base851

Texas Makes The Best BBQ

Y'all's doin' a might bit of anthropomorphizin' there partner.

States don't make nothin'. Chefs do.

Chefs and animals, New Zealand animals eat fresh pasture, graze in paddocks and drink clean water.

Maybe the north eastern states have nice green grass, I can't imgine texas being that lush.

I cannot speak for Texas but the state of the animals in California 'almost' put me off eating beef when I was there.

You are what you eat, and we eat the best so we are the best!

end of discussion.

:P
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Maybe the north eastern states have nice green grass, I can't imgine texas being that lush.

Spoken by a person who has obviously never been to Texas. Texas is literally twice the area of New Zealand. With everything from mountains to grassy plains, from desert to dense forest.

New Zealand: 103,483 sq mi
Texas: 268,820 sq mi

As for BBQ, I like the Hard 8 in Stephenville as well as the original Rudy's (not the chain). J-Cody's is nice, if for nothing else, the history and ties with Bonfire!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Texas doesn't make BBQ, people make BBQ. Unless you are referring to some BBQ master named Texas.

I hate provincial overtones. It is the kind of BS that is driving this nation to the brink of state sponsored anarchy (but I do love a good oxymoron).

And think of the children. And what about taxes? How about that Supreme Court nominee? Happiness is a warm gun. And where are the WMD's? ObamaCare, decriminalization, fast food fatties, imperialism is still alive, Palin, bin Laden, etc . . . .

Now I can go do something else for the rest of the day.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

States don't make nothin'. Chefs do.

I don't know about that. I'm starting to think that "Texas style" bbq has to actually be made in Texas for it to taste right, so maybe there is some kind of voodoo within the state borders that affects the bbq.

There are all of these places here in SoCal that advertise "Texas style brisket," but the California voodoo causes it to taste like crap. (And causes the chefs to think that sweet baked beans are an appropriate side dish for bbq.)

:P

I don't know about that. I'm starting to think that "Texas style" bbq has to actually be made in Texas for it to taste right, so maybe there is some kind of voodoo within the state borders that affects the bbq.

You are correct sir. It's the same principle that makes Chinese food taste better with chopsticks.

As to why I put it in SC. This place has the best flame wars and I like stirring the pot (pun intended) from time to time. :o:D

And regardless where you are and what you may be thinking......these guys have without a doubt the best BBQ recipes combined with the how to videos..... and all that other shit.

Go there if you dare!
The song is really great also.

Don't do it......no!!!!!

BBQ Pit Boys

Damn, now I gotta go and fire up!

Don't go away mad....just go away!

Spoken by a person who has obviously never been to Texas. Texas is literally twice the area of New Zealand. With everything from mountains to grassy plains, from desert to dense forest.

New Zealand: 103,483 sq mi
Texas: 268,820 sq mi

I have been to Texas but it was dusty and dry, that is why I said,

I can't imagine

Do you farm you cattle in sheds or in patutre? I googled texas beef farming found images of both pasture grazing a shed farming.

which is more common?

I have never seen cattle in a shed in NZ, maybe in a snow storm but not living in there, they are disgusting and the stench that comes from them is aweful and inhumane.

I know Norcal farms like that but thier grapes get the royal treatment then just fall to the ground, the irrigation there is wastefull and prehistoric.

i canpt speak for Texas and land mass has nothing to do with quality.

if you are going to claim the best, you have to be able to satnd beside your comments.

I beleive NZ beef is the best, due to our small population.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

The Kiwi stated "i canpt speak for Texas and land mass has nothing to do with quality.

if you are going to claim the best, you have to be able to satnd beside your comments.

I beleive NZ beef is the best, due to our small population"

Small populace as in "little people" aka them munchkin folks in Lord of the Rings?

All b.s. aside here's what I think and I know that I'm right.

1. I've enjoyed some of the best bbq.
Whether it's in Texas or not is immaterial.

2. You can cook up a damn good slab of ribs/brisket or bird over a simple contraption.

I was really impressed with some Mexicans (illegals here or as the Obamanites refer to them as undocumented workers) that dug a pit and threw a shopping cart on its side into the pit...sans wheels and plastic. Started a fire inside of it...mmmmm meat and cervezas that night along with music by Vincente Fernandez and Selena.

But I digress.

I've had the pleasure of chowing down on some damn good bbq on the west and east coast. Even Ohio and New York! Mexico and Canada.

Haven't made it over to the Kiwis as of yet. But when I do....watch out.

It's all in the attitude of the cook.

Chow down and chow often.
Have pits, will travel.

Or I have a Max Star 160 and will fab a pit.

Don't go away mad....just go away!

I have been to Texas but it was dusty and dry, that is why I said,

Once and one place apparently.

Oh well, get all worked up over nothing and start in on your usual trifle. A lot of heart burn about nothing, that sort of stress can give you an ulcer!

Texas doesn't make BBQ, people make BBQ. Unless you are referring to some BBQ master named Texas.

I hate provincial overtones. It is the kind of BS that is driving this nation to the brink of state sponsored anarchy (but I do love a good oxymoron).

And think of the children. And what about taxes? How about that Supreme Court nominee? Happiness is a warm gun. And where are the WMD's? ObamaCare, decriminalization, fast food fatties, imperialism is still alive, Palin, bin Laden, etc . . . .

Now I can go do something else for the rest of the day.

No. You forgot the UK election and QEII.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Once and one place apparently.

Oh well, get all worked up over nothing and start in on your usual trifle. A lot of heart burn about nothing, that sort of stress can give you an ulcer!

You seppos are the ones all wound up, you claim the best whan you have no clue of wht else is out there. Maybe in the USA but I would say the north eastern states would have much better quality beef due specifically to their geographical location.

Maybe if you got some of that beef and cooked it in texas then you might be onto something.

I know you food is shit, I have eaten it, didn't look like you guys care too much what you eat at all. that is why american companies sell better quality food in australasia han they do in ther own country, because we damand it.

Small populace as in "little people" aka them munchkin folks in Lord of the Rings?

ha ha,

We have no reason to farm our animals in factories as we have enough space to farm in the traditional, natural manner due to only having 4 million peple and more than enough rainfall. heck the town I'm moving to had a metre od rain last week!

The south island has only 1 million people.

We may be called sheep fuckers because we had 10head of sheep for every person back in the 80's and earlier. You will find that dairy farming is our forte now, you could get with the times and call us 'cow fisters' but you'll take a few decades to realise what is gong on around you like everything else I suppose!

:D

Damned seppos!

I guess I'm lucky. OK doesn't have a distinctive style, but we get that crossroads effect. Within an hour's drive I can get national award winning Memphis, Caroline, KC, TX and Bama style BBQ.

Got to point out though that "Serious Texas BBQ" in Durango, CO has some of the best and most unique BBQ sauces in the country.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

MMMMMMmmmm. BBQ.

I gotta say, pulled pork is probably my favorite bbq. Texas is ruled out by default for me.... Although I do like brisket and sausage.

I love firing up my smoker at 2am and sending billowing clouds over the fence... my neighbors have to be tripping out hahaha

I know you food is shit, I have eaten it, didn't look like you guys care too much what you eat at all. that is why american companies sell better quality food in australasia han they do in ther own country, because we damand it.

Ok, I've read this three or four times and I have no idea what you were trying to say. Try typing it out again, slower and less angry this time, so I can read it and I'll be happy to reply in kind.

Everything else from the lesser 49 is a cheap imitation.

Discuss...

True....if you're talking briskit. Now if you're talking pork, Tennessee is hard to beat.

Pork isn't BBQ, it's something else.:D Beef is the only real BBQ.;)

Try saying that in Memphis!:P

We live about three hours north of Memphis in Western Kentucky so the area is rabidly pro pork. When we moved here from Dallas five years ago I jokingly mentioned the beef is better than pork thing and the looks I got from those around me was pretty much like I'd just shot their bird dogs and molested their sub teen wives.:D:D:o

For my taste, pork is just OK, I still find it somewhat inferior to a good slice of beef brisket.
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

:
In Reply To

Ok, I've read this three or four times and I have no idea what you were trying to say. Try typing it out again, slower and less angry this time, so I can read it and I'll be happy to reply in kind.

You guys eat processed crap,simple.

You are served it because it is cheaper to produce, you eat it everyone is happy.

Mcdonalds for instance had a problem a few years ago, they were going out of business for the first time due to our demand for higher quality food.

local takeaway chains were taking over serving fresh food, healthier low fat food so what did mcdonalds do?

They joined in with healthy salads, healthier menus and more variety of selections. The had no choice, change or go out of business. If they wanted to do it they would do it in America also, you guys would probaly turn your nose up at a healthy selection anyway. Donuts for breakfast? Yuk!

When I was in america it felt like stepping back in time 10 years.

I wondered what 'that smell' was every now and then when we were driving to the wind tunnel, it was 'Dairy farms', my ass they are farms hey are factories.

Come to New Zealand and try some 'real' fresh food, have something to comapre yours to and then come and talk to me.

It is possible to eat healthy in the USA if you cook yourself but eating out is like a death sentence!

Not to mention I have a hard time giving credibility to the culinary criticisms of someone who admits to eating shit. I mean, if it smells like poop, for crying out loud, don't eat it!
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

I'll somewhat agree with Rhys as far as the deplorable conditions that most slaughter animals are subjected to here and I suppose other countries around the world. Personally, our processed meat consumption is drastically down from what it was five years ago and a lot of what we eat is grown or taken right here on the farm.
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.