1 1
rushmc

Health Care Info from CBS News

You will not have the FREEDOM to be without.

You don't have the FREEDOM not to pay income tax either.

This is just another right wing scare tactic brought to you by a bunch of proven liars.

I posted a direct link to HR 3200, specifically to that point. Read the Bill.

I have, and there's nothing scarier about that part than any other interaction with the IRS. All the scare comes from right wing scaremongers who regularly resort to lying and deceit.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

You've been doing it the whole thread - the OP was the Obamacare program having access to tax records and using them to get info on who could pay.

Nope - to find who qualifies for governmental aid.
And - surprise - this is not different from any other governmental aid program.

Sorry...not correct. No other government agency has your IRS filing information and interacts as proposed in the House bill. The relationship between the 40 plus agencies/entities created in the House bill and the IRS is frightening. It is also concerning to know the federal government will house my (and yours) medical information centrally... to be breached inappropriately by any number of the people in these new agencies. Now they as they are accessing your confidential medical files they can also sell your financial information to someone desiring to steal your identity.

Obamacare is a case where the "medicine" is dramatically worse than the "disease." Other necessary solutions for improvement like tort reform and increasing competition by eliminating interstate barriers are not included. No wonder the majority of the people are against it.

This is just another right wing scare tactic brought to you by a bunch of proven liars.

FYI...Kallend's response to everything he disagrees with is to call you or others who think like you a "liar." He never deals with the substance by providing a cogent response. Its much easier to claim you are lying and leave it at that.

Sorry...not correct. No other government agency has your IRS filing information and interacts as proposed in the House bill.

Don't you have to list all your income, bank accounts and property when applying for governmental aid? This is even more than just IRS filing information.

And if you ever applied for a mortgage, they'd have your IRS filing information too - at least for couple of years.

It is also concerning to know the federal government will house my (and yours) medical information centrally... to be breached inappropriately by any number of the people in these new agencies. Now they as they are accessing your confidential medical files they can also sell your financial information to someone desiring to steal your identity.

My usual question - have you read the bill yourself, or you're quoting propaganda?

Then, you're not concerned with your insurance company housing your medical information centrally, where it could be to be breached inappropriately by any number of the people inside the company as well as outside subcontractors, and maybe even stolen and sold for profit. But you're concerned about the government storing the same information, even though the government already stores much more information about you?

There are some valid issues with this bill, but most of those which get publicity are truly paranoid.
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

Sorry...not correct. No other government agency has your IRS filing information and interacts as proposed in the House bill.

Don't you have to list all your income, bank accounts and property when applying for governmental aid? This is even more than just IRS filing information.

And if you ever applied for a mortgage, they'd have your IRS filing information too - at least for couple of years.

It is also concerning to know the federal government will house my (and yours) medical information centrally... to be breached inappropriately by any number of the people in these new agencies. Now they as they are accessing your confidential medical files they can also sell your financial information to someone desiring to steal your identity.

My usual question - have you read the bill yourself, or you're quoting propaganda?

Then, you're not concerned with your insurance company housing your medical information centrally, where it could be to be breached inappropriately by any number of the people inside the company as well as outside subcontractors, and maybe even stolen and sold for profit. But you're concerned about the government storing the same information, even though the government already stores much more information about you?

There are some valid issues with this bill, but most of those which get publicity are truly paranoid.

1) There is a difference between me giving someone information at my election and someone having direct access to my IRS data. Surely you can comprehend that.
2) Fewer people with access the better and less risk.
3) Yes, I trust a private company (that I can sue if it were called for) than the government (who I can not sue). There have been numerous cases of private information being lost/stolen by the federal government (as well as private companies).
4) I have never filed for government aid...I am one of the taxpayer providing the funds for the government; so they can give to others.

1) There is a difference between me giving someone information at my election and someone having direct access to my IRS data. Surely you can comprehend that.

I'll repeat my question: did you read the bill yourself, or you're spreading false propaganda? This is important, because I like to discuss the bill itself, not some propaganda you heard or read somewhere. Take some responsibility, and READ the bill you criticize!

Since you obviously didn't read it yourself, here's a part for you:

SEC. 431. DISCLOSURES TO CARRY OUT HEALTH INSURANCE EXCHANGE SUBSIDIES.
`(A) IN GENERAL- The Secretary, upon written request from the Health Choices Commissioner or the head of a State-based health insurance exchange approved for operation under section 208 of the America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009, shall disclose to officers and employees of the Health Choices Administration or such State-based health insurance exchange, as the case may be, return information of any taxpayer whose income is relevant in determining any affordability credit described in subtitle C of title II of the America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009. Such return information shall be limited to--

`(i) taxpayer identity information with respect to such taxpayer,
`(ii) the filing status of such taxpayer,
`(iii) the modified adjusted gross income of such taxpayer (as defined in section 59B(e)(5)),
`(iv) the number of dependents of the taxpayer,
`(v) such other information as is prescribed by the Secretary by regulation as might indicate whether the taxpayer is eligible for such affordability credits (and the amount thereof), and
`(vi) the taxable year with respect to which the preceding information relates or, if applicable, the fact that such information is not available.

`(B) RESTRICTION ON USE OF DISCLOSED INFORMATION- Return information disclosed under subparagraph (A) may be used by officers and employees of the Health Choices Administration or such State-based health insurance exchange, as the case may be, only for the purposes of, and to the extent necessary in, establishing and verifying the appropriate amount of any affordability credit described in subtitle C of title II of the America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 and providing for the repayment of any such credit which was in excess of such appropriate amount.'.

First, do you know why your favorite propaganda sites did not quote the section by name and only by number? Because its name includes the word "subsidy", which might force some people to actually think about it. And yes, if you claim that you cannot afford healthcare and the government must subsidy you, it's obvious that the government wants to make sure that you cannot afford it because your income is low, not because you spent your money on something else. If you're not going to apply for subsidy, as you say, I do not see how it affects you.

Second, the details provided are pretty specific, and reasonable. Even "other information" specifies that it should be related to "indicate whether the taxpayer is eligible for such affordability credits (and the amount thereof)". It is not like the Health Comissioner will get your whole transcripts.

And the section B) restricts how this information could be used.

2) Fewer people with access the better and less risk.

Please quote a bill. As I said, I'm not interested in arguing with the opinion of your neighbor or your pastor. I'd like to discuss the bill.

3) Yes, I trust a private company (that I can sue if it were called for) than the government (who I can not sue). There have been numerous cases of private information being lost/stolen by the federal government (as well as private companies).

Well, you can sue the government, and in fact it has been done multiple times. You can also sue a private company (but in both cases your chance to win something worth suing would imho be close to zero)

4) I have never filed for government aid...I am one of the taxpayer providing the funds for the government; so they can give to others.

Then you shouldn't care about your tax records, as you're not going to be receiving a subsidy.

In Reply To

Then you shouldn't care about your tax records, as you're not going to be receiving a subsidy.

Although idiotic...the "smartest" part of your reply. Of course I care about my tax records...

Although idiotic...the "smartest" part of your reply. Of course I care about my tax records...

I'm glad you replied to the most important part of the discussion, which clearly shows your narrow minded thinking.

Please read the bill itself before you throw in another propaganda.

FYI...Kallend's response to everything he disagrees with is to call you or others who think like you a "liar." He never deals with the substance by providing a cogent response. Its much easier to claim you are lying and leave it at that.

Your reading skills are very poor. I already identified the liars as the scaremongers like these folks.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

[quote`

(v) such other information as is prescribed by the Secretary by regulation as might indicate whether the taxpayer is eligible for such affordability credits (and the amount thereof), and

`(B) RESTRICTION ON USE OF DISCLOSED INFORMATION- Return information disclosed under subparagraph (A) may be used by officers and employees of the Health Choices Administration or such State-based health insurance exchange,

It makes no difference how you or I interpret the legalese...it will be interpreted by a bunch of bureaucrats as they see fit. Based upon these clauses they will determine they need whatever they want and will share it with whomever they want.

Based upon these clauses they will determine they need whatever they want and will share it with whomever they want.

You probably believe that the main reason Obama is trying to pass HR3200 is to access your IRS records, as he has no other means to access them.

Follow-up to my earlier post: The guy who signed the travel authorization for my invitational travel orders (ITO) considered reducing the risk of me getting malaria to be in the DoD’s interest.

Well … that’s my translation of something that went more like “I’m not getting blamed for getting you sick because some &%@#*ng, short-sighted, idiotic pinhead who’s never been outside the cube farm doesn’t understand the basics of infectious disease prevention and operational medicine ….” His judgement call. I could feel the luv tho’.:P Albeit, this is the same O-6 who stills calls me the red-headed hottie of Corridor 3, so his perspective may be a little biased. ;):D

I had already purchased the anti-malaria pills on my own. Got offered a couple extra vaccines, tho'.

/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

rushmc

Now that Obamacare has been killed as unconstitutional it really does not matter anymore.

And another victory for the Maestro.

More to come

[3 areas of expansion @ Gitmo]
[Clinton Foundation]

>Military Tribunals [?]<

65K+ sealed indictments across the nation

>Enjoy the show<
>Trust the Plan<

"It's Christmas time in the city
Ding a ling, hear them sing"

>Panic in DC<
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

***Now that Obamacare has been killed as unconstitutional it really does not matter anymore.

And another victory for the Maestro.

More to come

[3 areas of expansion @ Gitmo]
[Clinton Foundation]

>Military Tribunals [?]<

65K+ sealed indictments across the nation

>Enjoy the show<
>Trust the Plan<

"It's Christmas time in the city
Ding a ling, hear them sing"

>Panic in DC<

Its a secret blessing from god. A message sent to America to punish it for its support of trump.

Almost every poll ranking important issues in the midterms. Had healthcare and preexisting conditions as number one.

The republican senate refused to overturn the law in a vote. Thus this ruling will be overturned. It was passed into law and voted on twice in the senate.

This decision was to direct the old white men of the republican party. To keep them on their suicide course along with trump. That will ultimately send them to "Banishment in the Desert". Where they will live on only bread and water. trump of course will get his bread and water in his prison cell. Together with his crime family.

Which by the way now seems to have included Ivanka in the "inauguration spending fraud".

Merry Christmas Ron.

Almost every poll ranking important issues in the midterms. Had healthcare and preexisting conditions as number one.

It does seem likely this will help bring the battle for expanded healthcare rights in America to an important turning point. Not very many politicians are going to want to run with a position that does not support coverage for existing conditions now. The R party is going to either take a huge turn left (on this one issue) or they are going to lose very badly. My guess is that they are not willing to lose. So they will make some kind of unfunded (because taxes are evil) compromise. And once more the deficit will balloon.

The judge in Texas is probably correct. Under the current circumstances, without the tax penalty it is no longer a taxation matter.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

kallend

As usual, Republicans find themselves on the wrong side of history.

No

They are on the right side of what is supposed to be a Constitutional Republic.

That which liberals work to destroy daily
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Why in the world would America want to take care of Americans?
Healthcare for all?
Guns for all is clearly a higher priority, as is spending Trillion$ on killing people all over the world.
Life in America is so overrated.
Death is preferred, celebrated even.

This isn't the country I grew up in.

assuming that we only exist to support the constitutional republic as opposed to supporting the people that make up the constitutional republic. philosophical question, yes, but what is a country about if it is not about the people that are in it? Or do you put the ideology of a republic above the lives of the people in it?

sounds kind of fucking creepy actually..... third Reich type of stuff... country above all else.....

tkhayes

assuming that we only exist to support the constitutional republic as opposed to supporting the people that make up the constitutional republic. philosophical question, yes, but what is a country about if it is not about the people that are in it? Or do you put the ideology of a republic above the lives of the people in it?

sounds kind of fucking creepy actually..... third Reich type of stuff... country above all else.....

Defending the Constitution is supporting the People. The Constitution was written to place limits on the Government and to secure the inherent rights of the People. You have the cart before the horse.

It should be quite obvious that The United States is no longer a Republic. Ben Franklin was right when he answered the question, "Dr. Franklin, what kind of government have you given us?" with "A republic, if you can keep it." The Republic is long gone.
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

Hence why I said it was a philosophical question…

So at what point or how exactly do you measure the success of the republic if for example, let’s say half of the population lives in poverty or the economic and social structures begin to collapse. Are you still going to stand behind the constitutional republic that you say is supporting the people?

Again philosophical. Even at the end of Germany’s reign in 1945, surely there were still Germans that felt that they were on the path to success and everything that they were doing was right, even though it ended with the distruction of the country.

And by bullshit I mean....

Supporters try to invoke emotion and try to claim a moral hi ground when in fact they know that ACA was PURPOSELY sold to the American fraudulently!

Supporters, and Democrats in general, don't care about the law or the Constitution when it comes to pushing and/or implimenting/forcing thier agenda on everyone else

This is a good start.
Abraham Lincoln

tkhayes

Hence why I said it was a philosophical question…

So at what point or how exactly do you measure the success of the republic if for example, let’s say half of the population lives in poverty or the economic and social structures begin to collapse. Are you still going to stand behind the constitutional republic that you say is supporting the people?

Again philosophical. Even at the end of Germany’s reign in 1945, surely there were still Germans that felt that they were on the path to success and everything that they were doing was right, even though it ended with the distruction of the country.

Sounds like today's Democratic Party
Abraham Lincoln