brenthutch

breaking news on global warming

They are both complete jackasses to be sure, and I am sure they are wrong on every point, I just need someone to help me refute their data.

Why? If you are interested in the truth you will question all data, not just that you disagree with. More importantly you will limit your inquiries to people whose training indicates they might know something. ie scientists.

Is Dr Michael Mann (Introduced to me as "Mr global warming") good enough for you? During a 1/2 hour conversation at a local watering hole, we shot the global warming breeze, about 6 months ago. It turns out that he was lying to my face and used data he knew to be false to support his position.

To be specific, I asked him about the lack of warming in the last 10 years. He told me that there was no slowing of the warming trend and that the planat was still warming

That's not a lie.

1998 was the hottest year on record. The ten years since have been cooler, therefore the deniers say that the planet has been cooling for the last ten years. Even a cursory look at the temperature data shows that the planet is still warming, there just happened to be a particularly hot year ten years ago.

- Dan G

To be specific, I asked him about the lack of warming in the last 10 years. He told me that there was no slowing of the warming trend and that the planat was still warming

Apparently you don't know the difference between a trend and an outlying data point.

I suggest you learn some science BEFORE criticizing scientists.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Is Dr Michael Mann (Introduced to me as "Mr global warming") good enough for you? During a 1/2 hour conversation at a local watering hole, we shot the global warming breeze, about 6 months ago. It turns out that he was lying to my face and used data he knew to be false to support his position.

For a scientist, that sort of accusation is just about as welcome as an accusation of child molestation. I'm curious... if you met him in the bar face to face again, what exactly would you accuse him of? How would you back up your accusation?

This whole climategate business is almost as bad as the McCarthy hearings; possibly worse since the communist party did actually exist.

Apparently you don't know the difference between a trend and an outlying data point.

Science = 'fudging the data until it matches the hypothesis', now? My, how times have changed.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

If its Global warming why the F&^% am I so cold

'Cause climate change covers everything!!!! Rain, drought, wind, calm, sunshine, clouds, hurricanes, no hurricanes, heatwaves, cold snaps, blizzards and everything in between!!

Ever read Michael Crichton's State of Fear??? An entertaining read.
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”

Science = 'fudging the data until it matches the hypothesis', now? My, how times have changed.

+1

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

Um, there has been extensive discussion in the climate community about the "pause" in warming with no explanation. No volcano or strong La Nina. It just stalled.

Today - 1998 is an outlier. Nothing to see there.
1999 - this is way worse that we predicted. By 2008, we expect to see a .2 degree increase from this. This is a wakeup call to all and proof.

John - nobody predicted this decade-long pause. Not predicted. Data does not match the predictions. We can compare the data with the predictions. They don't match, and match less and less.

I personally want an answer. I've explained my theories but lack the data to show it. I reckon I could manufacture some, find some proxies, etc., and disprove a couple of them.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

If its Global warming why the F&^% am I so cold

'Cause climate change covers everything!!!!

Yes, but he ask about global warming, not climate change. :)

Global warming is so ten years ago.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.