funjumper101

The hypocrisy of tea party conservatives

You know what would be amazing?

If we could stop pointing fingers long enough to realize that we're still shoveling ourselves into deeper and deeper holes. And start shoveling the other way.

In my opinion, the modern debt was the creation of Ronald Reagan, who was the first politician to realize he could have the cake and eat it, too, by just borrowing more cake. Everyone since then has followed along (and to be fair, there was a very small amount before that).

But you know what? That really doesn't matter at this point. What matters is that we stop digging ourselves deeper, and start digging ourselves out.

In that regard, I see very few politicians, from either party, who are interested in actually helping. But I see a lot of grass roots tea party folks who understand that main issue, and want to help.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

But I see a lot of grass roots tea party folks who understand that main issue, and want to help.

Disagree. They are a bunch of hypocrites who just want to complain about Obama. Next Republican spendthrift in the White House and they will quiet down again.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

But I see a lot of grass roots tea party folks who understand that main issue, and want to help.

Disagree. They are a bunch of hypocrites who just want to complain about Obama. Next Republican spendthrift in the White House and they will quiet down again.

I doubt it. Just from people I've talked to, it seems like in general those folks aren't particularly fond of either party.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

There's your hypocrisy, QED.

Grammar school mid 70's. A big kid took my ice cream money and I didn't do anything about it. The second time I complained but didn't resist. The third time I buried my knee in his nuts and clocked him with a text book. Was I hypocritical because I had to reach a breaking point? No.

Before the time-out go tell a teacher pussies start complaining, I guess I was conservative even then because I handled my own fucking problems.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

So you believe that the spending policies without the revenues are appropriate?

If you think trillion dollar deficits are appropriate then I've lost respect for you.

If you think they are not appropriate then I've lost even more respect because you are being a party partisan toadie.

What's wrong I'd wrong. Even if everybody does it.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Grammar school mid 70's. A big kid took my ice cream money and I didn't do anything about it. The second time I complained but didn't resist. The third time I buried my knee in his nuts and clocked him with a text book.

Hypocrite! How dare you assault that poor boy?! You obviously gave your consent the first time, so how could you expect him to leave you alone after that?
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I doubt it. Just from people I've talked to, it seems like in general those folks aren't particularly fond of either party.

Having attended a few of these events in the past (which I doubt kallend has), I'd agree. There was no "official" republican presence at the July 4th event in Hartford, and quite a few people bashing Bush right along with Obama.

At the one I attended in Arlington, TX there was a few people from a local GOP-affiliated group asking people to sign up for a newsletter. They weren't asked to leave, but they certainly weren't getting much attention from any of the people attending.

If you loathe Bush's spending and deficits but refuse to acknowledge the record shattering deficits by Obama, wouldn't that exactly fit your definition of hypocracy?

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

You know what would be amazing?

If we could stop pointing fingers long enough to realize that we're still shoveling ourselves into deeper and deeper holes. And start shoveling the other way.

In my opinion, the modern debt was the creation of Ronald Reagan, who was the first politician to realize he could have the cake and eat it, too, by just borrowing more cake. Everyone since then has followed along (and to be fair, there was a very small amount before that).

But you know what? That really doesn't matter at this point. What matters is that we stop digging ourselves deeper, and start digging ourselves out.

In that regard, I see very few politicians, from either party, who are interested in actually helping. But I see a lot of grass roots tea party folks who understand that main issue, and want to help.

I agree, but we have to look at the past in order to learn how to construct the future. I think Obama has done a great job not attacking the right. But aside from that, I do agree and you are right, we have to come together and understand neutral agendas. One agenda we need to establish is that everyone has to have access to health coverage, however we do it.

We need to reduce our military, as we match the rest of teh world dollar for dollar and it just isn't neccessary. I still want the best military in the world, but not 8 times that of #2.

We really do need to work together and the people pulling at polar agendas need to be sat down, these are critical times that call for level-headed resolve.

But to learn how we have erred in the past we need to understand that when taxes were cut, things went to hell, not assigning blame to people or party, you're right, let's look at the process not the people or the party.

Let's use history not as a blaming tool, but as a record by which we learn how to become better. Again, it is sociopathic for anyone, whoever, wherever, to think that all American people should not have access to medical care that is limited to asperin and bandaids and isn't cost prohibitive. We need to start putting our people before our corporations.

Well, they want to avoid the dissemination of health coverage. I don't see these tea partyers talking about cutting the military and opening channels of health coverage, that's what makes me dissmiss the tea partiers. Their agenda isn't saving America, it's staying status quo; of course they would never admit that, but their message seems clear.

Right, the tea partyers are a loudmouth version of the swift boat campaign.

If you loathe Bush's spending and deficits but refuse to acknowledge the record shattering deficits by Obama, wouldn't that exactly fit your definition of hypocracy?

The record-shattering deficits are as a result of the mess he inherited. Are you trying to say he is pissing money away? If so, which program and how much? Again, the healthcare deal is a proposal. As this side of teh issue has it, we just didn't hear this clammering when the previous admins were spending insane amounts of money on the elusive Commies waiting in the balance for a chance to pounce, which we now know was hysterical craziness. And when Bush wanted to enter that mess in the ME that has cost us 1T to date we again didn't hear the clammering; where were the tea partiers then???? The message and agenda is dilluted big time by their abscense, in fact, these were the same people poo-pooing Cindy Sheehan, so this message of save America is one of save America's credit cards for when we're back in power.

I agree, but we have to look at the past in order to learn how to construct the future.

Agreed, which is why I disagree with Obama's policies - it's more of the same.

I think Obama has done a great job not attacking the right.

He's been better than some, but given the current state of politics in Washington, that's not a compliment by any means.

But aside from that, I do agree and you are right, we have to come together and understand neutral agendas. One agenda we need to establish is that everyone has to have access to health coverage, however we do it.

I think everyone agrees on that, it's just that the argument is over how to do it. TEA party people don't think the government is the solution. Given government's history in solving problems, especially fiscal problems, I'd say they have a pretty strong argument in not letting the government take it over. And I'll disagree with the "however we do it" comment as well. Is it worth destroying the dollar and taking the entire US economy along with it?

We need to reduce our military, as we match the rest of teh world dollar for dollar and it just isn't neccessary. I still want the best military in the world, but not 8 times that of #2 .

Agreed. Not pissing off the rest of the world by interfering with other people's business would probably be a good step in that direction as well by reducing the need for such a large military (Non-interventionism, not isolationism, before someone tries to go that route with it).

We really do need to work together and the people pulling at polar agendas need to be sat down, these are critical times that call for level-headed resolve.

I think all solutions need to be considered for health care "reform". Most in congress aren't willing to consider solutions that don't involve themselves - which is a deal-breaker in my mind. They're not willing to consider researching the idea and testing some of it small scale before trying to implement something nationwide - it's an all-or-nothing approach. This makes me believe they're more interested in having more control than getting positive results.

Also, if the program was to be a massive failure, do you think they'd change it or just let it run itself into the ground under the weight of massive debt ? (think Medicare and Social Security on this one)

But to learn how we have erred in the past we need to understand that when taxes were cut, things went to hell, not assigning blame to people or party, you're right, let's look at the process not the people or the party.

Is it possible that things went to crap because spending wasn't cut along with them? If tax cuts were the problem, then things should have been getting better since for the last 100 years or so as taxes have gradually increased to their present ridiculous amounts.

Let's use history not as a blaming tool, but as a record by which we learn how to become better.

Sadly, this attitude is not present in the current congress (on either side) at all. They'd rather keep people's focus on immaterial bickering than the fact that they really, really, suck at their jobs (all of them).

Again, it is sociopathic for anyone, whoever, wherever, to think that all American people should not have access to medical care that is limited to asperin and bandaids and isn't cost prohibitive. We need to start putting our people before our corporations.

Again, I don't think anyone, especially the Tea Party people want to see anyone go without. They simply believe that whatever the answer is, politicians aren't it.

Well, they want to avoid the dissemination of health coverage.

I think most of them see the failure that is Medicare and don't want it forced upon the rest of the country.

I don't see these tea partiers talking about cutting the military and opening channels of health coverage, that's what makes me dissmiss the tea partiers.

Everyone has priorities, and the health care issue is the current one for these groups. Can't throw the car into reverse without stopping first. Is your dismissal of them for this a reason or an excuse?

There agenda isn't saving America, it's staying status quo; of course they would never admit that, but their message seems clear.

Government involvement in everything is the status quo. These people don't want to see more of it, but less of it.

The record-shattering deficits are as a result of the mess he inherited.

So spending waaay more money is the solution to spending too much money? How does that work? How does one spend their way out of debt?

Are you trying to say he is pissing money away?

Yes, and so did Bush. He seems to be doing it at a much faster rate. Doesn't make either of them right, but it does make one worse than the other - the degree of which isn't worth arguing.

If so, which program and how much?

GM, Chrysler bailouts to "prevent the collapse of the auto industry if they filed bankruptcy", which they did, and which didn't happen. What was that, 30 billion dollars down the drain? Almost as bad as TARP, AIG, etc..

Again, the healthcare deal is a proposal. As this side of teh issue has it, we just didn't hear this clammering when the previous admins were spending insane amounts of money on the elusive Commies waiting in the balance for a chance to pounce, which we now know was hysterical craziness.

Agreed. We didn't go blowing shit up when there were missles in Cuba, yet now North Korea is a serious threat to the US?

And when Bush wanted to enter that mess in the ME that has cost us 1T to date we again didn't hear the clammering; where were the tea partiers then????

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Where are the anti-war activists now? Not seeing a whole lot of anti-war stuff out of the dems lately.

The message and agenda is dilluted big time by their abscense, in fact, these were the same people poo-pooing Cindy Sheehan, so this message of save America is one of save America's credit cards for when we're back in power.

Once again, is this your reason or your excuse to dismiss them?

The record-shattering deficits are as a result of the mess he inherited.

Hmmm. That's like saying battered wine are as a resukt of them not shutting up.

Act one way. Blakme someone else. That's fucking juvenile.

Are you trying to say he is pissing money away? If so, which program and how much?

Yep. Much of it is not his fault - rather that fault of congress, LBJ and FDR.

But see the spending increases. It's breathtaking.

[Reply] which we now know was hysterical craziness.

We won the Cold War. Get over it. See "JFK" and moon program.

[Reply]And when Bush wanted to enter that mess in the ME that has cost us 1T to date we again didn't hear the clammering; where were the tea partiers then????

I heard it. See kallend's and others' posts about military spending in the US.

[Reply]The message and agenda is dilluted big time by their abscense, in fact, these were the same people poo-pooing Cindy Sheehan, so this message of save America is one of save America's credit cards for when we're back in power.

Absence? It was there. From those on your side.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Just the same as we see right here in this forum. Folks who sat on their hands when Bush was prez, but suddenly find fiscal responsibility when a Dem is in the White House.

Then the people that spent 8 years bitching about the wasted money while Bush was President and are now sitting on their hands are even WORSE hypocrites.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Kallend posted the link to this. The content is sure to piss off the righies, as the facts presented are indisputable.

Begin quoted text >>>

The Tea Party Express has hit Washington and while there are many sincere people involved in the Tea Party protests and they have valid points to make about government spending, the entire movement is stained by the fact that its organized by conservatives who are the ones responsible for the mess in the first place and who haven't to this day, taken responsibility for their own mistakes and the economic mess they created by letting George W Bush get away with his disastrous policies.

The problem for the sincere Tea Party protesters is the entire movement is conservative organized which. unfortunately completely undermines iits credibility.

It was the conservatives who, after 8 years of the greatest economic expansion in history during the Clinton years, came to power and intentionally undid everything Clinton did, reversing all of Clinton's policies. And anyone with half a brain knows that if you do the opposite of anything you will get the opposite results. And that's what the Republicans did. And that's what the country got. Now the conservatives are shaking their baby rattles and complaining.

It was a conservative Republican administration and a conservative Republican congress who blew a $5 1/2 trillion budget surplus. They destroyed the balanced budget they inherited, and after Clinton had eliminated the deficit, they exploded the deficit to record levels with their war and tax policies.

It was a conservative Republican government that took the country from the greatest economic expansion in history, lowest unemployment in 40 years, a balanced budget and record surpluses to deficits, unemployment and the greatest economic crisis since the 1930's.

So during these Tea Party protests conservatives are showing why the word "hypocrite" should be part of the dictionary definition of conservative.

They said nothing and did nothing while Bush and the Republican congress were getting the country into deeper and deeper trouble. The conservatives who organize the Tea Party protests sat on their hands and did nothing. They did nothing when the balanced budget was destroyed, nothing when Bush exploded the deficit, nothing when Bush cut taxes instead of raising them to pay for the war he started.

This means that nothing the conservative organizers have to say can or should be taken seriously or be seen as anything other than cheap partisan politics. And that is too bad since there are legitimate issues to be dealt with. And while not everyone who is protesting is a conservative, the protests bear the conservative stamp. And that is the Kiss of Death. Because conservatives forfeited their right to be taken seriously by playing Hear No Evil ,See No Evil ,Speak No Evil during 8 years of the disastrous Bush Administration.

They proved there are no real principles behind the organizing of these protests even if some of the people who join them do so out of principle. But for the organizers its only a lust for power and their motivation is politics.

When Bush became the first President in history to take the country to war and cut taxes at the same time they said nothing. They just happily took their tax cuts, supported the unnecessary war in Iraq and were happy not to pay for it and pass the cost along. Exactly what they are complaining about now. They simply don't want to pay for their mistakes. But they will, like it or not. Which is why the Tea Party protests from conservatives have not so much to do with tea but with whine.

If the legitimate Tea Party protestors want to be taken seriously they are going to have to split from the conservative Republican organizers of the movement who have no credibility. As long as the Tea Party protests are conservative organized and motivated they will never be taken seriously by the only people in congress who matter -- the Democrats who control both houses.

The Tea Party conservatives not only don't want to pay for their mistakes they don't want to admit they even made mistakes while Bush and the Republicans ran the country's economy into the ground. Instead they want to blame the current president and the current congress.

It isn't a coincidence that now that the Democrats are in power these fiscally concerned conservatives have suddenly found their voice.

The honest Tea Party protestors will need to divorce themselves from any affiliation with Republicans or conservatives, the people who created the problem in the first place and did nothing, if they want to be taken seriously.. Otherwise the only thing these protesters can expect in the end is a lot of tea but no sympathy.

I don't want to look at this and turn it into a who blames who discussion on the economy. The point for me is that this is a group of people complaining about spending. I don't care if they are black, white, purple, orange, republican, domocrat, independent, whatever. The fact remains that these people, who are supposed to be unbiased and only demonstrating because they don't like government spending look awfully biased when all of the sudden a government that has had a huge spending problem for the past 4 if not the whole 8 years now has what they consider a 'spending problem' when they didn't make a peep over the spending for the past 8 years. It just discredits the base behind their whole argument and makes it a little hard for me to view them outside of the group of people that are just disgruntled over Obama no matter what he does. This article is ridden with a lot of opinion, but this is the situation that sticks out to me even before I read this article.
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

So you believe that the spending policies without the revenues are appropriate?

If you think trillion dollar deficits are appropriate then I've lost respect for you.

If you think they are not appropriate then I've lost even more respect because you are being a party partisan toadie.

What's wrong I'd wrong. Even if everybody does it.

Where did I approve of deficits? Link to any post I've made approving of big deficits?

I'm DISAPPROVING of hypocrites, and if the shoe fits, so be it.

Gettting out of the wreckage of 20 years of Voodoo Economics was never going to be cheap.

You DO know that much of the spending you criticize as Obama's was instituted by Paulson, right?

Where did I approve of deficits? Link to any post I've made approving of big deficits?

I'm DISAPPROVING of hypocrites, and if the shoe fits, so be it.

The real question John is 'are you out there being vocal about it?...protesting it in the streets?'

By your own definition if you aren't your being hyopcritical.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

In Reply To
And when Bush wanted to enter that mess in the ME that has cost us 1T to date we again didn't hear the clammering; where were the tea partiers then????

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Where are the anti-war activists now? Not seeing a whole lot of anti-war stuff out of the dems lately.

I'll say this again though I already said it in another thread somewhere-- Most of the Dem's that got the title "Anti-war" were in fact not anti-war.... they were just anti-war without a cause. Now that we're fighting in Afghanistan we have a cause, which should have been our cause during the Bush administration, to get Bin Laden and the guys who caused 9/11.
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

Hmmm. That's like saying battered wine are as a resukt of them not shutting up.

Act one way. Blakme someone else. That's fucking juvenile.

You don't type very well late at night. ;)

Yea, I had battered wine at the State Fair last year, it was awsome with whiskey shooters. :P

Just the same as we see right here in this forum. Folks who sat on their hands when Bush was prez, but suddenly find fiscal responsibility when a Dem is in the White House.

Ever hear of tipping point....or 100th monkey theory? Doesn't mean people didn't care before...it just took time (and actions) to create the tipping point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundredth_Monkey

Oh, I see, Bush and Reagan added 99 monkeys and that was OK with the right wingers.