Bolas

An unrefutable argument for Creationism...

I again state that the only inexhaustable natural resource is stupidity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjlgUx7_aN0

Do unto others as they've done to you
But what the hell is this world coming to?

Blow the universe into nothingness
Nuclear warfare shall lay us to rest

Fight fire with fire
Ending is near
Fight fire with fire
Bursting with fear
We all shall die

Time is like a fuse, short and burning fast
Armageddon is here, like said in the past

Fight fire with fire
Ending is near
Fight fire with fire
Bursting with fear

Soon to fill our lungs the hot winds of death
The gods are laughing, so take your last breath

Fight fire with fire
Ending is near
Fight fire with fire
Bursting with fear

Fight fire with fire x8
Fight!
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Just try to refute his facts.
For that matter, see if you can agree either. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnPddKWIC_g

What's even funnier is that some people seem to actually think that he is being serious...

or maybe they're just the "smart" ones.. :ph34r::ph34r::D
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

What's even funnier is that some people seem to actually think that he is being serious...

I haven't even watched it yet...don't need too.

good point...I know where these people come from.

all bullshniz...

Just try to refute his facts.
For that matter, see if you can agree either. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnPddKWIC_g

What would also be funny is if you didn't think that every one of those arguments hasn't been used in seriousness by creationists around here (yes, even the 'God is fixing the test results and that's proof' one).

While I don't think this particular guy is serious, it does get really, really hard to tell with these muppets.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Where is there even a hint that he is kidding? He appears to be as serious as the nutters who set up that Disney-style creationism theme park. Maybe they are just kidding too. And the 911 truthers, and Moon hoaxers, and Holocaust deniers, and Planet X crowd; yeah, they are all just pulling our chain to see how long we go along thinking they are serious.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Where is there even a hint that he is kidding?

Just seemed obvious to me I guess. But also the dude has videos like this on his favorites list:

http://www.youtube.com/user/bob2sean#p/f/11/iCIkvvHaeUs
http://www.youtube.com/user/bob2sean#p/f/10/kHmvkRoEowc
http://www.youtube.com/user/bob2sean#p/f/5/5PsnxDQvQpw

The last one happens to be my favorite... Its some funny shit.

yes, even the 'God is fixing the test results and that's proof' one

There is no proof...

God requires faith and that makes sense to me.

...and that's what pisses you off.

Get over it.

There is no proof...

+1

There is no proof...

Which is exactly why it is so hilarious when the numerous, numerous morons out there try and say that there is proof.

Then I wonder why you keep trying to make arguments justifying that faith? If there's no proof you must know that you're on a fool's errand?

Get over it.

Sorry dude. I do believe that over the last few days you've been the one being more than a little bit pissy. (Ref: Um, piss off;))

Sorry dude. I do believe that over the last few days you've been the one being more than a little bit pissy.

I figured tha's all you'd have to say...

um, well done.

EDIT
:P

I figured tha's all you'd have to say...

Not that you gave much else to seriously reply to, but since that was only one of three paragraphs I wrote, you were wrong. I'm not sure why you felt you needed to point that out.

um, well done.

When faced with such a basic error as this, I am afraid I cannot reciprocate the sentiment.

Hell, I don't even know why you're trying to pick a fight. I disagree with the guy, you disagree with the guy - apparently you think that should be a source of friction between us. Oh well.

When faced with such a basic error as this, I am afraid I cannot reciprocate the sentiment

fail...

but hey, your superior linguistic skills prevail again...how long will you hide behind them?

When faced with such a basic error as this, I am afraid I cannot reciprocate the sentiment

fail...

Why?

Anyone can declare victory, but it's pointless unless you can demonstrate it.

but hey, your superior linguistic skills prevail again...how long will you hide behind them?

I think you mean reasoning skills, and I really don't consider that to be hiding. If you do, you're somewhat lost.

But again, why exactly are you picking a fight here? I disagree with his arguments, you disagree with his arguments... why so angry?

But again, why exactly are you picking a fight here?

I just posted a response b4 your last post but there was an error...probably due to God's soverighnty, eh?;)

...but you are the one always picking the fights with christians.

but this time I brought it up because I know you have a serious problem with the "F" word (faith)...it's something I remembered from a few years ago...

...but you are the one always picking the fights with christians.

If by 'picking a fight' you mean posting in threads about whether god exists... right back atcha.

but this time I brought it up because I know you have a serious problem with the "F" word (faith)...it's something I remembered from a few years ago...

And brought it up in an adversarial fashion even though I was making a point that you agreed with. I must be under your skin or something.

And as far as faith goes, it's funny how many people say it's all down to faith, and then spend a long time trying to justify that faith with 'evidence' and anecdotes about how god really does exist really. Take a look at your recent posting history f.e.

I must be under your skin or something.

You wish...
you've already stated that that's your reason for being here in previous post...

again...get over it. Perhaps I should go futher and say get over yourself...but how cliche, eh?

but the truth is that I love you and respect your input...your chalenges have led me back to scripture that have ultimately strengthend me, regardless of my failures.

Romans 8:28:
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

And as far as faith goes, it's funny how many people say it's all down to faith, and then spend a long time trying to justify that faith with 'evidence' and anecdotes about how god really does exist really. Take a look at your recent posting history f.e.

Romans 10:14-15
How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written,"How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!"

You wish...
you've already stated that that's your reason for being here in previous post...

Then again, why the agro? I said something that you agree with, and yet, even though you agreed with me, you went out of your way to reply to me with something you thought I would have a problem with. You just said it yourself, that's the only reason you replied.

How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written,"How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!"

You could do that without contradicting yourself. You can't just go around saying "There is no proof, you just have to have faith... but here are examples of god messing around with people's lives that i think are proof" and not expect to be called on it.

There is no proof...

Because it is nonsense.

Nothing "requires faith" unless it is pure, unadulterated nonsense. Every god out there has its adherents, who believe with every fiber of their being that they are right and that every other system of belief is wrong. I just agree with everybody to the extent that all the others are wrong - and that they are, too.

Hearing various people make claims of pentultimate truth, as handed down by various charlatans, pederasts and snake-oil salesmen, wears thin.

"Well, I have it on GOOD AUTHORITY that the Hokey Pokey REALLY IS what it is all about!"

If one does their homework, it becomes apparent in short order that the fundamental basis of all organized religion is applied ignorance. This harkens back to my thesis that the only inexhaustible natural resource is stupidity, and anyone who can harness it is set for life.

The proliferation of religions is proof of the fact that intelligence is vastly overrated. In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is not a king - he's a pariah.

Get over it.

Not to worry, I have faith that you will forge ahead without the hint of understanding. What's to get over?

BSBD,

Winsor

You can't argue with them... people like this think that the dude in this video was actually serious. It's hard to reason with such lack of recognition.

You wish...

Then again, why the agro? I said something that you agree with, and yet, even though you agreed with me, you went out of your way to reply to me with something you thought I would have a problem with. You just said it yourself, that's the only reason you replied.

You could do that without contradicting yourself. You can't just go around saying "There is no proof, you just have to have faith... but here are examples of god messing around with people's lives that i think are proof" and not expect to be called on it.

What do you have against faith?

You have faith that your main and reserve will work, right?

you have faith that gravity will work, right?

You have faith that a newbee will bring some beer for some firsts, right?

Who are you to say that faith is wrong? Who are you to even begin to tell someone what they are to believe or not believe?

What makes you THAT special? Are you saying that we should all have faith that you are steering us in the proper direction?

Are we to believe that your words and criticisms are gospel now?

Are we to believe that you are the new Messiah, speaking the truth?

Again - what makes you so special that you can call someone a fool for believing, when all you are doing is believing in what you believe to be your version of the truth?

Are you that special?

Are you that omnipotent?

Are you that Omnicient?

Maybe we should be praying to you.

ALL MIGHTY JAKEE - SHOW US THE WAY!

Whatever . . .

Live a fruitless life without faith . . .

I'll still pray for you in hopes that your life and soul will end up better.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

You can't argue with them... people like this think that the dude in this video was actually serious. It's hard to reason with such lack of recognition.

Like I said, regardless of the dude in the video... if you don't think that every single one of his arguments gets used regularly and for real then I'm afraid you're the one who has problems recognising what goes on.

Hell, there's even a name (which I forget) for the difficulty of telling between spoof and real creationist arguments, due to the utter absurdity of the pseudo-scientific garbage they will throw at you in total seriousness.

What do you have against faith?

You have faith that your main and reserve will work, right?

you have faith that gravity will work, right?

You have faith that a newbee will bring some beer for some firsts, right?

Who are you to say that faith is wrong? Who are you to even begin to tell someone what they are to believe or not believe?

Faith is belief based on NO EVIDENCE. There is good evidence in support of all the beliefs described above. OTOH, religious beliefs are based on no evidence whatsoever. Your religious beliefs have no more foundation in evidence than belief in Zeus, Thor, or the FSM.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

[
Faith is belief based on NO EVIDENCE. There is good evidence in support of all the beliefs described above. OTOH, religious beliefs are based on no evidence whatsoever. Your religious beliefs have no more foundation in evidence than belief in Zeus, Thor, or the FSM.

Why is the search for a faith based reality such a big part of so many peoples lives? The evidence is obvious once one realizes the void in their life and then experiences the fulfillment of God. Repeat your faith based mantra all you like, science will never meet the needs of the spirit, only God can do that.