grimmie

Ohio Death Penalty

Funny isnt it how many "conservatives" profess to be christian and to be so pro life , yet they always seek to use the Bible's Old Testament to justify retribution and to pass judgement in contravention to god's word. Judge not lest ye be judged.

Interesting... Judge not lest ye be judged... So you propose to do away with all police and court actions? No more trials or jails? For without judgement, dangerous criminals will walk among us freely.

Are you an expert on the Bible? The reason I ask is although I tried to read it all way back when, never once did I see where Jesus objected to criminal trials or even the execution of criminals.

My only heartburn with the death penalty is that it cost a couple of million bucks to get a case through all the appeals to get there. For that reason I would be more than happy to shove them in an overpopulated cell together, throw in food for about half of them, and let them sort it out in a Christian manner.
Tom B

We have zoos to keep animals in for their whole lives.. segregated from the other animals so they cant harm them.

Zoos are places where animals are kept for us to view, not for the segregation of ones that have proven themselves to be senseless predators of others. Those we eliminate.

Care to try again?

Its in those animals natures.. as predators.. so they get segregated

In some human animals it is their nature to want to senselessly harm others. I think those who wish to kill other members of their own society should be permanently segregated from civilized society.

In some animals it is in their nature to kill to survive. In no animal species is it in their nature to senselessly kill. Any captive, and many wild, animals that are found to kill for no sensible reason are put down. Culled out. Shot. The risk of keeping them around far outweighs any benefit. Humans are no exception.

So by your reasoning ....Lets start killing all the humans that want to kill others.. Lets start by killing off all death penalty proponents.Maybe we could finally have a peaceful society.

No, we kill those who senselessly kill others. Big difference from what you propose.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

We have zoos to keep animals in for their whole lives.. segregated from the other animals so they cant harm them.

Zoos are places where animals are kept for us to view, not for the segregation of ones that have proven themselves to be senseless predators of others. Those we eliminate.

Care to try again?

In some human animals it is their nature to want to senselessly harm others. I think those who wish to kill other members of their own society should be permanently segregated from civilized society.

In some animals it is in their nature to kill to survive. In no animal species is it in their nature to senselessly kill. Any captive, and many wild, animals that are found to kill for no sensible reason are put down. Culled out. Shot. The risk of keeping them around far outweighs any benefit. Humans are no exception.

So by your reasoning ....Lets start killing all the humans that want to kill others.. Lets start by killing off all death penalty proponents.Maybe we could finally have a peaceful society.

No, we kill those who senselessly kill others. Big difference from what you propose.

I am just suggesting that those who wish to kill should be as in your own words..."Culled out. Shot. The risk of keeping them around far outweighs any benefit. Humans are no exception."

Their desire to kill is based on senseless retribution...and in most cases have no connection to those they wish to kill at all other than what is in the local media. :S:S:S

Care to try again?

I am just suggesting that those who wish to kill should be as in your own words..."Culled out. Shot. The risk of keeping them around far outweighs any benefit. Humans are no exception."

Their desire to kill is based on senseless retribution...and in most cases have no connection to those they wish to kill at all other than what is in the local media. :S:S:S

Maybe in some, sure. But, as for myself, the desire to kill the convicted murderers, rapists, and child molesters is to eliminate their existence so they are no threat to society at all, not even a 1/10^8 chance they can escape and prey on innocent people again. My tax dollars are better spent eliminating them, even if it costs 2-3 times as much, than to take care of them for the rest of their lives.
Not all killing is senseless. Killing to protect one's self and others from a proven threat is not senseless.
HAMMER:

Why should YOU force SOCIETY ( ie all of the rest of us) to do your killing for you? ***

agreed, the family of the victim should get to choose and impliment the punishment, if they want to be bleeding hearts and forgive the sob so be it... if they want to take him apart with needlenose vice grips also their choice.

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

Why should YOU force SOCIETY ( ie all of the rest of us) to do your killing for you? ***

agreed, the family of the victim should get to choose and impliment the punishment, if they want to be bleeding hearts and forgive the sob so be it... if they want to take him apart with needlenose vice grips also their choice.

Roy

Oh yeah.. I don't suppose you consider being part of a "civilized society"????:S:S:S:S:S

Roy

Oh yeah.. I don't suppose you consider being part of a "civilized society"????:S:S:S:S:S

This coming from a woman who has talked often about what she'd like to do with convicted sex criminals?

Why should YOU force SOCIETY ( ie all of the rest of us) to do your killing for you?

Roy

This coming from a woman who has talked often about what she'd like to do with convicted sex criminals?

What.. remove them from society???

I just want them to have their own island where they can all get together and do unto each other.. rather than doing to women. Hildren and others. I suggested Attu and Kiska... they can all snuggle up together for all I care.. if they want to bugger each other.. no problem.. its in their nature.:S:SThe fact that they completely ruin the lives of their victims...they sentence their victims to a life sentence of anguish and pain .. they deserve a life sentence away from society.

I don't think I ever mentioned anything like....*** the family of the victim should get to choose and impliment the punishment, if they want to be bleeding hearts and forgive the sob so be it... if they want to take him apart with needlenose vice grips also their choice.

>>I don't think I ever mentioned anything like....

"the family of the victim should get to choose and impliment the punishment, if they want to be bleeding hearts and forgive the sob so be it... if they want to take him apart with needlenose vice grips also their choice."

Amazon:

"We can have Muslim BASE jumping from a 1000 ft building with out a rig. . . .SPLAT"

"I think being burned to death slowly in that way would be a horrible way to go.. "

"A Room for crushing... kinda like the way the first terminator went out...."

"Perhaps they NEED the most cruel and UNUSUAL punishments to help them realize that they are not going to win the world by being the worst they can be to other human beings...."

Why should YOU force SOCIETY ( ie all of the rest of us) to do your killing for you?

Roy

What.. remove them from society???

I just want them to have their own island where they can all get together and do unto each other.. rather than doing to women. Hildren and others. I suggested Attu and Kiska... they can all snuggle up together for all I care.. if they want to bugger each other.. no problem.. its in their nature.:S:SThe fact that they completely ruin the lives of their victims...they sentence their victims to a life sentence of anguish and pain .. they deserve a life sentence away from society.

I don't think I ever mentioned anything like....*** the family of the victim should get to choose and impliment the punishment, if they want to be bleeding hearts and forgive the sob so be it... if they want to take him apart with needlenose vice grips also their choice.

There YOU go thinking....... you know were that gets you......:D:D:D:D:D:D:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Thanks Billvon!
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

"the family of the victim should get to choose and impliment the punishment, if they want to be bleeding hearts and forgive the sob so be it... if they want to take him apart with needlenose vice grips also their choice."

Amazon:

"We can have Muslim BASE jumping from a 1000 ft building with out a rig. . . .SPLAT"

"I think being burned to death slowly in that way would be a horrible way to go.. "

"Perhaps they NEED the most cruel and UNUSUAL punishments to help them realize that they are not going to win the world by being the worst they can be to other human beings...."

Psst.. he said sex offenders... they are the worst kinds of criminals....lock them up for life.

We are at WAR with a certain subset of islam.They are OUR ENEMY... the people who saw off peoples heads.... I have no problem with killing those we are at war with. I dont think we could possibly shock them with the things they have done to our people... as I have said.. Do unto others as they have done to you... and those are EXACTLY the way that thousands of our people died. falling to their deaths from the WTC....Being burned to death is what happened to those people on the floors where the planes crashed into....these people ..and I use the term loosely... are at war.. and as an enemy.. need to be eradicated.They want to die for Islam.. I say help as many of them get to allah as we can.. they will do it to us if they get the chance .. I would have no problem with returning the favor.

Amazon:

Psst.. he said sex offenders... they are the worst kinds of criminals....lock them up for life.

We are at WAR with a certain subset of islam.They are OUR ENEMY... the people who saw off peoples heads.... I have no problem with killing those we are at war with. I dont think we could possibly shock them with the things they have done to our people... as I have said.. Do unto others as they have done to you... and those are EXACTLY the way that thousands of our people died. falling to their deaths from the WTC....Being burned to death is what happened to those people on the floors where the planes crashed into....these people ..and I use the term loosely... are at war.. and as an enemy.. need to be eradicated.They want to die for Islam.. I say help as many of them get to allah as we can.. they will do it to us if they get the chance .. I would have no problem with returning the favor.

But yet you have issues with putting to death the murderers, rapists, and child molesters among us who have themselves caused untold pain, suffering and anguish to innocent victims. And you see no problem with forcing society to dole out retribution for acts you find heinous by killing those responsible. What of all the innocents killed as a consequence, either directly or indirectly, of seeking such justice and retribution? Do we just write them off as "collateral damage"? Being from a military background i am sure you are aware that no war has ever been fought that was free of any innocent people being maimed and killed.

2500 murderers responsible for 2500 murders can be fed and cared for the rest of their lives.
19 murderers and their conspirators responsible for 2500 murders are to be hunted down and killed utilizing the full force of the US military and any innocents killed as a result are CD.
Got it. ;)
HAMMER:

Amazon:

But yet you have issues with putting to death the murderers, rapists, and child molesters among us who have themselves caused untold pain, suffering and anguish to innocent victims. And you see no problem with forcing society to dole out retribution for acts you find heinous by killing those responsible. What of all the innocents killed as a consequence, either directly or indirectly, of seeking such justice and retribution? Do we just write them off as "collateral damage"? Being from a military background i am sure you are aware that no war has ever been fought that was free of any innocent people being maimed and killed.

2500 murderers responsible for 2500 murders can be fed and cared for the rest of their lives.
19 murderers and their conspirators responsible for 2500 murders are to be hunted down and killed utilizing the full force of the US military and any innocents killed as a result are CD.
Got it. ;)

Welcome to WAR.. they attacked us over and over and over....they need to suffer the consequences...a certain chinese philosopher said to know your enemy..some people have come to know them. the west will not beat THEM till it takes off the gloves and eradicates them in their rat holes no matter WHERE we have to go to find those rat holes.. OR mosques.. or palaces.

>Psst.. he said sex offenders...

OK, so you'd prefer to give sex offenders a break, and just torture Muslims to death.

Pretty much... yup... if you hurt me... I am one who believes I get to hurt you back... but I will hurt you back so hard your grandmother will hurt too. It makes your enemy know you are not weak... and they will know that they will NOT get away with impunity. Wars are not won from weakness.

OK, so you'd prefer to give sex offenders a break, and just torture Muslims to death.

Pretty much... yup... if you hurt me... I am one who believes I get to hurt you back... but I will hurt you back so hard your grandmother will hurt too. It makes your enemy know you are not weak... and they will know that they will NOT get away with impunity. Wars are not won from weakness.

Wars aren't won through overwhelming brutality either. Just ask any Soviet soldier who had the pleasure to serve in Afghanistan in the 1980s.

Wars aren't won through overwhelming brutality either. Just ask any Soviet soldier who had the pleasure to serve in Afghanistan in the 1980s.

I dont know... we taught a bunch of Afghans back in the 80's and they out brutalized the Soviets. WE helped them to bleed the best the Soviets had. The Mujas understand brutality and respect it.

People who get the death penalty typically are the worst kinds of criminals.

Unless they're actually innocent. That's the chief problem with the death penalty.

It's also a problem with sex crimes - more frequently I'd say than falsely executed murderers. So I find it difficult to see how you can espouse one set of punishments, but then think it's crazy that a majority of Americans support the DP for killers.

People who get the death penalty typically are the worst kinds of criminals.

Unless they're actually innocent. That's the chief problem with the death penalty.

It's also a problem with sex crimes - more frequently I'd say than falsely executed murderers. So I find it difficult to see how you can espouse one set of punishments, but then think it's crazy that a majority of Americans support the DP for killers.

Support for it is droping very quickly.. even in blood thirsty Texas... its down to 53% there after Carla Faye Tucker.

The nice thing about falsely imprisoned... is they can be set free.. Falsely Executed... not so much.

I dont know... we taught a bunch of Afghans back in the 80's and they out brutalized the Soviets. WE helped them to bleed the best the Soviets had. The Mujas understand brutality and respect it.

I'm curious how it is you think the Afghans out-brutalized the Soviets given that the Afghans didn't have any carpet-bombing campaigns that I'm aware of and never distributed explosive toys among the children of Soviet soldiers.

I'm curious how it is you think the Afghans out-brutalized the Soviets given that the Afghans didn't have any carpet-bombing campaigns that I'm aware of and never distributed explosive toys among the children of Soviet soldiers.

We had some VERY talented people who designed and distributed some VERRRRRY interesting devices to several of the Afghan groups we supported.

AS far as out brutalizing... you can ask those same soviet soldiers what happened to their comrades who were taken alive.. not that they stayed that way for very long. Basicly the Afghans got into the soviets heads and just totally mind fucked them for years. Moral was far lower than what our guys had in the jungles of the south east asian war game.

http://bnreview.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Reviews-Essays/The-Great-Gamble-The-Soviet-War-in-Afghanistan/ba-p/949;jsessionid=AC7170527A68A539F0F3B7EC18C23096

What baffles and impresses about the Soviet army in Afghanistan is that it operated as long as it did, and with as little outcry from its soldiers and their families. This silence speaks more to the muffled fear of Soviet society than to the horrors of war in Afghanistan. Those horrors defy exaggeration. Mujahedin left corpse-ridden landscapes -- think Vlad the Impaler on a bad day. They flayed alive captured soldiers by cutting the skin around the belt, then yanking the loose skin up over the head of the soldier and tying it off neatly up top, like a potato sack.

Sure the soviets had modern weapons... but they were ineffective in the face of a determined and very brutal enemy on its home ground...

AQ and their foreign fighters are just visitors there as well in both Afghanistan and in Waziristan. They stand out if someone who knows what to look for sees them. A smart way to fight them is to isolate them with the right personel.. and kill them.. no matter where they are. But we need to dig them out of far more places than just the mountains of the Hindu Kush... and thousands of our people going there is not smart.... to "train the Afghans" WTF.. we have been there since late 2001.. WTF... how come they are not trained by now... backing Karzai is not so smart.

I believe once the scumbag is found guilty by a jury that that the family should have the right to set the penalty is all.

it could be brutal or not depending on the family's wishes, some people would prefer using lethal injection or some other humane way, others may want to put them through a paper shredder feet first.

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.