quade

Yet another reason we MUST leave Iraq as quickly as possible.

They're just too stupid to help.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/04/world/middleeast/04sensors.html

I simply don't know what else to say about it.

Just give em metal detectors, IED's do have a trace of metal, right? Probably too late by the time you get a reading. Aren't a lot of IED's manure? I wonder if amethane detector would help? It would seem that a truck with a platform 50 ft long, just a foot off the ground in front that detected whatever IED's were constructe dof would work.

But yea, these guys were idiots before us and they will be after we're gone, Darwin says just let nature take its course.

Oh don't get me wrong, they aren't all stupid, but when the head of their security says he knows more about bombs than anyone else on the planet and then uses a device like that to detect them either he's the stupidest man on the planet or he's intentionally sabotaging his own security efforts.

In either case, we have to not be a part of that.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Isn't that what Americans do? We try to help stupid people so that life will be easier for them.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Isn't that what Americans do? We try to help stupid people so that life will be easier for them.

Inasmuch as religion is the opiate of the people, I'd have to agree with you on that.

***Isn't that what Americans do? We try to help stupid people so that life will be easier for them.

Inasmuch as religion is the opiate of the people, I'd have to agree with you on that.

I'd have to say welfare is a prime example.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Hell, I need to put together some contraption to sell them. I could make a ton of money off these idiots!

I was watching NOVA last week, and they were interviewing a family that had 4 people walking on all fours. It was a problem with their cerebellum. Everyone in the town told the mother and father the house was cursed. Even though they are absolutely destitute, they tore it down and rebuilt it. It turns out the mother and father are cousins. :S

Hell, I need to put together some contraption to sell them. I could make a ton of money off these idiots!

Well, I do have the feeling that the people that manufacture these devices are either; in cahoots and it's all a scam to bilk the government and provide kickbacks to the leaders that buy them OR . . . they're going to end up with the balls chopped off and shoved down their throats.

So, it's something to think about.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Just give em metal detectors, IED's do have a trace of metal, right? Probably too late by the time you get a reading. Aren't a lot of IED's manure? I wonder if amethane detector would help? It would seem that a truck with a platform 50 ft long, just a foot off the ground in front that detected whatever IED's were constructe dof would work.

But yea, these guys were idiots before us and they will be after we're gone, Darwin says just let nature take its course.

Metal detectors probably wouldn't work to well when used on a vehicle. Dogs are best.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

“Whether it’s magic or scientific, what I care about is it detects bombs,” said Maj. Gen. Jehad al-Jabiri, head of the Ministry of the Interior’s General Directorate for Combating Explosives.

“I don’t care about Sandia or the Department of Justice or any of them,” General Jabiri said. “I know more about this issue than the Americans do. In fact, I know more about bombs than anyone in the world.”

Proponents of the wand often argue that errors stem from the human operator, who they say must be rested, with a steady pulse and body temperature, before using the device.

Then the operator must walk in place a few moments to “charge” the device, since it has no battery or other power source, and walk with the wand at right angles to the body. If there are explosives or drugs to the operator’s left, the wand is supposed to swivel to the operator’s left and point at them.

Let me just consult the manufacturer's website for a better explanation of how they work and, if I'm lucky, why they cost $18,000.

http://www.atscltd.co.uk/

>Yet another example of failed government programs, IMO.

If that's an example of failure - we could do with some more failure.

So we can have even MORE kids 'graduate' without being able to read worth a damn - great idea, Bill!
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>I thought we had agreed in another thread that public education in
>America is lacking in results, generally speaking.

Most of the people I know have gotten most of their education from the public school system - many with quite good results.

Is there room for improvement? Definitely. Is it one of the better uses of public money? Absolutely. Is it an example of "trying to help stupid people so that life will be easier for them?" Yes - and is probably the best possible way to help them.

Most of the people I know have gotten most of their education from the public school system - many with quite good results.

Is there room for improvement? Definitely. Is it one of the better uses of public money? Absolutely. Is it an example of "trying to help stupid people so that life will be easier for them?" Yes - and is probably the best possible way to help them.

I don't disagree with anything said here. I believe our previous discussion context had been the failure of our public high school system to produce citizens who are capable of participating in our republic.
We are all engines of karma

Im sure you all have seen video of Iraqi EOD (explosives ordanence disposal) "disarm an IED. ive witnessed first hand how they feel that "strength in numbers" works on IED's some of the funniest horrifying moments of my life to watch a group of them turn to vapor because they kicked it.