brenthutch

30 year time out for global warming says IPCC

Mother Nature always has and always will continue to be more powerful than humans. What is the matter? Do you not believe in evolution? Has your new "Climate Change" religious beliefs trumped all logic that Mother Nature will not adapt to an ever changing planet just like she has been doing for billions and billions of years?

BTW we have had a great Spring out west, but I remember having to deal with arctic -30 degree temperatures earlier in the season (with Edmonton setting a record some where around -46).

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

You really love to fly off the handle don't you...

People are quick to point out the snow in the northeast and the temperatures in Europe. I'm pointing out that it was 4 degress warmer on average across the entire country this year and the least amount of precepitation in recorded history.

Nothing more...nothing less.

I think you could use one of these

Good ... I welcome 4C degrees warmer. I am tired of freezing my ass off in winter and I have it easy compare to those in colder parts of the prairies than I am.

Mother Nature always has and always will be more powerful than humans.

Humans can not control the weather. :P

If you want to talk about preventing cancer causing toxins from entering our water and our air, then yes I am all ears. But if you think you can control the weather ... well what can I say you live next door to all the entitled head cases in Ottawa, so it's no wonder you think this way.

I am out of here ... I have more important things to do than to debate with people who think they can control Mother Nature on the Dorkzone.

Adios amigo ...

And meanwhile, in Canada, we've had the warmest, least recorded snowfall winter in history...

Which is contrary to AGW. With AGW one would expect more warmth and snow in the coldest regions. Why? Because the warmer the air the more moisture it holds.

Of course, such a statement as above reflects climate and not weather. The North Atlantic Oscillation's record lows would also be considered staistical outliers - weather.

But why let science stand in the way of evidence of AGW?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

well what can I say you live next door to all the entitled head cases in Ottawa, so it's no wonder you think this way.

I am out of here ... I have more important things to do than to debate with people who think they can control Mother Nature on the Dorkzone.

Adios amigo ...

I guess that is what passes as rational discussion in this forum....sad really....

Humans can not control the weather. :P

If you want to talk about preventing cancer causing toxins from entering our water and our air, then yes I am all ears. But if you think you can control the weather ... well what can I say you live next door to all the entitled head cases in Ottawa, so it's no wonder you think this way.

Adios amigo ...

What does TERRA-FORMING mean to you.

We are learning very well what the effects are so we can use it later on other planets... if we manage to survive this experiment:S:S

Which is contrary to AGW. With AGW one would expect more warmth and snow in the coldest regions. Why? Because the warmer the air the more moisture it holds.

Expect overall, but not demand in each case.

I mean seriously, what are you trying to say? That it wasn't actually warm? That there was atually high precipitation?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

And meanwhile, in Canada, we've had the warmest, least recorded snowfall winter in history...

And meanwhile, N. Texas just experienced a winter with the most snowfall it's had in recorded history.

Meanwhile, WORLDWIDE.

and

more.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

What does TERRA-FORMING mean to you.

We are learning very well what the effects are so we can use it later on other planets... if we manage to survive this experiment

Oh, great! One planet isn't enough. Next thing you know, we'll see plastic grocery bags, blowing across the surface of Mars. I so loved the pristine view.

Dr. John:

The February tempera(ure anomaly map you linked is fascinating wrt AGW. Under greenhouse theory, the largest amount of warming is expected to be in places like Siberia in the winter (which February qualifies).

The Siberian winter is a damned near perfect test subject. Since the winter temperature is around -40 there isn't much water vapor in the air (as we all know, water vapor is the #1 greenhouse gas).

The colder and drier the air, the more it warms with CO2. While the image is nothing more than weather, it is interesting to me that the great negative anomaly in Siberia is not only contrary to the 50-year data (put out by the CRU) but also contrary to greenhouse theory.

Yes, it's a bunch of noise. Just an observation I find really interesting...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

It's called El Nino. Normal outcome for you. Surely in all your life you've heard of this pattern before? When the pattern swings the other way (La Nina), you'll likely have a very wet winter.

It's called El Nino. Normal outcome for you. Surely in all your life you've heard of this pattern before? When the pattern swings the other way (La Nina), you'll likely have a very wet winter.

Ssshhh - you'll upset the folks who claim GW stopped in 1998.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Ssshhh - you'll upset the folks who claim GW stopped in 1998.

This particular misstatement was made by the other side. But yes, it's just as silly when anyone points to a single year data point, driven by a weather pattern known about for centuries, as evidence for their position.

> And which position is that?

Either position on the subject of global warming/client change. You threw it out to counter the original posting that there was a timeout. A couple years ago, when La Nina meant heavy snowfall for the Canadian winter, no doubt someone on the 'denier' side cited it as proof things aren't changing.

Both are examples of either lying or ignorance. Which one for you?

> And which position is that?

Either position on the subject of global warming/client change. You threw it out to counter the original posting that there was a timeout. A couple years ago, when La Nina meant heavy snowfall for the Canadian winter, no doubt someone on the 'denier' side cited it as proof things aren't changing.

Both are examples of either lying or ignorance. Which one for you?

The original post was showing the ignorance of one side...I was countering it with the same level of simplistic information. You're awfuly self-righteous, aren't you?

The original post was showing the ignorance of one side...I was countering it with the same level of simplistic information. You're awfuly self-righteous, aren't you?

No more than yourself. And I still am interested in you answering the question. (sorry, not buying this Lucky styled backpedal)

No more than yourself. And I still am interested in you answering the question. (sorry, not buying this Lucky styled backpedal)

Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about. I've never - ever backpedalled on this or any forum.

Here's the 'side' I'm on...

The one that doesn't formulate opinions - or for that matter - back up their opinions with 1 minute YouTube videos.

I prefer facts and rational discussion rather than knee-jerk reactions to something so incredibly one-sided. I would hold either side in the same harsh light if that is the way they believe people will be educated on the global warming controversy.