airdvr

Interesting Muslim stuff

Bolas said it would be a selfless act for athiests and a selfish act for thiests.

What I said:

Possibly but it would be a selfless sacrifice whereas a religious matyr may be convinced to do it for strictly selfish reasons.

Meaning it could be a selfish act for theists. Hopefully if someone is willing to die for a cause it's because they believe in it that deeply versus just thinking they will receive some afterlife reward.

my bad...apologies.

...but than would you also agree that it could be a selfish act for an athiest and a selfless act for a theist?

I guess somtimes ojectivitity gets us nowhere.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

but c'mon, he basically created his own unconvincing argument, attributed it to me, called it unconvincing and stuck his tongue out at me...

Not really - he interpreted your post in a way that a lot of people would have genuinely interpreted it.

You can't get annoyed that people don't understand you properly unless you're sure you've been absolutely clear.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

...but than would you also agree that it could be a selfish act for an athiest and a selfless act for a theist?

Vailid point. Suicide is generally considered a selfish act, independent of religion.

The reward for the athiest could just be ending it all. Still not as convincing an argument as someone who believes in some sort of life after death though.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

The reward for the athiest could just be ending it all. Still not as convincing an argument as someone who believes in some sort of life after death though.

??...I think I'm just gonna stick to my "athletic man with low MAO" theory.;)

They had two beautilful daughters and decided to come on down for summer vacation and enroll their oldest daughter into the Master's Seminary. (located at Grace Community Church) They also brought along two foreign exchange students from Italy (not Christain) for evangelical purposes. They left the college after registration and John pulled through a red light onto Sierra Hwy and was struck by a truck at full speed. His two daughters were thrown from the car and killed instantly...lying in the street.

Can you clarify that he ran a red light that resulted in the death of his daughters?

That is how it reads, that tells me he essentially killed his own daughters and blamed god for it and claims it was a good thing.

If not you should rephraise what you said.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

he essentially killed his own daughters and blamed god for it and claims it was a good thing.

Show me where John said anything like "God, you know my foot was planted firmly on the brake and made no mistake...I thank You that by the power of the Holy Spirit you manipulated the laws of physics and applied a blast of atmospheric pressure to the accelerator and the holy angles thrust me into a awesome display of your chaotic glory."

I see this as a man that instead of shaking his fist at God, cursing God and blaming God, he decides to look for the best of a terrible situation and actually thanks Him since it easily could've been an even more devastating event.

I see this as a man that instead of shaking his fist at God, cursing God and blaming God, he decides to look for the best of a terrible situation and actually thanks Him since it easily could've been an even more devastating event.

I suppose the fact that he gets comfort from his faith is a good thing for him; being responsible for the death of your children due to a stupid mistake has been known to drive people crazy. But, "it could have been worse" is really astonishingly poor evidence of God's mercy! I wonder what happened to the occupant (or occupants) of the car he pulled out in front of, were they killed or did they get some "mercy" too?

I guy I knew some years ago was visiting Egypt and while there took a bus trip. He said it was the most terrifying four hours of his life, as the driver was speeding, passing on blind corners, driving after dark without headlights, and other crazy stuff. When he asked the driver to slow down, the response was "it's all in Allah's hands, if he wishes us to be safe we'll be safe, and if not nothing we can do will matter." That's a dark side of religion, the idea that God is in charge so we really aren't responsible when bad things happen, it's all just part of the "divine plan".

Don

"it's all in Allah's hands, if he wishes us to be safe we'll be safe, and if not nothing we can do will matter." That's a dark side of religion...

I could be wrong, but I believe that refers to "Qadaa and Qadar." A sort of Islamic fatalistic determinism.

Show me where John said anything like "God, you know my foot was planted firmly on the brake and made no mistake...I thank You that by the power of the Holy Spirit you manipulated the laws of physics and applied a blast of atmospheric pressure to the accelerator and the holy angles thrust me into a awesome display of your chaotic glory."

he wasn't watching what he was doing and his children died. That is fucking devistating, he should be done for manslaughter!

he had a drivers license i take it, so he has a contract to obey the road rules, he did not and his daughters died.

if he were in front of me i would give a bloody mouthful, and continue to do so until he admitied it was his fault.

Closure is not 'passing the buck' and if he can justify his daughters deaths as the 'will of god', he is a fucking CUNT and deserves a long, slow, painful death.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

...it was his fault....and deserves a long, slow, painful death.

God has similar feelings toward all of us.

I believe John accepted that long before this accident ever happened...will you?

I'm thankful that you're not God and grateful that He showed me what it actually means for the power of love to overcome the love of power...through His son Jesus Christ.

I think the actual expression (although I'm not positive of the spelling) is "Insh'allah", which roughly translated means "if it's god's will". People use it all the time over here (to a really annoying extent).

Doesn't that pretty closely reflect John's feelings?

Say what you mean. Do what you say.

I believe John accepted that long before this accident ever happened...will you?

I'm thankful that you're not God and grateful that He showed me what it actually means for the power of love to overcome the love of power...through His son Jesus Christ.

you and your little imginary friend are only kidding yourselves.

You really must learn to ingest the information that is available to you, this can be said for many, but imaginary friends are a real phycological disorder, you should go and see someone about it!

you and your little imginary friend are only kidding yourselves.

You really must learn to ingest the information that is available to you, this can be said for many, but imaginary friends are a real phycological disorder, you should go and see someone about it!

Yeah..all yall better get to a phycologicalist................... STAT

you need something a little more substancial that that sweetheart!:D

:ph34r:

Bwahahahaha - E-nuff said!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I know you were trying to come up with something substantial but I found it quite hilarious when it comes to your personal posting history ... DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE ..... THE IRONY:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I know you were trying to come up with something substantial but I found it quite hilarious when it comes to your personal posting history ... DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE ..... THE IRONY:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I think you two should hook up

You would make a great couple;)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Maybe they could have a threesome with Lefty.:o
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

See... that right there shows a complete lack of critical thinking skills. :S:S

>this can be said for many, but imaginary friends are a real phycological
>disorder, you should go and see someone about it!

Imaginary friends might be one warning sign. Of course, it could be worse. She could star believing in byzantine conspiracy theories involving massive government coverups and secret invisible explosives,

Imaginary friends might be one warning sign. Of course, it could be worse. She could star believing in byzantine conspiracy theories involving massive government coverups and secret invisible explosives,

1 Corinthians 1:18-21

Christ the Wisdom and Power of God

For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written,

"I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
and the discernment of the discerning I will thwart."

Where is the one who is wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?

Imaginary friends might be one warning sign. Of course, it could be worse. She could star believing in byzantine conspiracy theories involving massive government coverups and secret invisible explosives.

Haha:D or she could start beleiving what she is told to the word and not question any anomalies and ignore common knowledge and resign herself to bigotry and succumb to peer pressure in order to sustain popularity.

Kinda like christians these deniers really eh?

Haha.

Ignorance may be bliss but it is not the truth! It is there for you to see, you just have to be prepared to be wrong.

Before you claim conspiracy nutjob tell us where you have beein voted in the top 50 of the 100 most influential people of the century by time magazine.

Through these and related means, the truth about the collapse of WTC 7 has been effectively hidden, even though it has existed in plain sight all these years. Even the bare fact of the collapse itself has been so effectively hidden that in 2006 over 40 percent of the American public did not know about it, and in 2009 a judge in New York City, upon hearing a reference to Building 7, asked: “Building what?”

Ignornce is bliss though I suppose eh?

1 Corinthians 1:18-21

Christ the Wisdom and Power of God

For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written,

"I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
and the discernment of the discerning I will thwart."

Where is the one who is wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?

So this passage not only confirms that wisdom and logical reasoning must be suspended to believe in God, but God himself wants to destroy wisdom and logical reasoning.

I can definitely agree with the first part. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.