Andy9o8

Saudi Prince Becomes FoxNews 4th-Largest Shareholder

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do%3Dpost_write%3Bforum%3D35=Post+New

The notorious Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, nephew to the Saudi king, met with [Fox News owner] Rupert Murdoch in Hong Kong on Jan. 14. The prince issued a press release after the meeting stating that the prince’s Kingdom Holding Company had discussions that "touched upon future potential alliances with News Corp."

By the time I [the author] appeared on Fox News, Prince Alwaleed was about to become News Corp’s fourth largest voting shareholder (behind the Murdoch family, Liberty Media, and Fidelity Management & Research Co, a mutual fund). The prince has repeatedly defended his homeland as a problem-free place. What he has failed to mention is that he has personally donated huge amounts of money to the families of Palestinian suicide bombers. ....

The prince becoming a player at News Corps is perfect fodder for the normally fearless I-Man. One Imus regular, an explosive ex-New York cop turned security expert and friend of the famous Bo Dietl, used to unload loud and unending tirades against the Saudis. But curiously, in recent appearances, Bo has been uncharacteristically restrained and has not said a word about the Saudis since Murdoch kissed the money frog that is the Saudi prince.

I [the author] never figured Imus was someone who would pass up a really easy and cheap joke. But that is just what he has done over the last few weeks. After the Fox Business News’s other top marquee name, Neil Cavuto, did an unbelievably fawning interview with the prince shortly after he increased his shares in News Corp, the Imus show continued the charade. ...

Remarkably, I [the author] find myself agreeing with Frank Gaffney, a former Reagan appointee who is not happy about Murdoch’s new dealings with the prince. He recently wrote:

Even more troubling than having a Saudi spinmeister, even a lousy one, at the decision-making table of America’s most successful, and conservative, television network is another aspect of Al-Waleed’s deal with Mr. Murdoch. The Australian entrepreneur has reportedly also given the prince the unfiltered ability to broadcast Saudi-produced materials directly into America on Murdoch’s satellite. ....

Then the question occurs: Can we rely on Rupert Murdoch to keep the Saudi prince from abusing his new platforms? Perhaps not. ....

Could it be that the Saudis’ troubling move on Fox and its sister companies is getting so little attention from the competition because they hope such a step will make them look at Fox News as less ‘fair and balanced’? You decide.”

But never you mind about companies having the same rights as actual people and the ability to spend unlimited amounts to influence US elections. Nothing evil going on here to be sure.

Dont forget the unions
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

But never you mind about companies having the same rights as actual people and the ability to spend unlimited amounts to influence US elections. Nothing evil going on here to be sure.

Dont forget the unions

Yeah Rush, I won't forget the Unions because we all know how much they want us to go to war and fight battles for a little fuck wad "kingdom". They really want us to be their proxy warriors. I forgot, that's what Unions do. You're right. How silly of me.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Dont forget the unions

Yeah Rush, I won't forget the Unions because we all know how much they want us to go to war and fight battles for a little fuck wad "kingdom". They really want us to be their proxy warriors. I forgot, that's what Unions do. You're right. How silly of me.

Silly? if you think so. Purposeful is more like it
Abraham Lincoln

Dont forget the unions

Got anything BESIDES hyperbole? Maybe you can show us where the use of force declaration says "cuz Daddy Warbucks Fahd told us to"?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Got anything BESIDES hyperbole? Maybe you can show us where the use of force declaration says "cuz Daddy Warbucks Fahd told us to"?

Do you remember the events surrounding the First Gulf War? Just curious. The US has been lead by the nose by this "kingdom" for decades. If you think for one second this "Prince" doesn't have the intent of influencing public opinion and elections, you're only fooling yourself.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Do you remember the events surrounding the First Gulf War? Just curious. The US has been lead by the nose by this "kingdom" for decades. If you think for one second this "Prince" doesn't have the intent of influencing public opinion and elections, you're only fooling yourself.

No, we've been led by the gas pump.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Dont forget the unions

I'm more worried about the Confederates.

Go figure
and you bitch about adult conversations or lack of them should I say
Abraham Lincoln

Its ok Paul.... The RW loves kissing Saudi ASS.. they have been doing it for a hell of a long time.

I'll compare that new source to others, much like I usually do. A Saudi slant will show up if there's one to be seen. And deniers will refuse to see it if it is there and detractors will see it even if it doesn't exist, much like usually happens.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

Dont forget the unions

Go figure

Sorry for using a metaphor which you didn't get. By "Confederates", dear Marc, I was referring to red-state conservatives who are influenced by Fox which, in turn, is influenced by the Saudis. And don't call me a bitch.

A Saudi slant will show up if there's one to be seen.

The problem is: sometimes the absence of a presence is hard to see. By that I mean that reporting the Saudis in a favorable light is one thing. But a mere omission to mention something negative about the Saudis (or other Arab countries' uber-rich oil barons) is much less readily apparent.

Dont forget the unions

Go figure

Sorry for using a metaphor which you didn't get. By "Confederates", dear Marc, I was referring to red-state conservatives who are influenced by Fox which, in turn, is influenced by the Saudis. And don't call me a bitch.

:D

I didnt call you a bitch and i got your metaphor.

As far a fox's influnece? what a joke

Fox is not creating those that go to it. It is big because people like they way they are more balanced

As for the Saudi effect? That remains to be seen. I dont really like it myself but I am not willing this early in the game to throw myself off a bridge over it like some seem ready to do
Abraham Lincoln

Dont forget the unions

Which union pays bounties to the families of suicide bombers who kill American and allied soldiers?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Dont forget the unions

Which union pays bounties to the families of suicide bombers who kill American and allied soldiers?

OOOOoooooooooooooooK

(a little more of your native speak here)
Abraham Lincoln

Dont forget the unions

OOOOoooooooooooooooK

Why do you keep impersonating a fool?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Dont forget the unions

OOOOoooooooooooooooK

Why do you keep impersonating a fool?

Oh Im sorry, Did I mispronounce it or spell it wrong?
Abraham Lincoln

I worry about this far less that I worry about the $193 billion in US treasury debts held by OPEC nations. Add about $1.7 trillion between Japan and China and another $400 billion between the UK and caribbean banks and and I am a bit less concerned about the news than I am about the government that the news reports about.

Personally, I don't have a problem with a foreigner getting the 4th highest voter stake in a company owned by a foreigner.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I worry about this far less that I worry about the $193 billion in US treasury debts held by OPEC nations. Add about $1.7 trillion between Japan and China and another $400 billion between the UK and caribbean banks and and I am a bit less concerned about the news than I am about the government that the news reports about.

Personally, I don't have a problem with a foreigner getting the 4th highest voter stake in a company owned by a foreigner.

You are forgetting completely about the percentage of the American populace who actually think that crap is "fair and Balanced"... now with a salafi slant.. just great.

They have been making happy bedfellows for quite a while now... although the Saud's see most of our fringe right as liberal non believing dogs....hmmmm that has a very familiar ring to it.