stayhigh

Is California becoming testing market for legalization of marijuana???

In so-cal dispensary outnumbers starbucks, and the movements towards legalization is stronger than ever.
I'm pretty sure DEA knows about 500+ dispensaries and its operation, and they are not doing damn thing about it.

Now here is my Q to the readers..

Do you think that DEA is just sitting by side and watching how California turns out 5 years down the road???

Is California becoming 21st century version of opium den???

If U.S. becomes legal than what about other country which accepted/followed United States Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act of 1970??

Marijuana falls into schedule 1 substance along with Heroin, MDMA, GHB, 2-CB. Does marijuana really belong in this group???

Is that mean marijuana is more harmful than schedule 2 substance such as Cocaine, Amphetamine, Methamphetamine, PCP, and Oxycodone???

discuss..
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

In so-cal dispensary outnumbers starbucks, and the movements towards legalization is stronger than ever.
I'm pretty sure DEA knows about 500+ dispensaries and its operation, and they are not doing damn thing about it.

Now here is my Q to the readers..

Do you think that DEA is just sitting by side and watching how California turns out 5 years down the road???

No. I think the Obama administration sees the wisdom in decriminalization and has directed the DEA (which is part of the Executive Branch Justice Department) to leave California alone.

It's unlikely to come from within the DEA because few bureaucrats with enough interest and aptitude to acquire a position of power would do anything to reduce their agency's scope, budget, and power.

Things would probably be different under another administration.

If U.S. becomes legal than what about other country which accepted/followed United States Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act of 1970??

Decriminalization is more likely than legalization because it's less painful politically.

My conservative position would be that it's a states' rights issue, although this is really about people's emotions and politicians staying in office.

Marijuana falls into schedule 1 substance along with Heroin, MDMA, GHB, 2-CB. Does marijuana really belong in this group???

No.

Is that mean marijuana is more harmful than schedule 2 substance such as Cocaine, Amphetamine, Methamphetamine, PCP, and Oxycodone???

It means that classifying marijuana as a schedule 1 substance was politically useful and possible. The masses like it when politicians do things about problems, like keeping pot from turning people into draft-dodging pacifists or making niggers attack white women. The politicians prefer this sort of legislative activity to something which would be politically painful or hard to pull off (witness the health care debacle)

I took it as a sarcastic comment on his belief in the underlying racism in the War on Drugs.

If he was casually refering to black people that way, then yes, it would be racist. I don't think that's what he meant.

Classy, not so much, but I found it rhetorically effective.

- Dan G

What does the state have to gain from legalizing/decriminalizing? I can tell you with absolute certainty that if you go to one of the club's doctors and tell them the right things, you will get a 1 year pass for the clubs. Letting anybody into the clubs is already being done, but keeps the ignorant happy because they think it is only accessible by "patients". It is a win win. The state is already charging taxes.
I am in favor of reducing the penalty of possession from misdemeanor to a simple fine, for those that choose not to become medical MJ patients.
I think that if you grow in your own house, smoke in your own house, and don't operate a vehicle for a reasonable amount of time, then the government has no business to interfere.

Not anymore than alcohol. Unless you can give me solid examples why alcohol is more worthy than weed of being legal.

I agree, America and all countries I have been to have a fluent supply of herb that is readily availiable and easily attained. The only problem is that it is illegal in all of them, except in a few where it is simply tolerated, but still illegal (for other than medicinal purposes) I think the laws desperately need to be reveiwed in regards to herb. It should be viewed as lighter than alcohol but heavier than ciggarettes, and more healthy than both believe it or not... but... it should also be regulated with as strict of guidelines as alcohol especially when it comes to operating machinery, vehicles, or working in/for the public. I dont know, I just think our current laws are WAYYYY too strict on herb. I think this is what California and other states are trying to imply.
"We didn't start the fire"

Regardless of how you feel about the word, it was screamed by the politicians for all to hear while explaining why marijuana was needed to be made illegal. And why those porch monkey's couldn't be trusted with a vote, or fight with whites on the battle field. In that context it is historically dead on. Classy or not.

In 1975, Alaska removed all penalties for possession of cannabis under 28.349 grams (one ounce) in one's residence or home. Sale of less than 28.349 grams is a misdemeanor, punishable by up to a year in jail and up to a $5,000 fine;[1] at the time, in most states sale of less than 28.349 grams was a felony offense.

With the 1975 Ravin v. State decision, the Alaska Supreme Court declared the state's anti-drug law unconstitutional with respect to possession of small amounts of cannabis, holding that the right to privacy guaranteed by the Constitution of Alaska outweighed the state's interest in banning the drug.[2] Ravin continues to be followed since the Alaska constitution has not been amended to prohibit, or permit the prohibition of, less than 28.349 grams of cannabis, an anti-cannabis initiative passed in 1990 and an anti-cannabis piece of legislation passed in 2006 remain inoperative.[3][4][5] This allows possession of fewer than 25 plants in one's residence or home.

Wiki

The real problem is the sheer number of people convicted of felonies and sentenced to prison for drugs, any drugs, the non-dealers and non-violent offenders I mean. Over half of inmates' first terms were for this, and I think it clear that jailing them often leads directly to them learning to be greater criminals in later lives of crime. Exactly how is this helping us, when we are turning dangerous prisoners out for lack of space?

Most of all, how can putting an 18 year old drug-only offender in an adult prison right, knowing what happens there. By law we say he is not adult enough to buy a beer, but he is adult enough to go to jail? And with mandatory sentencing, it can be for quite a while sometimes. How does this help us?

And how does mandatory sentenancing for any non-violent crime help us?
Tom B