SkyChimp

Michelle Obama........ What does she do anyway?????

>No I am attacking the first lady because she is on a free ride for life
>on the taxpayer dollar.

No, she's not, and your ignorance of that point (and desire to smear her without finding out the truth) is pretty sad.

I know you could care less, but here are the facts:

Michelle Obama does not get paid one cent of taxpayer money as salary, stipend, bonus or anything else.

She does not get free food. Her food comes from her savings and her husband's salary.

Taxpayers do not buy her clothing or pay for her drycleaning, or provide her with personal servants.

She has medical coverage under her husband's medical plan.

>If she wants to spend our money on staff WE should get something in return.

OK, you got it. You get a mentoring program for DC kids, a military family advocate with the President's ear, and volunteer work at homeless shelters and soup kitchens.

Who will you attack next? Malia? Sasha? Their dog, whatever its name is?

>but if they were good ideals you wouldn't need to spin people words
>because they would stand on the own.

I don't need to spin your words at all! You are excellent at digging yourself into some pretty impressive holes.

While you're at it, Mark, his daughters aren't walking uphill both ways in the snow and blinding rain to school, either.

She's the mother of two school-age children, who is trying to give them some semblance of a normal life in the White House. I'll bet that takes some time. The last First Lady who had children that young was Jackie Kennedy, and she redecorated. I can only imagine your vituperation if Michelle Obama were to redecorate :S

She's advocating for military famlies and the homeless. I believe those count as causes.

This thread is a complete non-starter. There has been a decent amount of evidence posted (including the ubiquitous Snopes) indicating that Michelle Obama's staff isn't larger than several others'.

But it's pretty clear that you will attack no matter what, so you might as well include the cushy life their girls have while you're at it.

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I was reading an article of what past first ladies have done during their administration and prior to. I can't find what Michelle Obama has done or did. I do see what Laura Bush, Nancy Reagan, & Hillary Clinton have done, but not Mrs. Obama. Does Barack have a media muzzle on her????????

Hey, somebody has to order all those aides around!

As of July 09 according to http://www.politicsdaily.com/2009/07/06/what-michelle-obamas-staffers-earn/

The salaries for staffers in the Office of First Lady are also on the newest list. The highest paid is Chief of Staff Susan Sher, who gets the top $172,200. Here are the rest:

$140,000
Frye, Jocelyn C. (DEPUTY ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT AND DIRECTOR OF POLICY AND PROJECTS FOR THE FIRST LADY)

$113,000
Rogers, Desiree G. (SPECIAL ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT AND WHITE HOUSE SOCIAL SECRETARY)

$102,000
Johnston, Camille Y. (SPECIAL ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT AND DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS FOR THE FIRST LADY)
Winter, Melissa E. (SPECIAL ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT AND DEPUTY CHIEF OF STAFF TO THE FIRST LADY)

$90,000
Medina, David S. (DEPUTY CHIEF OF STAFF TO THE FIRST LADY)

$84,000
Lelyveld, Catherine M. (DIRECTOR AND PRESS SECRETARY TO THE FIRST LADY)

$75,000
Starkey, Frances M. (DIRECTOR OF SCHEDULING AND ADVANCE FOR THE FIRST LADY)

$70,000
Sanders, Trooper (DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF POLICY AND PROJECTS FOR THE FIRST LADY)

$65,000
Burnough, Erinn J. (DEPUTY DIRECTOR AND DEPUTY SOCIAL SECRETARY)
Reinstein, Joseph B. (DEPUTY DIRECTOR AND DEPUTY SOCIAL SECRETARY)

$62,000
Goodman, Jennifer R. (DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF SCHEDULING AND EVENTS COORDINATOR FOR THE FIRST LADY)

$60,000
Fitts, Alan O. (DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF ADVANCE AND TRIP DIRECTOR FOR THE FIRST LADY)
Lewis, Dana M. (SPECIAL ASSISTANT AND PERSONAL AIDE TO THE FIRST LADY)

$52,500
Mustaphi, Semonti M. (ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR AND DEPUTY PRESS SECRETARY TO THE FIRST LADY)

$50,000
Jarvis, Kristen E. (SPECIAL ASSISTANT FOR SCHEDULING AND TRAVELING AIDE TO THE FIRST LADY)

$45,000
Lechtenberg, Tyler A. (ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF CORRESPONDENCE FOR THE FIRST LADY)
Tubman, Samantha (DEPUTY ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR,SOCIAL OFFICE)

$40,000
Boswell, Joseph J. (EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE CHIEF OF STAFF TO THE FIRST LADY)

$36,000
Armbruster, Sally M. (STAFF ASSISTANT TO THE SOCIAL SECRETARY)
Bookey, Natalie (STAFF ASSISTANT)
Jackson, Deilia A. (DEPUTY ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF CORRESPONDENCE FOR THE FIRST LADY)
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Shoots....scores. It's very awkward to watch conservatives show their gross dislike for Dems, yet try to sound realy civilized and diginified while denograting a man's wife, kids and whomever.

Yes, of course...because there were NEVER any posts about Laura Bush having a DUI, or selling pot, or anything like that.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Looking at those titles, a lot of them look like they have shared responsibility between the President and the First Lady. Maybe then the whole "staff" shouldn't be assigned to the First Lady, unless, of course, one is small-minded and trying to make her look bad.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Dude, you are attacking a man's _wife_ because you disagree with his politics. Imagine if someone did that to you. How would you see them? As a thoughtful guy with considered opinions who disagreed with you - or someone who had a personal beef, and just wanted to hurt you any way he could?

No I am attacking the first lady because she is on a free ride for life on the taxpayer dollar. and I don't like her politics of her radical friends. If she wants to spend our money on staff WE should get something in return. By constantly spinning peoples words only makes your side look desperate to protect you Ideals, but if they were good ideals you wouldn't need to spin people words because they would stand on the own.

I suppose you would want to cut off all of the OTHER First Ladies hmmmm???

Betty Ford
Rosalynn Carter
Nancy Reagan
Barbara Bush
Hillary Clinton
Laura Bush
Michelle Obama

Or is it just black first ladies you find appaling.

No I am attacking the first lady because she is on a free ride for life on the taxpayer dollar.

For life? The President gets a pension, yes. The First Lady does not, though she would retain the typical survival/divorcee rights. But note that the President's pension is currently less than her income.

Book deals are hardly a guarantee. Palin's book isn't even out yet and Amazon is discounting the hardback to 9 fricking bucks!

Whining that she gets to goes to parties is really missing the boat. You can get drunk and make an ass of yourself in public. She cannot. She'll be representing the country for 3 or 7 more years.

Dude, you are attacking a man's _wife_ because you disagree with his politics. Imagine if someone did that to you. How would you see them? As a thoughtful guy with considered opinions who disagreed with you - or someone who had a personal beef, and just wanted to hurt you any way he could?

Shoots....scores. It's very awkward to watch conservatives show their gross dislike for Dems, yet try to sound realy civilized and diginified while denograting a man's wife, kids and whomever.

If that is how you understood the post then you are the one that needs help.

No OT for you :D

Yes, of course...because there were NEVER any posts about Laura Bush having a DUI, or selling pot, or anything like that.

Or Laura Bush killing a guy while driving. Were you beating around that one? See, that's something taht happened, whereas Michelle Obama has done nothing but + things. But remember, you brought in the Laura Bush matter.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/laura.asp

SHE KILLED MICHAEL DOUGLAS!!!! Ran a syop sign at 50mph. Vehic manslaughter, and Michelle Obama is so bad? Show 1 negative thing she's done.

But of course if you love RW spin, here it is: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2148105/laura_bush_killed_a_guy_yes_she_did_pg2_pg2.html?cat=9

Now, did Laura Bush kill a guy? It seems that the person who would become Mrs. George W. Bush was inadvertently the cause of the death of a young man. And before someone can facetiously interject that, technically, Laura Bush's car killed the guy...

:S

No I am attacking the first lady because she is on a free ride for life on the taxpayer dollar.

For life? The President gets a pension, yes. The First Lady does not, though she would retain the typical survival/divorcee rights. But note that the President's pension is currently less than her income.

Book deals are hardly a guarantee. Palin's book isn't even out yet and Amazon is discounting the hardback to 9 fricking bucks!

Whining that she gets to goes to parties is really missing the boat. You can get drunk and make an ass of yourself in public. She cannot. She'll be representing the country for 3 or 7 more years.

Amazon is in a price war with WalMart right now for on line book sales. Both of them are listing books at losses to try and win it
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Or Laura Bush killing a guy while driving. Were you beating around that one? See, that's something taht happened, whereas Michelle Obama has done nothing but + things. But remember, you brought in the Laura Bush matter.

SHE KILLED MICHAEL DOUGLAS!!!! Ran a syop sign at 50mph. Vehic manslaughter, and Michelle Obama is so bad? Show 1 negative thing she's done.

But of course if you love RW spin, here it is: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2148105/laura_bush_killed_a_guy_yes_she_did_pg2_pg2.html?cat=9

Now, did Laura Bush kill a guy? It seems that the person who would become Mrs. George W. Bush was inadvertently the cause of the death of a young man. And before someone can facetiously interject that, technically, Laura Bush's car killed the guy...

Thanks for pointing out the hypocrisy in your prior post.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Thanks for pointing out the hypocrisy in your prior post.

I only responded to another post. But where did I ever say Laura was a lesser FL due to her vehic manslaughter she was never charged for? Hypocrite? Yes, let me hear you run on about Ted Kennedy. :S

What the hell is a "syop sign"?

Ah yes, I love righties, you know you hit a nerve and they cannot respond when they attack spelling. Here, let me hepl you out for the next one ;)

Nerve? No, I am really enjoying the hell out of this thread. I spell as bad as you do most of the time, But the work/word is usually recognizable.:D

Now, please go back and get your ass kicked some more. I will just watch:)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Looking at those titles, a lot of them look like they have shared responsibility between the President and the First Lady. Maybe then the whole "staff" shouldn't be assigned to the First Lady, unless, of course, one is small-minded and trying to make her look bad.

Wendy P.

Actually, only 6 out of the 25 listed DIDN'T say "to the first lady" in the title, so no, a lot of them DON"T sound like they share resonsibility between B.O. and MO. That's not even an updated list. The First Lady has added more assistants since July (the date of the listing).

The fact is Michelle Obama has - by far - more hired hands around than other FL in history.

And are you calling me small-minded? That wouldn't be very tolerant of you, Wendy. And that would be a personal attack wouldn't it? I'd hate to have to report you to BillVon.

Oh, and I wasn't trying to make anyone look bad, I was stating facts. If the FL having 25+ personal assistants looks bad, I'm pretty sure that's her fault, not mine. I suppose it does look pretty bad when you fly your personal hair dresser to Europe to keep you looking good.

Royalty. They are so amusing. Embarrassing for the country, but amusing.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

I don't think it is needed for Mrs Obama to do anything, but since she does have the largest staff (and most expensive) of any first lady we should get something in return or she can get rid of her staff. If she is on the payroll she should be doing something for what we have invested. The Obama's have shown they can spend a ton of money with very little (if anything) in return. The first family, and many democrats, are very good at spending our money and if it continues they will see how the American people react by getting voted out in the next few elections.

It's all just walkin' around money, to them. A few mil. here, a few there.

Dude, even if we accept, for the sake of argument, that you're correct on that point - that's the system. You're attacking her individually because of what the system provides to her and every other First Lady?

No, you're not biased at all...
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Yeah, let's go after Obama's wife. Again. I'll get the popcorn.

Fail.

You guys have no shame.

What has she done from a charitable stand point? Just a simple question.

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

Fail.

You guys have no shame.

http://philanthropy.com/news/updates/4219/barack-and-michelle-obama-donated-60307-to-charity-in-2006
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Fail.

You guys have no shame.

Oh, I found plenty of stuff in a few seconds yesterday just by googling it. But I'm not playing your game.

I hear their new dog has an ACORN transceiver in a sub-dermally-implanted microchip. Really quite ingenious. Which is quite the opposite of what I can say about this moronic thread.

I suppose you would want to cut off all of the OTHER First Ladies hmmmm???

Betty Ford
Rosalynn Carter
Nancy Reagan
Barbara Bush
Hillary Clinton
Laura Bush
Michelle Obama

Or is it just black first ladies you find appaling.

the first 2 i cannot say, the next 4 all did something(maybe not what we would like or agree with). color is not an issue. the left is using color to try to get people to like the policies, sorry but the race card is used up.