Andy9o8

Burger King Uses Blow Jobs to Sell Product

Burger King: Now Selling Blow Jobs!
by tier1express
Wed Jun 24, 2009 at 10:08:23 AM PDT
I'll let the ad speak for itself.

I'm not a prude by any stretch of the imagination but when a mainstream-Americana company like Burger King chooses to put such a degrading image of women out there as a way to peddle their junk food to the public, I feel the need to say something.

They have the right to be tasteless and sexist... And I have the right to tell them they will not see a dime of my money as long as they are using these types vulgar images and tactics in their advertising.

Please feel free to join me in giving them a piece of my mind if you share my disgust.

Burger King Corporation
5505 Blue Lagoon Drive
Miami, Florida 33126

Corporate Headquarters - 305-378-3000
Marketing/Advertising Information Requests - 305-378-7200
Consumer Relations - 305-378-3535

North America:
Denise Wilson
Media Line: 305-378-7277
After Hours: 1-800-393-3999

For those who are asking below. Why is this ad degrading and sexist in my opinion? In addition to the ham-handed caveman-level subtlety, the woman in the ad is clearly made to look like a blow-up doll.

HT to kirbybruno for locating and posting a link to this article discussing BK's lame advertising tactics in the comments below:

Burger King Blows Its Marketing Wad

In pertinent part:

Burger King's (BKC) increasingly obnoxious attempts to lure young dopes to its horrible food may have gone too far this time. The likely slightly older (but award-winning!) dopes... have come up with a print ad shamelessly evoking oral sex to peddle the "BK Super Seven Incher."

Gawker notes that the "only thing this ad is missing is the disclaimer that you'll actually get fewer blowjobs if you eat these sandwiches, but perhaps that's the 'genius' of advertising that we simpletons on the outside just don't get."

This commentary originally appeared on Daily Kos

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Sex sells... its no different than with KC recently with thier billboard that caused problems. They take it down, but they got into the news.

More advertising... more sales.

Choose your battles... Today they are voting on Cap and Trade. Everyone ready for 12 dollar a gallon gas? Electricity will skyrocket for your home, and taxes will increase everywhere. A freshman congressman from Utah already ran some numbers... Per school, Per month... electricity will increase costs 10K. It takes electricity to run a school........[:/] But our president wants the death of coal before we have a substitue in place.

And he admits it too... but this will hurt all those poor people you want help Mr. President...... And didn't you say no new taxes for anyone under 250K? Not only that, but nothing we do will do anything with China and India increasing thier usage. But that darn... "Evil Carbon" sigh....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqHL404zhcU

D

I guess we're finally catching up to Europe. When I was living in Budapest in 1992, there was a huge billboard opposite my bus stop, advertising ice cream bars. The only thing you could see was the top four inches or so of the chocolate shell, a tiny rim of white ice cream at the top, and a brightly painted pair of red lips wrapped around it. I found it so striking that I took pictures and sent them back home. My Hungarian friends couldn't figure out why I found it so unusual.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Obviously you don't. Hey, thanks for your contribution.

No, its a valid point. Why would anyone care about that picture? If they had "the king" getting a blow job from a stripper then doing lines of coke off her ass, then sure. A chick holding her mouth open in front of a sandwich isn't something that someone should get upset with. Now the piss poor job that Hopey-McChangey and his congress are doing, THAT is something to get upset about!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I guess we're finally catching up to Europe. When I was living in Budapest in 1992, there was a huge billboard opposite my bus stop, advertising ice cream bars. The only thing you could see was the top four inches or so of the chocolate shell, a tiny rim of white ice cream at the top, and a brightly painted pair of red lips wrapped around it. I found it so striking that I took pictures and sent them back home. My Hungarian friends couldn't figure out why I found it so unusual.

check that one out: http://www.ta-bou.com/

and thats just the tip of the iceberg.. ;)
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Swing and a miss on this one. Few people want to imagine a 7" moan-maker in their mouths while they're eating an already gross sandwich...which is the image this ad has created.
Provoking a reaction isn't the same thing as saying something meaningful.
-Calvin

>Choose your battles... Today they are voting on Cap and Trade. Everyone
>ready for 12 dollar a gallon gas?

Nope - but we're ready for $4 a gallon gas. And driving gas prices higher now will help when gas really does reach $12 a gallon.

>Electricity will skyrocket for your home . . .

Good! Will encourage people to actually use less instead of leaving all the lights on all night.

> But our president wants the death of coal before now that we
>have a substitue in place.

Fixed it for ya.

>And he admits it too... but this will hurt all those poor people you want
>help Mr. President......

No pain, no gain. "Drill and burn" hasn't worked out so well, and mountaintop removal destroys communities. It's time to take another approach.

Ok Mr. Lobbyist. Sounds good with all your Sun Shine and Lollypops.

It’s ok… because we are coming, we don’t really need you. More and more people are waking up every day. They read what you say… and then send people like me PM’s that are definitely “personal attacks”, criticizing you.

Grassroots was ok for Obama, but its crazy and radical for people who believe in what my grandfather in WWII fought for, the Constitution, and freedom. Private industry run and controlled by the government is Fascism. You don’t have to kill millions of people to control a nation and the lives of its citizens. Neither Bush was different. Clinton started mandatory finger scans for driver’s licenses; Bush gave us the Patriot Act… Obama continued it and kept rendition in our policy. We don’t torture but we send them where they do. HYPOCRIT!

Loved the continued talking points billvon… keep’em coming.

In the mean time… till my next post you try to butcher, check out History channels Modern Marvels: on Oil. Wonderful presentation. If you PM me your address, I might be able to mail you a copy, I did saved it. So you can see that we will never be off of oil. It’s in everything. That aspirin your dad or grandpa takes… yup, bonded with petroleum products. But it’s probably all crazy talk in your eyes. Though when you get sick… just about everything we use to treat you in the hospital deals with petroleum. Gas is only about 30% of a barrel. All the rest goes to things you can’t make with Ethanol…

And GM could have led the world with their hydrogen car. They had it, it worked. Oh, that’s right, when the government took over they canceled it… “too expensive to pursue.” WHAT A BUNCH OF BULL SHIT. Someone on CNN did a great story on the car… too bad I lost the data when backing up and deleting files… I’d post it. Take a guess to who it was. He’s on another channel now.

Talk to you soon, billvon!
D

>It’s ok… because we are coming . . .

Not sure who "we" is. If it's the oil and coal companies who have been blowing smoke all these years, then they've been here for decades - and no one believes them any more.

>And GM could have led the world with their hydrogen car.

?? Uh, we don't have any hydrogen. It's not an energy solution. It's like a battery based EV, but without any way to charge it.

>They had it, it worked. Oh, that’s right, when the government took over
>they canceled it…

No, they didn't. From GreenTechMedia:

==================
As General Motors works on restructuring its business and emerging out of bankruptcy in the next few months, the company will have to think hard about what to do with its hydrogen fuel cell car program, he said in an interview after his talk. The new version of GM needs to be lean, so it will have to allocate its resources carefully.

"It's like we have swam halfway across the English Channel only have to turn back," Dave Barthmuss, General Motors' western region manager, said. "We don't need any more breakthroughs to bring the cars into the commercial market by 2015."

What GM needs is for the federal government to fund the installation of hydrogen fuel stations across the country. Creating that network of pump stations across the country will be crucial to popularizing hydrogen cars.
===================

So the reality is that GM needs the government to spend lots of money to install hydrogen infrastructure. You want to pay for that?

>“too expensive to pursue.” WHAT A BUNCH OF BULL SHIT.

I think you may have to get your news from a site other than Fox News.

>It's very easy to hold onto your lofty environmental principles when you
>have enough to eat. When it becomes a matter of feeding your children?
>Things might look a little different.

That is absolutely true - but is also true of everything. You may profess libertarianism, but if it came down to taking government welfare or your children starving, things might look a little different.

Here in the US, we often have the luxury of choosing to do what's right in the long term rather than choosing mere survival. We should not waste that opportunity.

No pain, no gain.

Whose pain, and whose gain?

It's very easy to hold onto your lofty environmental principles when you have enough to eat. When it becomes a matter of feeding your children? Things might look a little different.

They could eat at Burger King!!

d'ya like how I made the thread come full circle?;):P
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

No pain, no gain.

Whose pain, and whose gain?

It's very easy to hold onto your lofty environmental principles when you have enough to eat. When it becomes a matter of feeding your children? Things might look a little different.

They could eat at Burger King!!

d'ya like how I made the thread come full circle?;):P

They're just *hoping* that they have enough *change* left to afford it...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

You are pathetic…

We… are the true American People, who are done with the BS and want our country back. You’ll see… give it time.

Actually it is, just for cars. Zap water (done at the station, not in the car), separate molecules, water is the byproduct after usage… very simple. There is plenty of water to be zapped… and plenty of energy if we had nuclear. But they don’t want nuclear, cause that would be too smart. And lies are fed about “how dangerous it is.” Obama says Iran has a right to nuclear, yet we don’t? Nor do they need nuclear with all the oil they have. They don’t care about carbon output, give me a break, they are increasing their number of refineries too! They just want to destroy Israel… and the “reform guy” started the nuclear program as prime minister years ago, and has the same goal. Israel is little Satan, and the US is big Satan.

Wind is not ready, nor is solar to take over 60 percent of our needs that coal provides. Especially when Pelosi blocks the transmission lines. So we’ll be staying on oil… still. So now the poor and those in rural areas will massively suffer. And that is only a small part of the sweeping power this bill will give the Federal Government. More loss of freedom.

Obama wants electric cars… where is all the extra electricity we need coming from? Wind and solar can’t provide for millions of cars, and replace coal. That’s BS!

Yes… Obama did cut funding:
http://www.treehugger.com/files/2009/05/obama-hydrogen-cars.php
http://www.scientificamerican.com/blog/60-second-science/post.cfm?id=rip-hydrogen-economy-obama-cuts-hyd-2009-05-08

Again… stop with the games like a fucking lobbyist. Government got in the way before they even bought the company. They could have retooled and been successful… the CEO who was fired by Obama (unconstitutional) showed so… but they had to scrap plans because of government involvement. No, I want government out of the way completely. None of this would be an issue if the free market made the decisions. Private investors were already talking about the hydrogen highway in California and NYC. Scrapped as well because of government involvement… why invest when they just change the rules and screw up attempts to bring about… CHANGE. I’d rather spend 1.2 billion on that, then bailout the retards running your state, California. 42 billion?

He was on CNN when he did the story, he drove the car for weeks. And as I’ve said before, which you continually fail to acknowledge. I don’t watch anyone else on fox except him. He is not Fox News. I hate Fox News… ABC, NBC, MSNBC and the rest… media in this country is dead. Glenn is the only one talking about what is really going on. But all idiots like you see is, FOX NEWS, and have probably never watch a full show, just like my neighbor… Have you watched him? “Not really but I just don’t like him.” Equally pathetic. I know Rachel Maddow is an idiot… cause I’ve watched her. I’ve watched them all for a period of time, till I about lost my sanity.

Again… you are pathetic. Guess you don’t want to learn some truth about oil either, since you didn’t comment. Figures…

Go ahead; block me for a personal attack… I needed to get to bed anyways, hours ago.

D