lawrocket

California must Reduce its Prison Population by a Third say Federal Judges

>although i think some of the people in the system should be let out due to
>stupid nonviolent situations, letting them out know would possibly be a dissaster.

Right. Since we're in a recession, we should keep these wrongly incarcerated people in prison and pay an extra 1.5 billion a year for their food and lodging.

although i think some of the people in the system should be let out due to stupid nonviolent situations, letting them out know would possibly be a dissaster. what do 50,000 criminals do when let out jail with no money and an unemployment rate that is soring?

I'd support educational programs to improve their literacy skills so that they'd stand a better chance of productive success in the modern world.

The relationship of "DUI" offenses and the Calif problem
is the criminalization of the entire population.

In Florida, BAC of .08 is a DUI.
The estimate is that it takes one hour for each
beer to get out of your system. If you drink two
beers in one hour and leave a bar, you are over
the legal limit.

So, essentially 98% of people that I know have been over
the DUI limit before. Enforcement at that level has
developed into a revenue stream, and not protecting
the public.
[/QUOTE]

Two regular sized beers will only get a 180 pound man to just .04. It takes four beers in an hour to get to .08 at which point you are under the influence.

Only places like Colorado with the lesser Driving While Ability Impaired charge with a staturoy .04% limit have problems.

The prison system is now an industry.

>California both supports it and fights it at the same time. Idiots.

Actually, they allow small quantities for medicinal uses. There's a conflict there between state law and federal law; it's been the source of a lot of contention.

but legalization sure seems like an obvious source of new revenue that both parties in Sacramento would be happy to approve.

Only places like Colorado with the lesser Driving While Ability Impaired charge with a staturoy .04% limit have problems.

CA has this too. If you test under .04, you're innocent. Over .08, you're guilty. In between, you can be convicted if you fail the field test or show signs of impairment. I don't know how that actually plays out in court.

although i think some of the people in the system should be let out due to stupid nonviolent situations, letting them out know would possibly be a dissaster. what do 50,000 criminals do when let out jail with no money and an unemployment rate that is soring?

I'd support educational programs to improve their literacy skills so that they'd stand a better chance of productive success in the modern world.

so they can read better when they go back to jail when they get caught stealing to eat because there are no jobs?

>although i think some of the people in the system should be let out due to
>stupid nonviolent situations, letting them out know would possibly be a dissaster.

Right. Since we're in a recession, we should keep these wrongly incarcerated people in prison and pay an extra 1.5 billion a year for their food and lodging.

letting 50k out now would be a disaster, maybe shorter terms and a gradual release would be better on the economy of california. or maybe just make them serve thier time in poor conditions might make them not want to go back.

Ambition and desire makes someone a success not how well they did in english class. but then why would you want to worry about the real reason for an issue since spelling errors are the cause of all problems according to the left.

Ambition and desire makes someone a success not how well they did in english class.

Education is kind of like the tinder, where ambition and desire are the flame. The more tinder, the easier it is to start the fire.

Sure, it's possible to start a fire on a log without tinder. But it sure is harder.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

>Ambition and desire makes someone a success not how well they did in
>english class.

Ambition and desire are great. But without action and the will to do what it takes to get to your goals, they mean nothing.

A guy who is full of ambition and desire, but has done nothing for most of his life, is destined to spend his time flipping burgers. But a guy full of ambition and desire who has the foresight to prepare himself for success, and who is willing to do the work to get there, can go far. And nowadays, part of that preparation is education.

>Ambition and desire makes someone a success not how well they did in
>english class.

Ambition and desire are great. But without action and the will to do what it takes to get to your goals, they mean nothing.

A guy who is full of ambition and desire, but has done nothing for most of his life, is destined to spend his time flipping burgers.

i guess he didn't have ambition and desire then did he.