John Stossel joins FOX News

Fox news is a big source of amusement over in Aust. (Yeah we get it on cable here) A bias unashamedly cheer squad for the republican party. Fair and Balanced My arse or ASS as you folk say. Hannity etc. i do get a good laugh out of it. Almost here organ music when Bush and Co are shown.

No we cannot have the government run health care lets keep the corporate crooks running it so they can make more money by denying care to millions and paying off millions to the polictians

Do I hate Amercia ? no I do not !!! I love the friendly people there just think your whole system needs reforming.... hopefully the current President can start.

Ah, yet another liberal that can't tell the difference between an opinion show and news reporting....how particularly unsurprising, given the "All Obama, all the time" lovefest on the rest of the "MSM".

Hannity, Beck and O'Reilly are opinion shows - just like Olbermann, Maddow and Matthews. The difference is that Hannity, Beck and O'Reilly *crush* Olbermann, Maddow and Matthews.

I guess we now know there are T-leggers all over the world:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Did he get bitch slapped for asking the wrong question to a steroid monkey? Probably.

What's that got to do with this?

Seeing as how this thread is about John Stossel I reckoned I would ask. Since it isn't a query attacking his political views or personal lifestyle, I guess it is useless.

I'll go fuck myself...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

John Stossel is moving to FOX after 28 years at ABC. I've always liked his shows and hope to see much more of him on FOX.

I'm pretty surprised he didn't jump ship years ago. His "Gimme a Break" segments have been more and more pro-business for years.

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I like him so much.

So then you admit he has a definite pro-business (aka anti-labor) bias. I'm glad we agree on this.

Pro-business does not equal anti-labor.

Yes, businesses welcome labor orgs.

Does your Heald College paralegal curriculum include introductory logic courses?

He apparently ditched that class or did not receive an "A"

WOW, he is a maggot.

Bush killed a few stupid rules, but his bureaucrats made the regulatory system bigger and more complicated. Government only grows, under both Democrats and Republicans. The Republicans talk about deregulation, but they rarely do it.

Yea, like rewriting the 1938 FLSA with his Overtime Law, enabling employers to refuse to pay overtime to some workers and if that worker doesn't give the OT, that is cause for termination. Stupid rule. Also I understand the right to an employee representative during discipline was revoked too, what a stupid rule. Guys a maggot, needs to be at FOX.

Yea! How dare people have the freedom to pay others what they want to or higher and fire who they want! Freedom....who thought that would ever work? I mean, this country was founded on freedom and as a result has become the richest country in the world where even the poor have cars, TV's, houses, and microwaves! Its where people come from all around the world to get medical care! Obviously freedom is complete junk! The only real way to fight against the rich is to pay our money to some rich guy to fight the rich guy and call it a union. These unions won't let you quite your job when the employer or the union treat you poorly like you could before. In fact, we should make sure you can't even work for someone unless you agree to do whatever the rich union guy says! Sounds great! Or we can fight the rich, who supply us jobs and products, with a bunch of rich guys that take our money through taxes and take our freedoms......because thats whats best! We should follow in the footsteps of men like one of Anita Dunn's favorite political philosopher whom she turns to most often, Mao, and stop this rediculousness we call freedom! We may have to kill 70 million to do it like he did but isn't it worth it? Besides that would be 70 million less people destroying the world through thier added carbon! It would be a win/win scenerio!

Wasn't Stossel the guy who asked a pro-wrestler whether is was fake and got deafened by the guy?

That was Heraldo Rivera, get your quacks straight:P

That was Stossel:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Stossel#David_Schultz_incident
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Wasn't Stossel the guy who asked a pro-wrestler whether is was fake and got deafened by the guy?

That was Stossel:

I thought Rivera and Stossel were the same person.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I thought Rivera and Stossel were the same person.

I actually used to get them confused.:D
Once I could tell them apart, I liked Stossel, but not Rivera.
But after seeing that clip where Rivera got Bill O'Reilly so wound up we thought
old BIll's head was going to explode, I had to admire Rivera at least a little bit.:ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

John Stossel is the dark-haired, mustachioed Jewish guy in his 60's (now) on Fox who got clobbered by a professional "wrestler" during an interview.

Geraldo Rivera, on the other hand, is the dark-haired, mustachioed Hispanic/Jewish guy in his 60's on Fox who got his nose broken in a brawl on a trashy talk show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geraldo_brawl#Brawl
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geraldo_rivera#Talk_show_and_Satanism_special

I have no idea why people might get them confused.

Are you genuinely as obtuse as you portray yourself?
It's almost painful to watch you embarrass yourself in here on a daily basis.

It is you who should be embarrassed.

Admit it, you fucked up and posted that.

It speaks volumes.

Nothing obtuse about pointing out YOUR actions Andy.

Tiptoe away lawyer boy.

Yea! How dare people have the freedom to pay others what they want to or higher and fire who they want!

They're general guidelines that protect people who cannot do so for themselves based upon their status. SO you think a 40-hour workweek establishment is a bad thing, huh? And most states have laws that today exceed the FLSA guidelines, so I guess they're all wrong too. Hmmm, everyone's wrong but you, ok.

Freedom....who thought that would ever work? I mean, this country was founded on freedom ...

Try to get slave descendants to buy that oh so lovely argument.

...and as a result has become the richest country in the world ...

Per capita GDP we're 6th http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita

They call us 8th here http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top-ten/world-top-ten-richest-countries-map.html

In a gross sense we have the highest GDP, but factor that with population per capita and we're down there http://www.geohive.com/earth/ec_gdp2.aspx This illustrates our wealth disparity.

Highest standard of living didn't even make teh top 10 for the US http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top-ten/world-top-ten-quality-of-life-map.html Again, establishing the highest GDP translates to a low standard of living for most, a massive standard for a few.

...poor have cars, TV's, houses, and microwaves!

Right, sure they do.

Its where people come from all around the world to get medical care!

And where the US citizens in mass numbers cannot get HC absent an emergency. What a country.

Obviously freedom is complete junk!

Statistically your version is.

The only real way to fight against the rich is to pay our money to some rich guy to fight the rich guy and call it a union.

Statistically, closed shop states have much higher wages and much lower workplace mortality....ironically (not) these are almost all blue states.

These unions won't let you quite your job when the employer or the union treat you poorly like you could before. In fact, we should make sure you can't even work for someone unless you agree to do whatever the rich union guy says!

SCOTUS is likely foreign to you, but the labor org cannot impose themselves upon you in regard to demanding you take their representation for individual disputes.

Or we can fight the rich, who supply us jobs and products, with a bunch of rich guys that take our money through taxes and take our freedoms.....

Or we can level the playing field by way of taxation and fair workplace rules.

We may have to kill 70 million to do it like he did but isn't it worth it? Besides that would be 70 million less people destroying the world through thier added carbon! It would be a win/win scenerio!

Welcome to earth, enjoy your stay.

That was Stossel:

Yea, I found that later and posted it, I also found several sites that claimed it was Rivera. I posted them a ways back.

Hmmm seems to be a bit of Jew bashing by Andy huh?

I mean what the hell is someones religion being used as a description of them for?

Everyone knows who those two people are, so why even bring it up unless it is done for a basis of hatred?

Andy, the anti-semite lawyer.:S

Thx for your stark contribution to this thread, really, it is invaluable.

Hmmm seems to be a bit of Jew bashing by Andy huh?

I mean what the hell is someones religion being used as a description of them for?

Everyone knows who those two people are, so why even bring it up unless it is done for a basis of hatred?

Andy, the anti-semite lawyer.:S

dude, you are way off on this one.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

That was Stossel:

He picked the wrong guy to interview. Dr. Death had a well known temper. He certainly put the smackdown on John. :D

He should have asked if wrestling was choreographed, which is a lot closer to the truth than "fake".
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban