Lucky...

More hypocrisy from the far right...

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/glenn-beck-apologizes-for-making-fun-of-barack-obamas-daughter-malia/19496426?ncid=webmaildl1

They just can't help themselves, even if the target is an 11 yo girl. These self-appointed tough guys are really cowards. This isn't the first time the right has taken shots at Dem president's kids, the turds took shots at the Clinton's kid Chelsea all the time.

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/glenn-beck-apologizes-for-making-fun-of-barack-obamas-daughter-malia/19496426?ncid=webmaildl1

They just can't help themselves, even if the target is an 11 yo girl. These self-appointed tough guys are really cowards. This isn't the first time the right has taken shots at Dem president's kids, the turds took shots at the Clinton's kid Chelsea all the time.

Like nobody ever took shots at Bush and Cheny's kids?

It's wrong no matter who does it.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Beck was clearly out of line if he did this. But he's an entertainer. To hold him out as a bright, shining example of a block of people is stretching it.

And Lucky: calling people turds and cowards doesn't sway me to your side of the argument much either.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Well. lucky, it looks like we agree on something. A president's kids should be off limits.

But I would like to see some examples of your claim anybody "took shots at the Clinton's kid Chelsea all the time". My recollection is that the Clintons kept her out of the spotlight and both parties respected that.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

I did a quick search and didn't see any Dem pundits or politicians doing so. Provide some.

Furthermore, Jenna and Barbara were underage drinking and allegedly smoking dope. Wasn't one of them arrested/cited for fake ID to get booze? Yes they were http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2001/may/31/usa.michaelellison

What did Chelsea or Obama's kids do? NOTHING. It's justifyable to report a crime such as this, vesus your hero, the so-called American hero saying about Chelsea Clinton: http://www.salon.com/news/1998/06/25newsb.html

"Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly?
Because her father is Janet Reno."

What makes this even more pathetic is the family values BS. See, when ya hang this rhetoric on your nametag, you just raised the bar several hundred feet, us immoral libs can do what we want and we haven't crossed any of our own standards; this is teh hypoicrisy to which we refer and you guys just can't grasp. DROP THE PSEUDO FAMILY VALUES BS; NO ONE EVER BOUGHT IT.

So the conclusion is that not only are the family values losers just pathetic, but when it comes to material fact, Chelsea Clinton is allegedly ugly per the RW and the Bush daughters are underage drinkers, a crime a poor behavior.

So now the Obama kids are fair game, I just didn't find the left pundits/politicians taking shots at the Bush kids, perhaps there were, but never as cruel as from the party of family values.

EDITED TO ADD: Shots at Cheney's kids came from teh right as she's a lesbian.

Well. lucky, it looks like we agree on something. A president's kids should be off limits.

But I would like to see some examples of your claim anybody "took shots at the Clinton's kid Chelsea all the time". My recollection is that the Clintons kept her out of the spotlight and both parties respected that.

Then I guess you conveniently ignored McCain's, "ugly as Janet Reno" remark.

As for all the time, I guess occassionally is OK in your book. Nice to see you defending the Repub Party agian, you non-republican. :S

Beck was clearly out of line if he did this. But he's an entertainer. To hold him out as a bright, shining example of a block of people is stretching it.

And Lucky: calling people turds and cowards doesn't sway me to your side of the argument much either.

People who take vicious shots at politician's kids are turds and cowards. Calling adults this under these circumstances is appropriate, but I appreciate your strawman as well; it was anticipated.

Beck, Limbaugh, Hannity and many others are unofficial fixtures and spokespeople of the Repub Party. Steele is dwarfed by them, no one cares what he has to say, these pundits are praised by the Republican electorate all the time.

And McCain, last I checked, was a fixture too.

As for all the time, I guess occassionally is OK in your book. Nice to see you defending the Repub Party agian, you non-republican. :S

Wasn't aware of that remark. Care to post it in it's entirety? Is that the only one you have? You did say the Repubs did it "all the time".
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

Wasn't aware of that remark. Care to post it in it's entirety? Is that the only one you have? You did say the Repubs did it "all the time".

The "all the time" is a perception that results from echoes, which are caused by the emptiness of their arguments.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Kids under 18, I pretty much agree, but depends on the situation. I'd leave the door open for one that was say, 16 and spouting extremist views. I don't think we've seen that yet, but I wouldn't rule that out for all time.

Once a kid comes of age and makes the decision to enter public life by making political statements, they're fair game for anything.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I notice that there is no mention of how wrong it is to do similar bashing to Bush's daughters . . . What is life like being so single minded?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I notice that there is no mention of how wrong it is to do similar bashing to Bush's daughters.

How old were they? College; right?

While at University of Texas, Jenna and her sister Barbara made national headlines when they were both arrested for alcohol related charges twice within 5 weeks: on April 29, 2001, Jenna was charged with a misdemeanor for possession of alcohol under the age 21 in Austin. On May 29, 2001, Jenna was charged with another misdemeanor — attempting to use a fake ID (with the name Barbara Pierce, her paternal grandmother's maiden name) to purchase alcohol. She pleaded no contest to both charges.[6][7][8][9] Jenna Bush graduated from the University of Texas with a degree in English in 2004.

Source;http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenna_Hager#Early_life_and_education

Can you maybe see a bit of a difference between that and an 11-year-old girl asking her father if an oil leak had stopped?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Maher noted that Palin has five children including an infant "that has Down syndrome. She had it when she was 43 years old. And it looks a lot like John Edwards."

Took about 3 seconds on Google to spot. I'm still trying to find your post on how outraged you were at this. I can't find where you were offended about Letterman's joke about 14 year old Willow either. Want to see hypocrisy, skippy? Buy a mirror with that cash you're saving on insurance premiums.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

What beck said was stupid - the mocking part of it. The fact that Obama brought it up I think makes it fair game for discussion.
I think it likely did not even happen, and even if it did, Obama mentions it because he wants to be the one responsible for the success (thinking it would happen soon).

Obama has been doing the "first thing I think of when waking up and going to sleep" for a bunch of things. Too bad he doesn't focus on it in between.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I agree attacking the kids is low. It happens on both sides of the political spectrum though, and when you make a title specifically targeting the right wing, you loose credibility in my book. You are such a known right wing hater, that your posts are almost laughable in my book. You should try leaving out the whole right vs left wing aspect, and simply present the topic as "radio host makes fun of obama's daughter" and then maybe people would draw their own conclusion that the right wing is "evil". Better that way then trying to forcibly see your way of things.

Just an idea.

The "all the time" is a perception that results from echoes, which are caused by the emptiness of their arguments.

Ahh isn't perception great..... I guess you percieved Lush Rimjobs calling Chelsea Clinton the "White House Dog" to be just peachy keen thing to call a young girl...... oh thats right she is a Clinton.. so its ok for the fringe right to attack her.

People who take vicious shots at politician's kids are turds and cowards. Calling adults this under these circumstances is appropriate, but I appreciate your strawman as well; it was anticipated.

Beck, Limbaugh, Hannity and many others are unofficial fixtures and spokespeople of the Repub Party. Steele is dwarfed by them, no one cares what he has to say, these pundits are praised by the Republican electorate all the time.

And McCain, last I checked, was a fixture too.

Wow. That's your idea of vicious? I had it down as inappropriate or untoward. Vicious? I really think your comments were worse personal attacks. I'm going to bow out again. I don't see common sense, logic and polite discussion taking the field here.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

He's as much a spokesperson for me as Bill M is a spokesperson for most liberals

I think it's a pretty big stretch to lump together the material of a comedian with the material of a political commentator. Unless you're actually saying that Beck is a comedian, or that Bill M has put himself out there as a political commentator. Comedians make their living by making fun of people, among other things. I don't think that's how Beck would describe his profession.

kids should be off limits across the board.

I'll still agree with you here. I'm not sure how this debate has gone on, even as long as this.

Say what you mean. Do what you say.