virgin-burner

Arkansas Cop Tasers 10-Year-Old Girl

A question for those debating this issue: If the officer had physically restrained the girl and inadvertently broke her wrist while using a legally/medically/tactically approved control method like PPCT, how many people would be very upset?

I think there is a lot of the story that isn't known at this point. That and 9 or 10 years old is the age of mental culpability in many states. So the legal system has determined at that age the child knows right from wrong and should act accordingly. Was deploying a Taser the correct choice? I don't know, I wasn't there. Was it a wholly bad choice? I don't know, I wasn't there. Would I want to be the one that deployed a Taser on a 10 yr old? Not really, then again, I've pulled guns and narcotics off of children only slightly older than that.

Too many people who have never dealt with the predators in society simply do not understand that being under the age of 15 does not make you instantly non-dangerous. I'm not imply that this was the case here, just an observation from reading the other posts in this thread (and other threads). Take a criminal street gang (insert your favorite gang here). They have realized that the juvenile justice system favors the child and will task those under the age of majority to do the dirty work. They know that if the kid with the gun or dope is 12 to 15 yrs old that they will legally be ok once they turn 17 or 18. Top that off with the mentality of the child that wants to be in the gang and wants to prove that he is worthy of being in the gang and things get very dangerous very quickly.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

digging a little more up, i found this gem

In 2006, state investigators found Wooten guilty of "a significant pattern of judgment failures," including using a Taser on his 10-year-old stepson and drinking beer while operating a state trooper vehicle. Wooten was suspended for 10 days as "a last chance to take corrective action."

seems to be the new trend, if your daughters and sons dont behave, taze them!

:S:S:S
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I think you didn't read through the entire post:

"I'm not imply that this was the case here, just an observation from reading the other posts in this thread (and other threads). "

But this is SC, so of course people will simply read what they want to read and polarize their position.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

dont get me wrong, i completely understand your point about criminal juveniles; but this isnt what this was about. right after your last post i posted the actual incident report from the police. just a brat with parental issues..

BTW, the company that makes those non-lethal weapons, clearly states they're not to be used on infants. cant access that site from work, but i'm sure it's there somewhere..
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

How many 10 year olds that you know are versed in legal issues and can understand, comprehend, and appreciate/respect the consequences of being a CHILD???

I was thinking this yesterday watching local news...a kids at about that age here shot a bb gun at a school bus and shattered a window. He's being chargged with multiple felonies. As kids, we used to shoot each other with bb guns...one of those stupid things young kids do. It's part of learning. I personally feel treating a kid like an adult for EVERY "crime" they commit is a real disservice to children. Not always, but can't we try to use some logical reasoning as opposed to pure black and white laws that were not written with the intent of covering children?

BTW, the company that makes those non-lethal weapons, clearly states they're not to be used on infants. cant access that site from work, but i'm sure it's there somewhere..

10 year olds aren't infants, so it's the guideline on children that would be of interest.

I'm still trying to understand what she was being arrested for? Not listening to mammy?

for being a stinky brat? not listening to mr. police officer? or mommy? i cant say..
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

I'm still trying to understand what she was being arrested for? Not listening to mammy?

for being a stinky brat? not listening to mr. police officer? or mommy? i cant say..

This is one of the weirdest things I've ever read about. Why was the cop there? And why isn't the police chief asking the same question? From all that I've read here, including the officer's report, it would appear the child was acting in self defense. WTF?
www.FourWheelerHB.com

+1.

The officer should have left once it was determined a bullshit call and possibly written the woman a citation for filing a false report.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

The officer should have left once it was determined a bullshit call and possibly written the woman a citation for filing a false report.

Film at eleven-10 year old stabs mother to death minutes after police leave
Cop was in a bad situation all the way around. People-raise your damn kids
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

pardon me for not being a native speaker; i should of said CHILDREN..

Man, Swiss man! I fully do understand you wanna be like them but, not in that uneducated English! Man!

Shame on you. You're a European citizen, talking proper English.

;)

sorry christel for my uneducated use of english; that and the other 2 or 3 languages i speak and understand.. :P
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

;)
sorry christel for my uneducated use of english; that and the other 2 or 3 languages i speak and understand.. :P

It's OK. It's just the intercourse :)

[/;)]

That's what I keep telling her!
¨

is that before or after the use of pepperspray!? :|
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

;)

It's OK. It's just the intercourse :)

edited for typo

oh, yea, uhm, how YOU doin'!? :P;):D
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda