TheAnvil

Stimulus, eh?

Check out this little gem embedded in the government enlargement bill.

[barf]

Oh yes. That'll stimulate all right! All about transparency, you see.

WTF? How can ANYBODY vote for this piece of shit bill?

[barf]
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

This could do wonders for medical vacations....

I'm curious how long before the agency keeping our med records shares them with other government organizations? FCIC? FBI?

Since it's all automated, where's the inspection booth?
Step into the chamber, get a body scan, run all the lab work, tell me what diseases I'll have, when I'll die and from what, then decide if my country can afford to take care of me.

Nice. Where's my check?
[:/]

Oh, come on, doctor. You've been far too focused on doing what's best for your patients instead of what's best for the country. And you make too much money for it.

Doesn't this sound a lot like "standardized procedures" used in nursing?

This is despicable - especially the effort to do it without debate.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I've never had an issue with the whole concept of electronic medical records, I do however disagree with the government trying to regulate treatments for "cost effectiveness".

I've seen so many people in the Army whose medical records were lost and they ended having to get every shot they ever had a second time and lost all their records they could've used to file a disability claim upon retirement. Now that we've switched to the electronic system that isn't nearly as much of an issue anymore, you lose the paper copy you just print out another file from the computer and replace it. in it's purest form its a good system but this bill is getting retarded quickly.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

WOW, if you think there is a health care shortage now, just wait until this takes effect.

I have private health insurance and I want my health care kept that way......PRIVATE!!! The government needs to stay the fuck out of my private health care.
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

I do however disagree with the government trying to regulate treatments for "cost effectiveness".

Yes; but the habit is already ingrained: private health insurers, in the US, have already been doing that for quite some time now.

I've seen examples of doctors being paid "usual and customary" fees rather than charged fees than the billed charge, do you have examples of denial of service due to cost, on the decision of the insurance companies?

*edit to add*
"Denial of service" in regards to things that are not already limited by the policy itself, such as psych treatment or chiropractic visits for example.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Check out this little gem embedded in the government enlargement bill.

[barf]

Oh yes. That'll stimulate all right! All about transparency, you see.

WTF? How can ANYBODY vote for this piece of shit bill?

[barf]

The libs are discovering what they voted for...one f*cked up communist move at a time.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

The libs are discovering what they voted for...one f*cked up communist move at a time.

Democracy often works beautifully at first. But once a state extends the franchise to every warm body, be he producer or parasite, that day marks the beginning of the end of the state. For when the plebs discover that they can vote themselves bread and circuses without limit and that the productive members of the body politic cannot stop them, they will do so, until the state bleeds to death, or in its weakened condition the state succumbs to an invader–the barbarians enter Rome.

–Robert Heinlein

Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.

— Frederick Douglass

Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.
~~Henry Louis Mencken

Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

The article gave reference to page numbers from a pdf file but she only gave a link to an endless matrix of unrelated html links without page numbers...:S

Why did she make it so difficult to locate the section she's spinning up?

Anyways...I'd post a link to the relevant html section from the site she linked to, but it is set to time out so you have to search for it...if you click the "H.R. 1 EH" link in the article, click option 7 (the public print link) and the relevant section is located about two-thirds of the way down entitled: TITLE XIII--HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY.

If you want to follow the page numbers referenced in the article, here is the actual pdf of the entire bill from a completely different web site that she failed to provide :

http://www.rules.house.gov/111/LegText/111_hr1_text.pdf

There's still alot of context to sift through in addition to loads of info from the pages referenced...it's worse than a nerdgirl post.;):)

Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

I do however disagree with the government trying to regulate treatments for "cost effectiveness".

Yes; but the habit is already ingrained: private health insurers, in the US, have already been doing that for quite some time now.

Andy - isn't there a bit of a difference between private oversight and government oversight?

Government oversight = regulations.
Regulations = fines and other administrative action for deviation therefrom.

Choice - exercise medical judgment and risk breaching regulations or follow standardized procedure.

I picture these regulations to be like HIPPA. god help your ass if you breach them.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I've seen examples of doctors being paid "usual and customary" fees rather than charged fees than the billed charge, do you have examples of denial of service due to cost, on the decision of the insurance companies?

*edit to add*
"Denial of service" in regards to things that are not already limited by the policy itself, such as psych treatment or chiropractic visits for example.

Yes, my insurer frequently denies requests (from the MD) for PET scans on the basis of cost.

*edit to add*

Yes, my insurer frequently denies requests (from the MD) for PET scans on the basis of cost.

Fair enough - thank you for the info.

Of course, in that instance, you *could* pay for the test yourself, although I imagine the cost would be....exhorbitant. Once the government takes over healthcare, I fear that option will become unavailable.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Truly remarkable number of right wing whiners around here.

Once again, conservatives are called whiners when an opinion is issued. The left can't stand it when someone disagrees with the Messiah, but since they don't have an intelligent response, they have to resort to name calling. It's cute, but not very admirable.

Get it through your heads, libs. We're not whining. We are educating people to the lunacy at hand. And the more they learn, so madder they get - even some of the libs!

It's gonna be a long 4 years for conservatives....and an even longer 4 years for the left.:ph34r::o
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

*edit to add*

Fair enough - thank you for the info.

Of course, in that instance, you *could* pay for the test yourself, although I imagine the cost would be....exhorbitant. Once the government takes over healthcare, I fear that option will become unavailable.

I have no idea if anything else is denied, the PET scan info was something I came across by chance last week. A PET scan costs around $5k, I believe.

A PET scan costs around $5k, I believe.

Ouch.

United Healthcare.... the wonderful people my current contract provides for the people they coninto working for them.... has denied paying for an MRI ordered by my doctor for my torn rotator cuff that I got at LP. I even had the doctor CALL the fuckers before getting the MRI to see if it was covered.. they told the doctor.. yes they would... I went and had it done.. and the fuckers REFUSED to pay for it because of its an existing condition..... UH.. no.. this is a new injury never injured my right arm in any way.. not a pre existing condition. $1200 out of pocket...

That is the state of PRIVATE healthcare now... Personally I think the private insurance companies need to be DE NUTTED in the most painful way possible.

You can pay and pay and pay the premiums.. and they do not give the healthcare provided. Most people in this country realize this... its time to shut them down for non performance.