tbrown

I Suppose We Should Thank Joe Wilson

I suppose we should thank Congressman Joe Wilson for exposing the depravity the Republican Partei is willing to sink to.

In all my life, I have NEVER heard a member of Congress call the President of the United States a liar during a joint session of Congress. Not to Kennedy, LBJ, Nixon (who was a liear...), Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush Sr. Clinton (another real life liar), or Bush II. None of them. No Democrat, no Republican, ever displayed such a vile or venomous display to an elected President.

But this is what the Republicans - a party of liars - are willing to sink to. A party so obsessed with power and so enraged at the loss of power because the electorate finally got wise to them, that their number 1 mission is to wreck any administration but their own.

But then there's nothing new about this either, it's only been a few years since Vice President cheney told Senator Patrick Leahy to "fuck off" on the floor of the US Senate.

The Republicans seem to need to have their mouths publicly washed out with a bar of Ivory Soap. They are a disgusting and foul mouthed gaggle, unworthy of any public forum until they can learn some manners.

In the meantime, I think speaker Pelosi might have the option of expelling Congressman Jones for his behavior - Congress DOES have the right to make and enforce its own rules. Jones hould be thrown out the door on his ass.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

And the icing on the cake is that Wilson is the liar:

http://mediamattersaction.org/factcheck/200909090009

Y'all are funny.

Do you really believe that any politician has been 100% truthful all his/her life? ANY one of them lies on a daily basis. Time to take off your rose colored GOP hating glasses and join reality.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Y'all are funny.

Do you really believe that any politician has been 100% truthful all his/her life? ANY one of them lies on a daily basis. Time to take off your rose colored GOP hating glasses and join reality.

You can't see that it is where and how he said it that outrageous.
He totally disrespected the office of the President and the houses of congress.

Y'all are funny.

I don't' give a damn what party someone is with.
I think Ron Paul is as good as they get, and he is in the GOP.
I think Pelosi is a waste of space, and she is a Democrat.
The fact is the majority of the politicians who have been making complete asses of themselves lately, come from the GOP.
Deal with it.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

The out burst was in bad form.

ABC made a point of not only mentioning the out burst but also that the POTUS called the GOP and some members Liars as well. Some thing they said was not done in the past either, maybe it is a case of ground breaking one up-manship?

I am glad I am not a member of either party and do not subscribe to any of the shinanigans.

Too bad the two parties are going to screw things up worse than they ever have before over these petty little squables.

Both parties are morally corrupt and finacially inept, and as soon as they all admit they are on the same page "in the end state", just on a different path to getting there we will all be much better off.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Wilson is a douche for heckling the President. Maybe he was thinking, "They do it in Europe. We should heckle here, too."

And when is our President gonna look away from the teleprompter and start riffing? Try that heckle stuff with Reagan and he'd ruin you. Clinton wouldn't put up with it. They'd both have defused it with some self-deprecating comment and made Wilson look like a fool.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Y'all are funny.

I don't' give a damn what party someone is with.
I think Ron Paul is as good as they get, and he is in the GOP.
I think Pelosi is a waste of space, and she is a Democrat.
The fact is the majority of the politicians who have been making complete asses of themselves lately, come from the GOP.
Deal with it.

Here is a link to the video of where and why . . .

I agree that it was bad form, but the POTUS had just finished doing exactly the same thing to the majority of the GOP.

The hard part that noone can seem to grasp is that even though it was bad form, it was a truthful statement.

And to Matt:
Both parties are morally corrupt and finacially inept and the inverse is correct as well; the parties are morrally inept and financially corrupt.

Edited to correct link syntax
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

...the POTUS called the GOP and some members Liars as well.

There is a difference between calling a specific person a liar, and saying that people who knowingly spread falsehoods about health care reform, so as to sow fear and gain political advantage, are telling lies. Obama did not "name names", he called out a behavior, and the only people who are tarnished as liars are the ones who have engaged in that behavior. If the shoe fits, as the saying goes.

Don

I agree that it was bad form, but the POTUS had just finished doing exactly the same thing to the majority of the GOP.

The hard part that noone can seem to grasp is that even though it was bad form, it was a truthful statement.

And to Matt:
Both parties are morally corrupt and finacially inept and the inverse is correct as well; the parties are morrally inept and financially corrupt.

In that video Obama says:
1. The "death panel" stories are false.
2. Illegal immigrants will not be insured in the proposal.

Both true.
So what is your point???
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

...the POTUS called the GOP and some members Liars as well.

There is a difference between calling a specific person a liar, and saying that people who knowingly spread falsehoods about health care reform, so as to sow fear and gain political advantage, are telling lies. Obama did not "name names", he called out a behavior, and the only people who are tarnished as liars are the ones who have engaged in that behavior. If the shoe fits, as the saying goes.

Don

What group of people is the POTUS? How could he NOT single him out when he is the one that just delivered the lie? How would it be possible to claim that it was a group of people? How could it NOT be directed to that lone individual?

And to Matt:

In that video Obama says:
1. The "death panel" stories are false.
2. Illegal immigrants will not be insured in the proposal.

Both true.
So what is your point???

He said, "The reforms . . . the reforms I am proposing would not apply to those that are here illegally."

That is a lie.

He said, "The reforms . . . the reforms I am proposing would not apply to those that are here illegally."

That is a lie.

I provided a link that says it is true.
Please provide evidence to the contrary.

Edited to add full text of HR 3200:
http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h3200/text

They'd both have defused it with some self-deprecating comment and made Wilson look like a fool.

Completely unnecessary when Wilson already did it himself. I'd say the best course of action would be to not even have acknowledged it with anything other than a furrowed brow.

Wilson proved he didn't understand "the rules" of politics. He'll be paying for that until he's unseated.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I suppose we should thank Congressman Joe Wilson for exposing the depravity the Republican Partei is willing to sink to.

Don't forget to thank Assemblyman Mike Duvall (R) for reminding us what hypocrisy means.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

That is a lie.

Here.

:D:D

Ya, while it was in poor taste and judgment you seem to be demonstrating the same thoughts
:D

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2009/09/10/flashback_democrats_boo_bush_at_2005_state_of_the_union.html

And then there is this

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/02/obama-accused-clinton-telling-bald-faced-lies/

And, to be clear, Wilso IS telling the truth calling Obama a liar.

while it may not specificaly spell out the coverage for them the no enforcement policy he has pushed effectively does the same thing.

I think we should thank you
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

That is a lie.

Here.

That is the same HR 3200 I referenced, and includes:

SEC. 246. NO FEDERAL PAYMENT FOR UNDOCUMENTED ALIENS.
Nothing in this subtitle shall allow Federal payments
for affordability credits on behalf of individuals who are
not lawfully present in the United States.

So what is your point???

Ya, while it was in poor taste and judgment you seem to be demonstrating the same thoughts

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2009/09/10/flashback_democrats_boo_bush_at_2005_state_of_the_union.html

And then there is this

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/02/obama-accused-clinton-telling-bald-faced-lies/

while it may not specificaly spell out the coverage for them the no enforcement policy he has pushed effectively does the same thing.

Both the House and Senate health care bills as they are now drafted would make illegal aliens ineligible for federally funded health care.

And that IS that.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>SEC. 246. NO FEDERAL PAYMENT FOR UNDOCUMENTED ALIENS.
>Nothing in this subtitle shall allow Federal payments
>for affordability credits on behalf of individuals who are
>not lawfully present in the United States.

You're making the perhaps unwarranted assumption that Joe Wilson actually read it. As far as I can tell, most republicans get all their information from Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Michelle Malkin, Sarah Palin and Sean Hannity. (Which explains things like the "death boards.")

And then there is this

Both the House and Senate health care bills as they are now drafted would make illegal aliens ineligible for federally funded health care.

And that IS that.

I need the rolling eyes to reply to you but, since there is not one here I will laugh

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

And that IS that.

I need the rolling eyes to reply to you but, since there is not one here I will laugh

Come now, Kallend said it, it has to be taken as God's word now.

So you and Turtle have copies of secret plans to provide health care to illegal aliens, but you can't reveal these to the rest of us?:S

Y'all are funny.

I agree with this emphatically. As I've said before, I hate all politicians equally, i just happen to believe in capitalism and low taxes.

"The fact is the majority of the politicians who have been making complete asses of themselves lately, come from the GOP."

I agree with this too, though not ALL are repubs, a lot have been. I think the GOP's innate flaw, which is something i don't agree with, is that they can be SO threatened by change, that as it happens they can't deal with it. Now, I can understand the guy's frustration and wanting to just call a spade a spade (no racial implications of course, the phrase predates that slur by centuries), but there are much better forums to make that happen than while the freaking president is in the middle of reading, err... speaking.
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

And then there is this

And that IS that.

What part of section 246 don't you get, it appears very obvious that illegal aliens wont get coverage the way the bills are worded?