jclalor

Comparing the poor to stray animals...

>wrong again Bill, I did the chores at my house . . .

If you think that household chores paid for your education, then you're off by several orders of magnitude.

> maybe I didn't hand the school cash but I did contribute to pay for
> my education.

That's great! It made you feel good about yourself while other people paid for your education, which gave you the background to be a more productive citizen.

you are missing the point, it is not that you paid 100% but that you contributed to it. maybe the actual cost you contribute when young is very small, but you did contribute, and as you get older your contribution gets larger until you are taking care of yourself and then are helping someone else to do the same. I see to many kids nowdays that haven't learned anything about taking care of their responsibilities until they are out of college. their contribution to their own welfare was zero until that point now they are overwelmed buy having to do it all at once. they have no work ethic, ability, or desire to work for their own prosperity.
We have less and less people to pay for more and more people because of attitudes like yours. Not saying your attitude is not nobel, but it does breed lazyness and entitlement attitudes from the children and harms them and us in the future.

Exactly. Even if a portion of the current generations are lost causes to this concept it doesn't mean the current generations children have to be.

They're gonna need all the work ethic and self sufficiency they can get to pay for all the debt we've accumulated... :S

Hey Both of you get back to work.... I get to start collecting my Social Security in a few years.... its my entitlement and I fucking earned it.

GET TO WORK..

Working right now and have been since 6 AM. :S

You have every right to your Social Security as you earned it. Sure you were forced to save it, couldn't choose the way you invested it, or even use it as financing collateral, but it's still yours. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

>Christian values have nothing to do with it.

Agreed. He's just an asshole.

Seems like more assholes than not like to wrap themselves in the mantle of Christ.

>Christian values have nothing to do with it.
Agreed. He's just an asshole.

Seems like more assholes than not like to wrap themselves in the mantle of Christ.

It's an illusion. The percentage of assholes in any given group is fairly constant across the board, however, in the US since Christians make up a higher percentage of the population than others, it appears as if there are more Christian assholes. Well, in fact, there are, but only in sheer numbers, not per capita.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

This is one of the problems with liberals is that they teach people how to collect a free dinner but not how to work for their dinner, this in turn teaches how to get a free ride through life.

Wait, wait, wait . . . doesn't the Lord's prayer specifically say "GIVE US this day our daily bread"?

Wasn't it Jesus that fed the 5,000?

So, you're saying that the State should adopt Christian principles? :P
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

This is one of the problems with liberals is that they teach people how to collect a free dinner but not how to work for their dinner, this in turn teaches how to get a free ride through life.

Wait, wait, wait . . . doesn't the Lord's prayer specifically say "GIVE US this day our daily bread"?

So, you're saying that the State should adopt Christian principles?

I obviously can't speak for quade, but I'd say that there are some Christian principles which also happen to be principles that are beneficial for running a state.

So, you're saying that the State should adopt Christian principles?

I obviously can't speak for quade, but I'd say that there are some Christian principles which also happen to be principles that are beneficial for running a state.

Certainly - I was poking fun at him, that's all. Lemme go put a smiley or two in there.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>Seems like more assholes than not like to wrap themselves in the mantle
>of Christ.

Sure, or the mantle of "conservative values" or the mantle of "a servant of the people" or whatever. But that's the fault of the person doing it, not the fault of the disguise they decide to wear.

I think we should feed the homeless people pigeons.

:|

I've heard of Batman, but people pigeons? And why are they homeless? Whatever; we should feed them all.

If you thought pigeons bred a alot, they got nuthin' on these... :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.