dreamdancer

White Racial Resentment Bubbles Under the Surface of the Tea Party Movement

I think that where racism is perceived, people will continue to use the legal system to expose and correct it.

Affirmative action exposed white-first institutionalized racism. Now, AA extends the life of institutionalized racism, but in the other direction.

How about instead of making vague comments about the police stealing something back, or asking open-ended question, you tell us all why you think AA is still needed?

btw, if you're going to berate canuck for not answering your question, how about mine?
--
Rob

I think that where racism is perceived, people will continue to use the legal system to expose and correct it.

Affirmative action exposed white-first institutionalized racism. Now, AA extends the life of institutionalized racism, but in the other direction.

How about instead of making vague comments about the police stealing something back, or asking open-ended question, you tell us all why you think AA is still needed?

btw, if you're going to berate canuck for not answering your question, how about mine?

because the power of white racism still far outnumbers the power of black racism. the tea party is an obvious example of this.
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

I think I sound like a broken record. How many friggin times must I repeat myself.

The most qualified person should be given the job regardless of their race. :P

but, back in the sixties - you know the riots and all - was affirmative action necessary then?

(third time of asking)

Still waiting for an answer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what i am saying is that the tea party are obviously very resentful of affirmative action (ie it's a racial thing). now, there was a need for affirmative action back in the sixties - do you agree that it was needed? if you do then we can debate the future

Obvious, how?

By the way. This is 2010

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

the tea party is an obvious example of this.

then hockey is racist too by that logic

because a group is composed mostly of one race, does not make it racist. it's actions or beliefs determine that.

you are engaging in wholesale prejudice whether you recognize it or not.

let me summarize: "it's a group of mostly white people forming a political movement. They're racist."

is that about right? Or di you have anything else that helped you form that opinion?
--
Rob

the tea party is an obvious example of this.

then hockey is racist too by that logic

because a group is composed mostly of one race, does not make it racist. it's actions or beliefs determine that.

you are engaging in wholesale prejudice whether you recognize it or not.

let me summarize: "it's a group of mostly white people forming a political movement. They're racist."

is that about right? Or di you have anything else that helped you form that opinion?

QUACK

QUACK

QUACK

but, back in the sixties - you know the riots and all - was affirmative action necessary then?

(third time of asking)

Not if all of those big hearted liberals had simply filled their businesses with minorities, to prove how unbigotted they were.

(third time of asking)

Not if all of those big hearted liberals had simply filled their businesses with minorities, to prove how unbigotted they were.

That would require some action on their part. That's not how liberals work. They want everyone else to do it/pay for it/believe in it while they do whatever they want.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

(third time of asking)

so you don't think affirmative action was ever necessary?

wonder what his profile of blacks would be?

Stay out there in left field dude. You do not know what the fuck you are talking about with your accusations of racism.

you've profiled the chinese - how about blacks

(what good words have you got to say)

well, tea party members aren't just going to come out and say - i'm racist (even they know that's a politically negative thing to say)

well, tea party members aren't just going to come out and say - i'm racist (even they know that's a politically negative thing to say)

actions and beliefs. not words. words can deceive too.

what actions have they done, or beliefs that they hold make you believe they are racist?

or is is simply the majority of their membership being one color that has helped you form your opinion?
--
Rob

what actions have they done, or beliefs that they hold make you believe they are racist?

or is is simply the majority of their membership being one color that has helped you form your opinion?

from this thread you are the only tea party advocate that admits the historical need for affirmative action. the others can't even get that far. it's like arguing with people who say they are not anti semitic - but at the same time say they don't believe in the holocaust.

from this thread you are the only tea party advocate that admits the historical need for affirmative action. the others can't even get that far. it's like arguing with people who say they are not anti semitic - but at the same time say they don't believe in the holocaust.

so you haven't stated any reason for believing that they are racist other than your prejudice. I will just have to take that as the only reason until you inform me of your other reasons.
--
Rob

it's like arguing with people who say they are not anti semitic - but at the same time say they don't believe in the holocaust.

You've frequently posted attacks on Israel and in particular its nuclear program. Do you deny the Holocaust, or are you just anti semitic?

it's like arguing with people who say they are not anti semitic - but at the same time say they don't believe in the holocaust.

You've frequently posted attacks on Israel and in particular its nuclear program. Do you deny the Holocaust, or are you just anti semitic?

do you think affirmative action was a historical necessity?

There is no "African" race. :ph34r:

Sure there is; it's just that the Kenyans always win.

Ethiopians have won their fair share of races.

BTW you rarely ever see Libyans win, why is that?

What do you call an Ethiopian with two dogs?

Answer: "A Rancher".

OK, OK that was poor form...just a joke...Have some Tea.