jclalor

BRIT HUME...... WHAT A DICK

Didnt see it did you

There is a little more to it (not much and his meaning comes out well in the vid)

:D:D

Intersting take on it from the oh so credible huffington post:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Didnt see it did you

There is a little more to it (not much and his meaning comes out well in the vid)

Yet you believe Mary a guy who admits writing flattering reviews of his own work under a pseudonym.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I don't think he's a dick at all. Ted Haggard, for example, could have some excellent advice for Tiger in terms of who to turn to in his time of need. Buddhism doesn't offer those kinds of bonuses.

Somehow I just don't think Tiger rolls that way:ph34r:

Didnt see it did you

Yet you believe Mary a guy who admits writing flattering reviews of his own work under a pseudonym.

Is this post aimed at me? Or you??????:|
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Yes, expressing an opinion certainly makes him that.

No, Hume's arrogance of presuming that his particular religion, into which he became a member mainly by accident of birth, is the superior path to other religions, is what makes him a dick. It's a common human fault, which transcends religions and culture, but Hume is certainly guilty of it.

No, Hume's arrogance of presuming that his particular religion, into which he became a member mainly by accident of birth, is the superior path to other religions, is what makes him a dick. It's a common human fault, which transcends religions and culture, but Hume is certainly guilty of it.

What, are you kidding? I watched that on Sunday and I immediately saw the light! Brit Hume clued us all in on how to get the greatest get out of Hell free card there is (providing that there is a Hell)! All my worries are over with. Look at some of the examples that are now Heaven bound (providing that there is a Heaven) or there already. Ted Haggard-a flaming, meth smoking homosexual, who cheated and lied had once again saw the light. He's on his way. David Berkowitz-Son of Sam, serial killer. Spending life in a New York State Prison he will eventually spend eternal life in Heaven! PRAISE! Karla Fay Tucker-first woman executed in Texas since the Civil War. She became a Christian while on death row and now she is enjoying eternal life along side Jesus in Heaven! Susan Atkins-Manson Family member and killer. Yup she too is basking in the light of Glory! Mark David Chapman-murdered John Lennon. Where is he now? Well, my friend, he is now enjoying 20 years to life in Attica with chance of parole. He wants to spread the good words on he is released! Can I get a GLORY! Some day he will enjoy sing-a-longs in Heaven with all the other good Christians! However, John Lennon went straight to Hell. He was not a Christian. Let his fate be your lesson! Let us not forget to remember all of the good priest who oh so loved all the little children! They too will go to Heaven for they are all Christians!
See, if God can forgive the most vile of the vile then poor little Tiger can also be saved!
Hell, if you really want to get in good with Heaven, become a Catholic. Confessional will assure you the best seat in the house. Works for Mafioso's, should work for you too! Good Luck with that!
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Guilty as well, but, my guilt is by choice not birth. You cannot be born a Christian.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Guilty as well, but, my guilt is by choice not birth. You cannot be born a Christian.

That may be your opinion, but dogma of some Christian denominations seems to differ.

I have a certificate from a few weeks after I was born stating very clearly that I was a baptized member of a Christian church. I do not believe I was consulted about this.

I don't think he's a dick at all. Ted Haggard, for example, could have some excellent advice for Tiger in terms of who to turn to in his time of need. Buddhism doesn't offer those kinds of bonuses.

Not only is Brit Hume wrong about Buddhism, but the practice of metta, loving kindness, is essential in Buddhism. Metta is extended to all beings, including those such as Brit Hume who have slandered Buddhism.

I have a certificate from a few weeks after I was born stating very clearly that I was a baptized member of a Christian church. I do not believe I was consulted about this.

But....you're not a Christian, are you?
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

But....you're not a Christian, are you?

Not any more.

the practice of metta, loving kindness, is essential in Buddhism.

Would this love and kindness also include your wife...or just the mistresses?

You must be referring to Tiger's mistresses, 'cos right now I don't have any.

What, are you kidding? I watched that on Sunday and I immediately saw the light! Brit Hume clued us all in on how to get the greatest get out of Hell free card there is (providing that there is a Hell)! All my worries are over with. Look at some of the examples that are now Heaven bound (providing that there is a Heaven) or there already. Ted Haggard-a flaming, meth smoking homosexual, who cheated and lied had once again saw the light. He's on his way. David Berkowitz-Son of Sam, serial killer. Spending life in a New York State Prison he will eventually spend eternal life in Heaven! PRAISE! Karla Fay Tucker-first woman executed in Texas since the Civil War. She became a Christian while on death row and now she is enjoying eternal life along side Jesus in Heaven! Susan Atkins-Manson Family member and killer. Yup she too is basking in the light of Glory! Mark David Chapman-murdered John Lennon. Where is he now? Well, my friend, he is now enjoying 20 years to life in Attica with chance of parole. He wants to spread the good words on he is released! Can I get a GLORY! Some day he will enjoy sing-a-longs in Heaven with all the other good Christians! However, John Lennon went straight to Hell. He was not a Christian. Let his fate be your lesson! Let us not forget to remember all of the good priest who oh so loved all the little children! They too will go to Heaven for they are all Christians!
See, if God can forgive the most vile of the vile then poor little Tiger can also be saved!
Hell, if you really want to get in good with Heaven, become a Catholic. Confessional will assure you the best seat in the house. Works for Mafioso's, should work for you too! Good Luck with that!

Heaven is not about where you go after you die, not as Jesus explains it anyway. He specifies that it is within you. There is the nature of Heaven and there is the idea of Heaven. If someone lives only for the idea of Heaven, but does not know the nature of Heaven, then they have not entered Heaven at all, and worse yet, they think they are "still going". We dont "go" anywhere, we become.

Hell (whether eternal punishiment or not) is about judgement, and exists because humans, by nature, are very judgemental. Anytime you judge someone, your judging yourself. Heaven is about grace, truth, and perseverance. We can argue/worry about Hell for the rest of our lives, but it wont get us closer to Heaven. And yes, In Christ, all sins are forgiven in the heart of the believer... some people are stronger than others, but a hypocrite calling another a hypocrite is still a hypocrite.

So, while you (seemingly) mock Christians, you mock yourself, unless you alone are a perfect man?
"We didn't start the fire"

You mean like the islamic extremists who believe poeple who won't convert to Islam must be killed?

Oh such arrogance, Mr. Hume. Shame on you.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

>You mean like the islamic extremists who believe poeple who won't
>convert to Islam must be killed?

Yep. And the Christian extremists who feel it is their religious obligation to kill doctors, and the Tamil (atheist) extremists who feel that killing is a good way to solve their problems. All pretty much dicks.

blah blah blah ... extremists who feel that killing is a good way to solve their problems. All pretty much dicks.

At least the modern world does not have to deal with two of the biggest dicks humanity has ever had to deal with in the not too distant past. Stalin and Hitler. Shit Stalin wanted to ice one of his own in Marshal Zhukov all because Zhukov was popular for doing what he was asked to do ... help defeat Nazi Germany. Talk about being a dick. Our present day dicks are boy scouts compared to those two "historical" dicks.

BTW ... where's Moby? with all this dick talk, aren't we forgetting one of the biggest dicks ever? :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

>You mean like the islamic extremists who believe poeple who won't
>convert to Islam must be killed?

Yep. And the Christian extremists who feel it is their religious obligation to kill doctors, and the Tamil (atheist) extremists who feel that killing is a good way to solve their problems. All pretty much dicks.

A bit off topic, but there is quite a difference in your example and mine. In the case of Christian extremists (and athiests for that matter), attackers are usually found to be whack-jobs acting on their own, and are often people with a history of mental issues.

Islamic extremism, on the other hand, teaches such actions - on a global scale - as a matter of serving their god.

Now hand me them rattlesnakes - it's time to dance.:ph34r:
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

>In the case of Christian extremists (and athiests for that matter),
>attackers are usually found to be whack-jobs acting on their own, and are
>often people with a history of mental issues.

Google "Westboro Baptists."

>Islamic extremism, on the other hand, teaches such actions - on a
>global scale - as a matter of serving their god.

Terrorists do that. 99.9% of the Muslim world roundly and vocally condemns such activities.

>In the case of Christian extremists (and athiests for that matter),
>attackers are usually found to be whack-jobs acting on their own, and are
>often people with a history of mental issues.

Google "Westboro Baptists."

>Islamic extremism, on the other hand, teaches such actions - on a
>global scale - as a matter of serving their god.

Terrorists do that. 99.9% of the Muslim world roundly and vocally condemns such activities.

Yeah, I can hardly get any news on the flight 253 underwear bomber because all the coverage is about muslims all over the world roundly and vocally condemning him. Hell, it's getting annoying. Every muslim from the man on the street to the leaders of mosques are all over my TV, throwing him under the bus. I now hear Dave Letterman is going to to the "Top Ten Global Muslim Terrorist Condemnations" not once, but every night for a week - just to fit them all in!

And I'm sure we'll have to put with those network TV specials like CBS's "Global Muslim Terrorist Condemnations and How They Are Beating Terroism", NBC's "The Best of the Global Muslim Terrorist Condemnations", and of course ABC's "Funniest Global Muslim Terrorist Condemnation Home Videos" where contestants compete for $100,000.

I sure wish the damned terrorist would give it a break so the Global Muslim Terrorist Condemnations would stop. They keep cutting in on the Dukes of Hazard marathon.

Geez.:S
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX