robskydiv

Balance of Wealth

Also, the real robbers are the government officials who are rediculously rich off of our hard work. We can chose to buy or not buy a particular product so a business doesn't take our money as some would claim.....the fed does. You have no choice but to give 35-40% of your money to the government! Even God didn't ask for more than 10%!

The gov is the savior, corporations fuck the country, the gov bails them out. The gov ran the wars, legitimate and illegitimate, they bailout corps when they go corrupt. The gov is not the problem here.

>Actually, income shouldn't be involved at all. A consumption tax is all we need.

OK. It's still money you cannot avoid giving to the government. (And yes, I agree that a consumption tax is a viable alternative to income tax, with a few caveats.)

Of course it would have to quadruple to make up for lost income, property and other taxes, which would dissuade purchasing.

>You can't really "prove" that belief.

I can prove it in any number of cases. Given a large enough list of examples and I could get as close as you like to a number.

Bill Gates? Used someone else's code. Irwin Jacobs? Developed CDMA, but Hedy Lamarr thought of it first. Even Issac Newton, one of the most legendary and accomplished scientists of all time, once said that "if I have been able to see further than others, it is because I have stood on the shoulders of giants."

Now, there may well be someone born in the wilds of Alaska who took a shovel onto land no one owned, dug and dug, discovered gold, paid for the claim with the gold, and made millions. If such a person exists (and they may well exist) then you've got an example of someone who did it by himself with no help whatsoever.

Do you have such an example?

Yeah, whatever. Look the info up or don't, I don't really give a fuck.

As I stated, I look at your data as meaningless for the rare occassions that you post data as you don't cite your source. If you had just looked it up you could post it via looking thru your history. Let's face it, the data is incorrect.

I posted mine, a very objective source, you claimed an objecctive source and failed to cite that source. I would love to see your cite, otherwise I dismiss it as factually irrelevant and unfounded.

I've already told you where it's at - if you're too lazy to type www.irs.gov into your browser and hit enter, then too bad.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

As I stated, I look at your data as meaningless for the rare occassions that you post data as you don't cite your source. If you had just looked it up you could post it via looking thru your history. Let's face it, the data is incorrect.

I posted mine, a very objective source, you claimed an objecctive source and failed to cite that source. I would love to see your cite, otherwise I dismiss it as factually irrelevant and unfounded.

I've already told you where it's at - if you're too lazy to type www.irs.gov into your browser and hit enter, then too bad.

It's your claim, you post 1 citation as I did with 2 or just be dismssed as irrelevant.

It's your claim, you post 1 citation as I did with 2 or just be dismssed as irrelevant.

I really don't give a flying fuck what YOU 'dismiss' or not. If you want the info, go to the website. I don't feel like crawling through all the info and summarizing it again.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I really don't give a flying fuck what YOU 'dismiss' or not. If you want the info, go to the website. I don't feel like crawling through all the info and summarizing it again.

Now you get angry....that tells a lot of the accuracy of the data. I guess you're not used to posting data so you didn't think to post the url; it's so odd for you to post the citation.

Anyway, I posted mine, I call shenanigans on yours, it's your ref, you post or we ignore. If you had a point to make you would.

Now you get angry....that tells a lot of the accuracy of the data.

Yeah, I know....I mean, what the fuck would the IRS know about tax info, anyway?

I guess you're not used to posting data so you didn't think to post the url; it's so odd for you to post the citation.

Yeah, whatever you say, Lucky.

Anyway, I posted mine, I call shenanigans on yours, it's your ref, you post or we I ignore.

As I said above - look it up yourself, or not - I gives a damn.

(Oh - fixed that for you)

If you had a point to make you would.

Already did, thanks.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Yeah, I know....I mean, what the fuck would the IRS know about tax info, anyway?

You didn't post IRS data, you posted numbers and made the unsubstantiated claim that the data was from them.

Yeah, whatever you say, Lucky.

That's empirical.

Right, as you said before, you don't post data, just opinion. Posting so-called data that has nbo source is the same as posting opinion due to the fact that it cannot be impeached, hence it is dismissed as unsupported, irrelevant opinion.

Already did, thanks.

And that point is that you don't post data and/or source.

You didn't post IRS data, you posted numbers and made the unsubstantiated claim that the data was from them.

Then go to the website and find it - if you're too lazy to do that, doom on you.

Right, as you said before, you don't post data, just opinion. Posting so-called data that has nbo source is the same as posting opinion due to the fact that it cannot be impeached, hence it is dismissed as unsupported, irrelevant opinion.

I've posted the link several times before, and I don't care to do your homework for you. Search it out or don't, I don't care what you 'dismiss' or not.

Already did, thanks.

And that point is that you don't post data and/or source.

*yawn*

I gave the numbers and the source - if you don't care to go verify them for yourself, that's YOUR problem.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

If I want to experience Africa LIVE, I just have to travel 10 mi. to South Fulton (Atlanta).

Hyperbole.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

No millionaire ever got that way without the help of a LOT of people. They are the ones that should drop to their knees and be thankful for the support they've already received.

Define "the help of a LOT of people."

I am a multi-millionaire, and I think I did it pretty much on my own.

Cool. You didn't attend a public high school or grade school, you never drove on a public road or visited a public library, never crossed a bridge paid for by the public, never benefitted from any knowledge generated in a National Lab or public university or funded by the DoE, NSF or NIH. Never used municipal
water or sewer systems, never benefited from the existence of a police department, never flew on an airline using ATC services...

I'm impressed.

Wow thats total BS! Those services did not help him become wealthy:S They do make life easyer for all of us but your way off base!

What a foolish response. Of course they did.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Wow thats total BS! Those services did not help him become wealthy:S They do make life easyer for all of us but your way off base!

what a foolish response - they'd only 'help' him if they were provided to him disproportionately than they were provided to anyone else - since all the people ahd these items, they resulted in the neither an advantage nor a disadvantage relative to others

did the government provide him with his personal roads? or with his personal school?

maybe in a left wing administration we'd see preferential disposition of services,.... then you might be right... the left made these people unfairly rich..

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

what a foolish response - they'd only 'help' him if they were provided to him disproportionately than they were provided to anyone else - since all the people ahd these items, they resulted in the neither an advantage nor a disadvantage relative to others
did the government provide him with his personal roads? or with his personal school?
maybe in a left wing administration we'd see preferential disposition of services,.... then you might be right... the left made these people unfairly rich..

No. It has nothing to do with preferential treatment or use, but everything to do with the fact that nobody succeeds in life without the benefits the society (aka a LOT of other people) provides them.

I've said it before, the richest people in the US ought to drop to their knees every day and thank the rest of America for what it has provided them. Instead, they usually bitch about paying taxes.

Go figure that one out.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

>they'd only 'help' him if they were provided to him disproportionately
>than they were provided to anyone else . . .

So if a teacher spent a lot of effort trying to help you understand something, you would not consider it help unless it only went to you, or to you and a subset of students?

That seems an odd exclusion.

So if a teacher spent a lot of effort trying to help you understand something, you would not consider it help unless it only went to you, or to you and a subset of students?

it's "help", but that same help goes to everyone, so how can you claim that it made or broke someone's success?

Do you discount the same help given by a teacher that works in a private school? that seems to be an odd exclusion.....

you guys are being obtuse on purpose

if we all get benefit A, and someone still outperforms the rest of the pack - you cannot assign their success to benefit A

the only thing you can say is "everyone got benefit A"

benny A is part of the package, buts it's not the cause - look for another KPIV

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

seems you'd have everyone on their knees thanking each other all the time

i'd rather they just get to work/play/life instead of praying constantly and feeling guilty about being a useful contributor to society

scratch that - if we all crash to our knees at every single person we meet all the time just to say 'thanks for doing whatever the hell it is you do' then I could make a fortune designing and selling reinforce garments. That and orthopedic surgical tools.

that would be great

>it's "help"

OK cool we agree there.

> but that same help goes to everyone, so how can you claim that it
> made or broke someone's success?

?? Again, if a doctor saved your life as a kid, and allowed you to go on to achieve great things, isn't that an example of him helping you? Even if he would have done it for most kids?

>Do you discount the same help given by a teacher that works in a
>private school?

Nope, not at all.

>f we all get benefit A, and someone still outperforms the rest of the
>pack - you cannot assign their success to benefit A

Of course, and no one claimed that their success was due solely to that benefit. But benefit A may have well been PART of their success. Without it they may have failed. Or they may have succeeded; hard to say.

Which is why I asked for the example from Karen. If she has an example of someone who did not use benefit A (or B, or C etc) then that's a good counterargument.

seems you'd have everyone on their knees thanking each other all the time
i'd rather they just get to work/play/life instead of praying constantly and feeling guilty about being a useful contributor to society

scratch that - if we all crash to our knees at every single person we meet all the time just to say 'thanks for doing whatever the hell it is you do' then I could make a fortune designing and selling reinforce garments. That and orthopedic surgical tools.
that would be great

Who do you think you're quoting? I never said that.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

>if we all crash to our knees at every single person we meet all the time
>just to say 'thanks for doing whatever the hell it is you do' then I could
>make a fortune designing and selling reinforce garments.

Too much trouble. Perhaps start a "stop thanking veterans" campaign. Everyone benefits from the military; why waste your time on your knees when you could be posting?

Thank a teacher for the fact that you can read and write. Thank Tim Berners-Lee that you can access the web. Thank Willem that you can post in this forum.

NOBODY succeeds entirely on their own.

Anyone who thinks they succeeded entirely by their own efforts is a knave or a fool.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

you guys are being obtuse on purpose

Yup.
No debate to be had here.

Just a series of "you should thank..... your parents, your spouse, your teachers, your co-workers, the soldiers for your ability to voice opinions that can't be proven, the construction workers for building the road, the people at McD's (even if you never eat there, cuz SOMEONE DOES... and that way YOU don't have to cook for EVERYBODY), the hairdressers, tired TV producers, insurance salesmen, personnel officers, security guards, management consultants, telephone sanitizers... even that that poor homeless person that stands in front of Starbucks"

NOBODY deserves what they have cuz it was ALL just given to them by "the masses"

If you have ANYTHING - you OBVIOUSLY didn't work for it. You ABSOLUTELY don't deserve it. And you can bet someone would be MORE THAN WILLING to take it from you to help you with your "burden" of unearned success.

NOTE: this is ALL sarcasm - spelled that out