

we have to address both crimes - it's not "either/or" like you guys can't seem to grasp

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

How about instead if we revoke the citizenship of any Americans who illegally hire and exploit a class of people?

it's called jail

and why are you so stuck on class - any INDIVIDUAL that commits and illegal act on another individual should go to jail

we have to address both crimes - it's not "either/or" like you guys can't seem to grasp

Sorry, I should gave provided a sarcasm button for you.

ETA: We are talking about the children (and their children ...).

it's called jail

Easy Solution . . . kid is a citizen, gets a birth certificate - Parents deported and can come back when legally allowed.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

it's called jail

Easy Solution . . . kid is a citizen, gets a birth certificate - Parents deported and can come back when legally allowed.

So we agree. The kids are and should be U.S. citizens.

(deportation of the parents is a separate issue)

it's called jail

So we agree. The kids are and should be U.S. citizens.

(deportation of the parents is a separate issue)

Yes - we agree there.

Now get the parents the hell out of the country!

ok....MANDATORY STERILIZATION for all illegal aliens.

Just to be sure, sex would be a felony.

Sarcasm is a wonderful thing;)

Only hetero sex - cuz - what babies can be made then?

How about instead if we revoke the citizenship of any Americans who illegally hire and exploit a class of people?:P

all of your sarcasm aside, this is where the solution lies. Punishment for employers of illegal immigrants.
--
Rob

all of your sarcasm aside, this is where the solution lies. Punishment for employers of illegal immigrants.

That is only a partial solution.
The other part, the biggest part and the most crucial part is to secure the borders.

The other part, the biggest part and the most crucial part is to secure the borders.

Effective implementation of the first option is essential. Without that, the second part becomes astronomically expensive and ugly.

Effective implementation of the first option is essential. Without that, the second part becomes astronomically expensive and ugly.

It already is -

But you are missing a third part of the solution. REQUIRE that the bordering countries provide more assistance in the securing of the border and MUCH less advocation. Keep the monies here somehow, and there will be less incentive to illegally enter.

It already is -

But you are missing a third part of the solution. REQUIRE that the bordering countries provide more assistance in the securing of the border and MUCH less advocation. Keep the monies here somehow, and there will be less incentive to illegally enter.

That would be nice, but not as effective and certainly not very enforceable. Let's enforce our own hiring laws before we focus on forcing Mexico to make it's citizens happier;)

It already is -

That would be nice, but not as effective and certainly not very enforceable. Let's enforce our own hiring laws before we focus on forcing Mexico to make it's citizens happier;)

WHY can't we do all of those things simultaneously?

Do you have a reason NOT to?

Take away logistics and answer the question that way.

The Border Patrol is short of recruits. When are you applying? Nice working conditions (warm, dry).

www.jobmonkey.com/governmentjobs/border-patrol-jobs.html

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The Border Patrol is short of recruits. When are you applying? Nice working conditions (warm, dry).

www.jobmonkey.com/governmentjobs/border-patrol-jobs.html

I don't fit the entry criteria. I made inquiries, and I considered it, but I was denied that opportunity.

It already is -

That's fine, but without placing a very high priority on the first, the other two will go nowhere. (pretty close to the current situation) Placing top priority on either of the other two is futile.

It already is -

That's fine, but without placing a very high priority on the first, the other two will go nowhere. (pretty close to the current situation) Placing top priority on either of the other two is futile.

I believe that the money is the most imnportant part of the equasion here.
If the monies have to stay here - not as many would want to sneak in.

How do you propose keeping money in the US?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

How do you propose keeping money in the US?

Wendy P.

I don't know. That is why I said "Somehow". Do you disagree that it would make a difference and would be a prominent factor when making the decision to try to breach the border illegally?