Ron

political quiz

Found this pretty close

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/bldemocraticquiz.htm

Your score is 3 on a scale of 1 to 10. You are a solid Republican. You are not as fiercely ideological or uncompromising as others in the party, but nonetheless remain a reliable supporter. If you could have your way, you'd like to see Republican leaders take a slightly more pragmatic approach on certain issues - and dial down some of their nakedly partisan and bitterly divisive rhetoric.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Meh, 5 of 10 here:)
"Your score is 5 on a scale of 1 to 10. You are a moderate. You agree with Democrats on some issues and Republicans on others, while rejecting the blind, naked partisanship of both sides. You base your vote on issues rather than ideology and principle rather than party, which makes you the quintessential swing voter the media loves to fawn over."

"Your score is 5 on a scale of 1 to 10. You are a moderate. You agree with Democrats on some issues and Republicans on others, while rejecting the blind, naked partisanship of both sides. You base your vote on issues rather than ideology and principle rather than party, which makes you the quintessential swing voter the media loves to fawn over."

Me too.

Some of the questions were so obvious (send Michael Moore to Guantanamo:D:D), but I guess some idiots really believe that.

The odd part is that I really haven't voted for a candidate in a long time.
I haven't seen a candidate that I actually wanted in office in a long time.

My vote is usually a "lesser evil" choice against the other guy.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

5 - humorous answers, but not really very good at any resolution other than mocking the extreme elements

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Your score is 10 on a scale of 1 to 10. You are a pure, unabashed, die-hard Democratic loyalist. You are appalled by the way Republicans are turning America into a theocratic, corpo-fascist police state, and you'd gladly walk through a furnace in a gasoline suit to elect a Democratic president. In your view, there is no higher form of patriotism than defending America against the Republican Party and every intolerant, puritanical, imperialistic, greed-mongering, Constitution-shredding ideal for which it stands.

Figures. Europe and the US have rather different scales for Conservatism, Liberalism and Communism. I'll admit to a slight allergy to mixing religion and politics.
Johan.
I am. I think.

I'll admit to a slight allergy to mixing religion and politics.

that's a real stereotype - the fringe of the right are religious about their deity; the fringe of the left are religious about different causes (enviromental fanaticism is just one topic). But the real fanatics are a pretty tiny percentage of either extreme.

this poll was all about mocking the fringes (which are tiny) - so the mockery will drive a handful to scores of 1 or 10...... they caught you

so if your prejudice is classical religion, then you are likely voting against what you dislike rather than for what you believe in. And instead of reading the responses, you likely knee jerked to answer the 'buzz' answers in reflex

it's a humor poll - you just got joked by it

let's see who gets a 10 and whether the logic is consistent

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I got a 2. Some questions dont give you good choices.....

Were a nice start, but I won't be satisfied until we have a 15% flat tax and government is shrunk to a size where it can be drowned in the bathtub

Thats great!
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Me too.

Some of the questions were so obvious (send Michael Moore to Guantanamo:D:D), but I guess some idiots really believe that.

The odd part is that I really haven't voted for a candidate in a long time.
I haven't seen a candidate that I actually wanted in office in a long time.

My vote is usually a "lesser evil" choice against the other guy.

Oh, SHIT!! My score was 10. I've thought of myself as Independent. Socially liberal and fiscally conservatine. I either need to re-evaluate or dismiss the test as just a humourous exercise.

I don't think we've had the choise of "the lesser of two evils" for a long time. As far back as I can remember, it's been "the lesser of two evils."
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

Oh, SHIT!! My score was 10. I've thought of myself as Independent. Socially liberal and fiscally conservatine. I either need to re-evaluate or dismiss the test as just a humourous exercise.

I don't think we've had the choise of "the lesser of two evils" for a long time. As far back as I can remember, it's been "the lesser of two evils."

Well, there was a time when I was young and idealistic (and naive and stupid) and actually believed in a candidate and what he said he stood for.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I've thought of myself as Independent. Socially liberal and fiscally conservatine. I either need to re-evaluate or dismiss the test as just a humourous exercise.

Well I am socially liberal and fiscally conservative also. Real tests put me as libertarian with a slight right lean.

This was the part I agreed with:

If you could have your way, you'd like to see Republican leaders take a slightly more pragmatic approach on certain issues - and dial down some of their nakedly partisan and bitterly divisive rhetoric.

I'd like to see both parties do that.

And it is also true I have not voted for a Democrat.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Well, there was a time when I was young and idealistic (and naive and stupid) and actually believed in a candidate and what he said he stood for.

I remember when I was strong enough to be passionate about my ideals. I thought things could be better than they were. I was taught that our political system could make life better for everyone. Politics has not made life any better for anyone except the polititians and the big money people who buy them. Technology has changed our lives. But politics have not changed a goddamn thing 220 years. The Bill of Rights was probably the last good thing that came out of a ploitical decision. Wait. The 13th, 14th, & 15th Ammendments. A 145 years ago? The polititians have been trying to bastardize those ever since. Will Rogers said a lot of very true things in a very humorous way. He should have use more of a Billy Sunday manner and shouted the accuzations from a pulpit or a mountain top. But the polititians won't be srtuck down by lightning from above. They will just keep on shacking hand, kissing babies, and lining their pockets. And nothing changes.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

I love it:

Your score is 1 on a scale of 1 to 10. You are a passionate and unyielding Republican. You remain fiercely dedicated to fighting the twin evils of terrorism and liberalism, and you'd walk across a field of land mines if it meant casting a deciding vote for a Republican president. In your view, there is no higher form of patriotism than defending America against the Democratic Party and every elitist, French-loving, religion-mocking, America-hating, terrorist-appeasing ideal for which it stands.
There are battered women? I've been eating 'em plain all of these years...

Your score is 10 on a scale of 1 to 10. You are a pure, unabashed, die-hard Democratic loyalist. You are appalled by the way Republicans are turning America into a theocratic, corpo-fascist police state, and you'd gladly walk through a furnace in a gasoline suit to elect a Democratic president. In your view, there is no higher form of patriotism than defending America against the Republican Party and every intolerant, puritanical, imperialistic, greed-mongering, Constitution-shredding ideal for which it stands.

Yep, pretty much it, Repugninazis going pure corporate in leiu of politicians.

I got a 2. Some questions dont give you good choices.....

Were a nice start, but I won't be satisfied until we have a 15% flat tax and government is shrunk to a size where it can be drowned in the bathtub

Thats great!

Do i win a prize or something? ;)

Your score is 1 on a scale of 1 to 10. You are a passionate and unyielding Republican. You remain fiercely dedicated to fighting the twin evils of terrorism and liberalism, and you'd walk across a field of land mines if it meant casting a deciding vote for a Republican president. In your view, there is no higher form of patriotism than defending America against the Democratic Party and every elitist, French-loving, religion-mocking, America-hating, terrorist-appeasing ideal for which it stands.

ExPeCt ThE uNeXpEcTeD!
DoNt MiNd ThE tYpOs, Im LaZy On CoRrEcTiOnS!

Your score is 5 on a scale of 1 to 10. You are a moderate. You agree with Democrats on some issues and Republicans on others, while rejecting the blind, naked partisanship of both sides. You base your vote on issues rather than ideology and principle rather than party, which makes you the quintessential swing voter the media loves to fawn over.

;):)
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.