okalb

Bill Would Require Man's OK For Abortion

Will get voted down. No question.

Oh, absolutely. Luckily it has no chance of passing. I am just amazed that he sponsored it.

Wonder what else this guy has sponsored.

Ignoring the properness of such a law for a second, how exactly would you implement it? That is, how do you confirm the male signoff is the 'biological father?' Mere signature? Physical appearance at the abortion clinic? Perform an amneo and do a DNA match (and then the abortion several weeks later)

You can tell how serious a bill is based on how little attention was paid to details. It's obvious this bill introduction was meant to get press coverage, and nothing more.

:o
Holy shit.
I didn't realize Bill had that much power. I am truly humbled.

I had a client suffering with suicidal ideation because he had no power over his girlfriend's decision.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

:o
Holy shit.
I didn't realize Bill had that much power. I am truly humbled.

I had a client suffering with suicidal ideation because he had no power over his girlfriend's decision.

That makes me wonder whether he might already have been emotionally fragile enough that any extreme stress might have triggered suicidal ideation.

That makes me wonder whether he might already have been emotionally fragile enough that any extreme stress might have triggered suicidal ideation.

Hard to say. He was an airline pilot and skydiver. He fell in love with the lady and wanted to get married. She said no, aborted the kid and said goodbye. She did a number on him.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Without knowing them or the details ... But you can't force someone to marry you or carry your kids to term ... that's her choice.

But can you force a guy to assume liability if he has no authority? I know you can right now but is it really right? I say if she doesn't want the kid and he does-she carries to term-hey she decided to throw her legs in the air-he gets custody and she pays child support.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

Without knowing them or the details ... But you can't force someone to marry you or carry your kids to term ... that's her choice.

But can you force a guy to assume liability if he has no authority? I know you can right now but is it really right? I say if she doesn't want the kid and he does-she carries to term-hey she decided to throw her legs in the air-he gets custody and she pays child support.

Under that scenario, most family court judges in the US would probably order essentially that result in any event.

But can you force a guy to assume liability if he has no authority?

That changes things. We didn't realize the man was raped and his sperm were deposited against his will.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

That changes things. We didn't realize the man was raped and his sperm were deposited against his will.

hey she decided to throw her legs in the air

Once again
out of curiosity-in what other instance is a person afforded no rights when they hold liability?
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

hey she decided to throw her legs in the air

Once again
out of curiosity-in what other instance is a person afforded no rights when they hold liability?

Payment of taxes?
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I'm actually torn on this issue.

From the woman's perspective: Pregnancy is DANGEROUS. Pregnancy comes with risk and consequences that he does not have to bear. It is her uterus, her heart that has to deal with the increased blood volume, her hormones that shift... those physical changes are HERS to endure for the 40w. To force her to take those risks would be a violation of her personal rights.
But... did she give consent by willfully (and that is an important word... WILLFULLY) having intercourse with a male.

From the man's perspective: Other than the initial act (and use or lack there of of contraception), he has no say in whether he has a child to be responsible for or not.
But... does he deserve the respect to be included in that decision?

Personally, I think that she should only have sex with someone with whom she would be willing to bear his child. And he should only have sex with someone with whom he would be willing to have bear his child. But... that's a bit idealistic.

Once again

He made the choice to have sex with her, understanding the law as it stands, and then after that he made the choice to his his sperm freely to do with as she wished. He had a right to change the course of events twice, but chose not to.

I thought you were all about personal responsibility. I guess not.

Personally, I think that she should only have sex with someone with whom she would be willing to bear his child. And he should only have sex with someone with whom he would be willing to have bear his child. But... that's a bit idealistic.

I agree that that's a bit idealistic. I don't think it's too idealistic to expect a guy to not leave sperm deposits in a woman who he doesn't trust enough to have his child and/or make a decision (w/r/t to potential pregnancy) that is agreeable to him, also.

I guess he should have thought about it before he fucked her.

I guess she should've thought about it before she fucked him.

Oops, I'm pregnant. Oh well. Abort the baby. All's well that ends well, I guess.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

But can you force a guy to assume liability if he has no authority?

The baby was just as much his as it was hers. Why do you think he shouldn't have any say in the matter?

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

No it's not ..... she's the one whos body is being affected byt it not his ... he only donated a couple of cells and 60 seconds of his life ... I'm sure that you can see that, that is not an equal partnership in any way shape or form.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

The baby was just as much his as it was hers. Why do you think he shouldn't have any say in the matter?

Because it's in her body.

I do think that she ought to talk with him about things, and they should try to come to a conclusion together.

But when push comes to shove (like when the law gets involved) it's got to be her decision, just because the impact on her, directly, is so much larger, and because there is no way for her to reduce her involvement.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com