Gawain

Which City Will Win the Olympic Games in 2016

What's wrong with the President playing cheerleader ...

Our President should be a strong person.
Whom above all else, is dedicated to our Constitution.
And, our country's values, not his personal values.

Obama continues to be a disaster.
The whole world is making a mockery of him.
And, he wants to casually increase our national debt by $9T.
We are all engines of karma

But I am certain that no matter what happens, you will take it as further reason to hate him.

I don't see that.

HEY!!!!!

Get with the program dude!!!

Either you hate Obama or you are a racist!

Well? Which it is??

;)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

OK.... really why should this reflect so poorly on ONE MAN?! President Obama went to support an international event and to show US commitment to such an event.

Chicago didn't win.

Was that more to do with Obama's failure or Bush's blah blah blah or....

Or was Rio HONESTLY the best bid? I personally don't know what those voting on used as criterion, but until someone can say that Rio won because President Obama did ". . . . ", then I will believe that Rio de Janeiro won because it was the best option.

This wasn't a Republican or a Democrat thing. This was International. And MAYBE Chicago wasn't the best choice from an International standpoint.

Why do we have to bring down someone just because someone else was "better"?

I personally believe he diminished the office by going to Copenhagen.

Why?

He made a pitch, but ultimately, unless Rio's bid was not deemed credible for success, it was going to South America. If he hadn't gone, people would bitch and moan that he didn't use his international star power to further it.

As for following the examples of the past, SLC was known for bribery. Were you proposing Chicago stick to its established methods, or did you mean something else?

American cities have been able to earn "Host City" through their own merits, in the face of other countries that throw their royalty and top politicians at it. Chicago and its well known politics, corruption, crime had the cards stacked against it, and I'm surprised it made it to the final four.

Granted, SLC and Atlanta weren't "perfect" or "harmonious".

Now, in addition to all the political chaff being fired at President Obama, now everyone (and I mean everyone) now can assess his tact in matters that aren't political, and exploit it in future endeavors, such as, Iran, Congress...take your pick.

It wasn't Chicago that didn't make the pitch anymore. It was President Obama. He should not have involved himself or the office.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

It wasn't Chicago that didn't make the pitch anymore. It was President Obama. He should not have involved himself or the office.

Good point.

But I don't think that Iran will be thinking "ya know... he lost the bid for the 2016 Olympics.... lets attack."

He presented himself well. It was good PR. Chicago just didn't win.

>Dude, how did you reach that conclusion?

To review:

Livendive asked "What's wrong with the President playing cheerleader (to get the Olympics here)"

You replied:

>Our President should be a strong person.
>Whom above all else, is dedicated to our Constitution.
>And, our country's values, not his personal values.

Apparently that's why you think it's wrong for the President to try to get the Olympics here. Or were you answering someone else's question?

Why is it ok for every other country to send their leader to make the pitch, but not the US? I don't see King Juan Carlos getting much flak for being there.

As a matter of fact, wouldn't the US NOT sending our leader seem a sort of snub to the rest of the world, or at least to the IOC/competing nations?
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

>Either you hate Obama or you are a racist!

ODS kicking in again?

No, It is the DCSDS

(Democrats Cant Stand the Debate Syndrome)

Oh, and nice attempt at a "shut the hell "up comment:D

Will not work, but nice attempt:)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

OK.... really why should this reflect so poorly on ONE MAN?! President Obama went to support an international event and to show US commitment to such an event.

I disagree. Obama is a community organizer from Chicago.

Does he get to wear a cape with that title? ...I've always wanted to wear a cape...
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

>The president should not have involved himself, it seemed to be in
>very poor taste to have a sitting US President plead Chicago's case.

If he hadn't your post would have read "the president should have involved himself; it shows how uncaring he is that he couldn't even be bothered to try to help out the US after his term is over."

>Does that make you angry or proud of Obamacles?

Wrong once again Bill

Neither. But I am certain that no matter what happens, you will take it as further reason to hate him.

What's wrong with the President playing cheerleader for the US in an attempt to attract a sporting event with economic implications?

Personally, I don't see an unsuccessful effort as a negative for him. Better to try and fail than not try at all, especially when opponents are drooling for an opportunity to bash you over any failure.

He spent the first six months of his presidency, trashing everything about this country, if front of the rest of the world, which obviously means that he despises the country, which he has been chosen to lead..
All of sudden, Chicago is the best city in the world.

Then, there's the fact that too many of his staff are from Chicago, and considering the whole mentality of corruption, and the potential underhanded deals, waiting to be made, Obama's best bet, would have been to steer completely clear of that mess.

Why do we have to bring down someone just because someone else was "better"?

In Obama's case, they should have given him a ball cap, for participating...I'd hate for him to feel rejected, and run off and find some accepting radicals, to warp his mind.

Obama is was a community organizer from Chicago.

Fixed it for you. Obama IS the President of the US, much as some people wish he wasn't. Sometimes that job requires the President to be an advocate for US interests. kbordson is absolutely correct.

It's interesting that right-wingers always bring up the "community organizer" job when they want to characterize Obama's previous life. Why not mention "Professor of Constitutional Law at the University of Chicago", or "President of the Harvard Law Review"? Those are also things he has been/done. I guess they don't have quite the taint that "community organizer" does in certain circles. Makes him sound too respectible and accomplished.

Don

Wow. What a bunch of navel gazing.
-The rest of the world doesn't see anything unusual about the Prez cheerleading for an American city.
-The rest of the world does not see Chicago as one of the worlds more corrupt places, nor does it have a crime rate that even remotely compares with places like Rio.
For example the homicide rate last year was 33/100 000 down from 39/ source versus Chicago at 18/100 000 up from 15.6 source.

Oh really? Which part of the world, f. e.?

Perhaps, you just confused him with good old GWB? :P

Yet again. To "both sides"

This wasn't a "black eye" to President Obama. NOR was it a reflection on prior President Bush. But nice attempt to spin.

Rio won. That's it. With what ever reasons they used - Rio was best.

This wasn't a "black eye" to President Obama. NOR was it a reflection on prior President Bush. But nice attempt to spin.

Rio won. That's it. With what ever reasons they used - Rio was best the winner.

Don't confuse winning with "best", no matter what the criteria.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Don't forget that some posters response are not to be viewed as logic.

It's odd to see all the conservatives celebrating the loss of the Olympics. Once upon a time they were the pro-America side; now they cheer America's losses.

Beck: "sweet news" that the US lost

Malkin: "This is a big win"

John McCormack: "Via Drudge, the BBC reports that Chicago was eliminated in the first round of the IOC meeting in Copenhagen. Cheers erupt at WEEKLY STANDARD headquarters."

One can only wonder how happy conservatives will be if there is another major terrorist attack. As long as it makes Obama look bad, of course.

Don't forget that some posters response are not to be viewed as logic.

So, why do you still post, then?

dudeist skydiver # 3105