Rstanley0312

This economic recovery....

What part of "everything else" (your words) do you not understand?

(PS a lot of that waste came from your precious DoD).

Keep reading "everything else the government does" Stop playing semantics. Let me rephrase.... everything the government wastes money on....]

OK, but you actually wrote "Or just piss it away on everything else the Govt. does which far exceeds the money spent on the war". You haven't shown that the waste you cited exceeded the cost of the war Bush waged under false pretenses. Far from it.

Yes I did if you read the link..... that same string over and over... you cannot help it can you.

Anyway, the point is its all waste to me.

I think you misunderestimate the cost of Bush's war. When all is added up, including continuing healthcare for injured servicemen, it is well over $1 Trillion.

Ok Kall..... one more time. I do NOT like the waste!

Right, what you define as appropriate spending is not waste, what others want is waste; we get you.

The DoD needs to cut back as well.

Oh, how much? Not counting Iraq/AFG spending we match teh world, so what do ya think, we cut it in half? Or 10% and cut all social programs?

I am not a fan of war unless it needs to happen which I do believe SOMETIMES it does.

And you feel Iraq/AFG need to happen, so you are for war, right? Come on out and take a stance for once.

Stop making this about Bush.

Who provided BS intek to congress and pushed for war making it an unpatriotic move to vote againstg it? Who kept pushing for more war money?

The point is the US Govt. pisses money away every day.

And most of teh debt is directly atrributable to Reagan and GWB, indirectly virtually all of it.

Bush did it now Obama is doing it on a larger scale.

http://www.heritage.org/budgetchartbook/growth-federal-spending-revenue

Math not your strong suit? Or is it geometry? Should be easy to see that once again you're wrong.

It needs to STOP! Get my point yet? :P

Yes, tax cuts and kill all social programs.

Keep reading "everything else the government does" Stop playing semantics. Let me rephrase.... everything the government wastes money on....]

OK, but you actually wrote "Or just piss it away on everything else the Govt. does which far exceeds the money spent on the war". You haven't shown that the waste you cited exceeded the cost of the war Bush waged under false pretenses. Far from it.

Yes I did if you read the link..... that same string over and over... you cannot help it can you.

I think you misunderestimate the cost of Bush's war. When all is added up, including continuing healthcare for injured servicemen, it is well over $1 Trillion.

Ok Kall..... one more time. I do NOT like the waste! The DoD needs to cut back as well. I am not a fan of war unless it needs to happen which I do believe SOMETIMES it does. Stop making this about Bush. The point is the US Govt. pisses money away every day. Bush did it now Obama is doing it on a larger scale. It needs to STOP! Get my point yet? :P

Yes,everything the govt spends money on which is not the war is waste: "Or just piss it away on everything else the Govt. does which far exceeds the money spent on the war" , and you are against it. So you ARE against Social Security, Air Traffic Control, national parks, interstate highways, bridges, airports, seaports, the coast guard, the FBI...

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Ok

Something we can agree on:)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Ok Kall..... one more time. I do NOT like the waste! The DoD needs to cut back as well. I am not a fan of war unless it needs to happen which I do believe SOMETIMES it does. Stop making this about Bush. The point is the US Govt. pisses money away every day. Bush did it now Obama is doing it on a larger scale. It needs to STOP! Get my point yet? :P

Yes,everything the govt spends money on which is not the war is waste: "Or just piss it away on everything else the Govt. does which far exceeds the money spent on the war" , and you are against it. So you ARE against Social Security, Air Traffic Control, national parks, interstate highways, bridges, airports, seaports, the coast guard, the FBI...

He'll let ya know as he goes, then reserve the right to change his mind or not assert an opinion, yet complain :S:S:S

Pretty much the only way to get out of a depression or a recession is spending.

i disagree. you as an individual cant borrow and spend your way to wealth and prosperity and neither can the country as a whole. my 2 cents

Of course you can.

You go to the bank with a business plan to make a better computer. Bank lends you money. You start making computers in your garage. People buy them. You make better computers. People buy them. You introduce a better portable music device. People buy them You introduce a better phone. People buy them. You are Steve Jobs, a billionaire.

Much the same story with Motorola, Microsoft, HP, Google and countless others where the company was started with borrowed money and a good idea.

It's called investing for the future.

Of course, we could also borrow money and piss it away on a war fought under false pretenses.

Or just piss it away on everything else the Govt. does which far exceeds the money spent on the war but keep playing that same string..... :S

Steve Jobs and the US Govt. are totally different. That company knows how to manage money.

Well, let's think about "everything else the govt. does":

I take it that you consider social security payments to people who have worked hard all their lives and paid their taxes to be pissing money away.

I take it you consider the building of and maintenance of the interstate highway system to be a waste of money.

I take it you consider National Parks a waste of money.

I take it you consider air traffic control a waste of money.

I take it you consider the US Coast Guard a waste of money.

I take it you consider the FBI a waste of money.

I take it you consider the CIA a waste of money.

I take it you consider the Federal Court System a waste of money.

Next to entitlements, all of those are a drop in the bucket. Dept of Interior, State, Justice, NSF, DHS, VA, Agriculture...don't even add up to half of HHS alone, or even a quarter of HHS and SS together.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Next to entitlements, all of those are a drop in the bucket. Dept of Interior, State, Justice, NSF, DHS, VA, Agriculture...don't even add up to half of HHS alone, or even a quarter of HHS and SS together.

On the whole, I consider money spent caring for sick and aged Americans and looking after public health in the USA to be a far better use of taxpayer money than killing brown people, who have done nothing to us, half a world away in a futile search for mythical WMDs.

Ok Kall..... one more time. I do NOT like the waste!

Right, what you define as appropriate spending is not waste, what others want is waste; we get you.

The DoD needs to cut back as well.

Oh, how much? Not counting Iraq/AFG spending we match teh world, so what do ya think, we cut it in half? Or 10% and cut all social programs?

I am not a fan of war unless it needs to happen which I do believe SOMETIMES it does.

And you feel Iraq/AFG need to happen, so you are for war, right? Come on out and take a stance for once.

Stop making this about Bush.

Who provided BS intek to congress and pushed for war making it an unpatriotic move to vote againstg it? Who kept pushing for more war money?

The point is the US Govt. pisses money away every day.

And most of teh debt is directly atrributable to Reagan and GWB, indirectly virtually all of it.

Bush did it now Obama is doing it on a larger scale.

http://www.heritage.org/budgetchartbook/growth-federal-spending-revenue

Math not your strong suit? Or is it geometry? Should be easy to see that once again you're wrong.

It needs to STOP! Get my point yet? :P

There you are... I was starting to worry about you. I figured you were hiding bc of the market :P

So I skimmed through your response... pretty much the usual crap. One thing I did notice though... the "take a stance" bit. I don't know how many times I have to say something to be demmed a stance but I feel the Iraq war over all was a waste. I think some positive things came out of it but it was a waste of tax money and more importantly ... American lives! The Afgan war or military Op. is necessary I think.

What's that I hear? Oh it's you balming Bush again....... wow... shocker. Your boy is racking up way more debt and faster than Ronnie or W did. You love him so much why can't you just acept that and admit it's true? I mean Obama is doing what you want him to ... he is prionting money and pumping tax money in to social programs so I don't get why you deny its happening. I get you don't see it as waste but it is still happening.

P.s. What was that I said about the market? What did you say? Yup you still have no clue.

Missed you
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

When you received you doctorate I guess none of the classes you took ever taught logic or reason....

Stop tap dancing and makingf statements appear to be ones that I have made or believe. I listed above and attached articles of what I see as waste and I even wrote about my thoughts on SS. Yet, you still ignore all of that and try to pigeon hole me. You refuse to actually read and actually comprehend what is there in balck and white. You just read through things waiting to repeat the exact same crap.

You are like the guy that is not listening at all to the other side you just find a couple things that were said and take them out of context. You don't listen you just formulate a nonsense argument the whole time the other person is speaking. I really thought so much more of you b4. No that you give a damn but it is what it is I guess.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.

He'll let ya know as he goes, then reserve the right to change his mind or not assert an opinion, yet complain :S:S:S

What a joke! :S Look at you.... not even bothering to read the thread. If you were to do that you would see that I did state my opinion and provided references to what I believe. I know its a lot of hard work for you to read so much Lucky but try to keep up if you want to throw in your .01!

... is going so well. Like Lucky said.... look at that market. :S

Markets being propped up by "hope" will never hold.

I just ran the numbers.

According to http://www.usdebtclock.org/, the US Government has an outstanding balance of $13,000,000,000,000 or so, amounting to $42,000 per citizen or $118,000 per taxpayer.

Using the mortgage calculator at:

http://www.bankrate.com/calculators/mortgages/mortgage-calculator.aspx,

a 40 year fixed mortgage (the longest term calculated at this site) gives us payments of $733.29 at 7%.

If you take Government employees out of the picture, you are looking at $167,000 per taxpayer, and monthly payments of $1,037.79.

Thus, if we quit spending more than we take in right now, every non-governmental taxpayer would have to cough up another $1,000 a month, every month, for 40 years for us to be broke.

Now, if we look at our total debt, things get a bit more interesting. Our total debt of $55 Trillion corresponds to $720,648 per non-governmental taxpayer. Again, using 40 years at 7% as our basis, this amounts to $4,478.33 per taxpayer per month.

I realize that, if we were to somehow balance the budget, an extra $4.5k a month per taxpayer is chump change. It's only money, right?

I get the impression that people hope that a Band-Aid is going to fix arterial bleeding, and that things will just go back to "normal." Unfortunately, that is not going to happen.

If we, as a society, were to have 100% buy-in to a set of optimal policies dedicated to getting us out of this mess, our chances of success would be less than average. Given the flailing that is now the norm, the chances of our achieving a sustainable economic recovery at this point are about the same as walking away from a no-parachute freefall by simply doing a good PLF on concrete - zero.

Again, it's been fun while it lasted. Enjoy yourself - it's later than you think.

BSBD,

Winsor

On the whole, I consider money spent caring for sick and aged Americans and looking after public health in the USA to be a far better use of taxpayer money than killing brown people, who have done nothing to us, half a world away in a futile search for mythical WMDs.

Ah, but that wasn't in your "list". If you take out defense (which you did not reference) and the interest payments routed through Treasury, the rest of the government does not cost as much as HHS alone.

The war in Iraq was not funded through the annual budget, it was paid via discretionary spending, so again your argument falls flat, and guess what, it's still not as expensive as the health care bill. There's more, those entitlements are not all "public health" either.

Meanwhile, I do not consider Al Qaeda in Iraq, insurgents in Iraq, or AQ in Afghanistan by their race, it's a pity you do.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

mythical WMDs.

Would that be the mythical WMD's that the ISG reported on, the mythical WMD's that the [url "http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4997808/"]insurgents detonated, or the mythical WMD's that the [url "http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25546334/"]US removed and shipped to Canada?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Look, WMDs are real. It just turned out to be safer to demonstrate what we would do to the places that actually have them by attacking Iraq.

Since we made an example of a key element of the Axle of Evel, there has not been a peep from those locales known to be heavily armed. When was the last time you heard the people in North Dakota or New London rattling sabres? I rest my case.

mythical WMDs.

Would that be the mythical WMD's that the ISG reported on, the mythical WMD's that the [url "http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4997808/"]insurgents detonated, or the mythical WMD's that the [url "http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25546334/"]US removed and shipped to Canada?

The ones that even BUSH finally admitted didn't exist.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSN-Kku_rFE

mythical WMDs.

Dot-mil doesn't allow youtube access - got another source?

I'm sure that the troops that were affected by the Sarin shell are glad to know that they were attacked by an imaginary weapon.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

mythical WMDs.

I'm sure that the troops that were affected by the Sarin shell are glad to know that they were attacked by an imaginary weapon.

Too bad. White House press conference, August 21, 2006, I'm sure you can find a source accessible to you.

mythical WMDs.

Too bad. White House press conference, August 21, 2006, I'm sure you can find a source accessible to you.

I have one thing to say then off to Tball...... Kall there may have not been WMD's on the scale discussed but they were there. To dismiss them as totally false is simply wrong. Did we need to go to war over what we found? I'm not so sure anymore. I feel there was serious money wasted in Iraq but I also think some good was done as a result.

mythical WMDs.

I have one thing to say then off to Tball...... Kall there may have not been WMD's on the scale discussed but they were there. To dismiss them as totally false is simply wrong..

Go tell that to G. W. Bush. He says there weren't any. Go tell it to Colin Powell who now admits being embarrassed by his UN speech on the subject. Go tell it to Tony Blair, who admitted there were no WMDs to the Chilcot inquiry into the Iraq war. Tell it to Donald Rumsfeld, who in May 2006 even tried to deny that he's ever claimed there were WMDs in Iraq.

It's funny how the architects of the war could admit to being wrong about the WMDs, but diehard DZ.Com conservatives still cling tenaciously to the myth.

> When was the last time you heard the people in North Dakota or New
> London rattling sabres? I rest my case.

That's true! And while critics disagree, the War on Rabid Pink Elephants has been an unqualified success as well.

Go tell that to G. W. Bush. He says there weren't any. Go tell it to Colin Powell who now admits being embarrassed by his UN speech on the subject. Go tell it to Tony Blair, who admitted there were no WMDs to the Chilcot inquiry into the Iraq war.

Go tell it to Al Gore:
"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."

Go tell it to Hillary Clinton:
"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
-- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Go tell that to G. W. Bush. He says there weren't any. Go tell it to Colin Powell who now admits being embarrassed by his UN speech on the subject. Go tell it to Tony Blair, who admitted there were no WMDs to the Chilcot inquiry into the Iraq war.

Go tell it to Al Gore:
"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."

So along with you they were ALL wrong. They have the guts to admit being wrong, though.

Ah, remember the good old days when conservatives were calling anyone who doubted the threat of the Saddam WMD's a traitor? How times change; now they fall all over themselves to show how stupid it was to believe that Saddam had WMD's.

Look, Al Gore himself believed it! What an idiot. Can you believe what a fool he was?

Ah, remember the good old days when conservatives were calling anyone who doubted the threat of the Saddam WMD's a traitor? How times change; now they fall all over themselves to show how stupid it was to believe that Saddam had WMD's.

Look, Al Gore himself believed it! What an idiot. Can you believe what a fool he was?

Do you know that the POTUS has advisers and thousands of people that are supporting him with intelligence, and intelligence gathering operations?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Go tell it to Al Gore:

I do not know whether these people were being disingenuous or displaying an appalling level of stupidity. Probably both.

First off, us objecting to another country having WMDs is as absurd as a streetwalker criticizing someone for the suspicion of promiscuity. We have and have had larger and more diverse stocks of WMDs than anyone, anywhere, ever.

Sanctuary to al Qaeda? Are you kidding? A secular government in islamic lands is anathema to the devout whackos in that group, and the Baathists were hardly welcoming to any group that might possibly pose a threat to their power base.

Our invasion of Iraq was devoid of casus belli. Even the Third Reich had the good taste to FAKE an attack by the Poles before they invaded; all we did was to say that, since we found them scary they must be terrorists, thus we had to attack them and it was their fault anyway.

This country has done some truly embarrassing things, and the war in Iraq is certainly in the top three. I forget what the other two are.

BSBD,

Winsor

Do you know that the POTUS has advisers and thousands of people that are supporting him with intelligence, and intelligence gathering operations?

Unfortunately a large fraction of them seem to be "yes men", who will tell the POTUS what he wants to hear.