From a hero to zero!

Sure most of the foods we eat have as many or more chems as pot, but most of these foods have been proven over several thousand years to be good for us, not turning people into lethargic slugs.

It is easily proven that pot can be good for us. The former President George Bush took THC drops. We have people here who have benefitted from it.

The rest of your points could be applied to a number of legal substances. You have failed to identify the differentiating factor.

Sure most of the foods we eat have as many or more chems as pot, but most of these foods have been proven over several thousand years to be good for us, not turning people into lethargic slugs.

It is easily proven that pot can be good for us. The former President George Bush took THC drops. We have people here who have benefitted from it.

The rest of your points could be applied to a number of legal substances. You have failed to identify the differentiating factor.

I don't have to identify any differentiating factor. I gave you my opinion and a couple known facts. They are there to do with as you please. You want to fry your brain cells, have at it.
As far as those folks you speak of in the Bay Area who burn one now and then....just think how much money they could be making if they hadn't destroyed those billions of brain cells.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

As far as those folks you speak of in the Bay Area who burn one now and then....just think how much money they could be making if they hadn't destroyed those billions of brain cells.

How many billions have you destroyed drinking inferior beer?

The BA already has a issue with wage inflation, though I doubt these people would be making more than their current 6 figure salaries. If you BS claim was really true, the BA should be a less productive part of the country, not a leader.

If saying that smoking pot has adverse effects on a person's brain, a fact that is well supported, is "making up reasons" then I am guilty as charged.
I never claimed they get sick more, etc. The only claims i have made are...
-THC deteriates the brain. Proven fact.
-Smoking pot on a regular basis causes problems with a persons ability to interact normally with society. Also proven.
-Smoking pot is an immature act. Personal opinion.

Your personal opinion reeks of immaturity.

Cannabis was found in 2000 or something year old coffin (forgive my ruined cannabis memory) just several weeks ago, it made general interest news on several television stations.

You putting smoking cannabis down to a Western 'high school' youth based trend like you insinuated incorrectly earlier (amongst other blatantly incorrect statements) pretty much rules out every sociological aspect about it.

Your other two points in the above quote are also not 'facts'. They effect some people in that way - not a majority.

He's not a Zero. Why? He actually OWNED UP TO IT!

Obama snorted blow. He OWNED UP TO IT.

Ahnold sexually harassed a reporter. He OWNED UP TO IT.

And the story ends up getting buried. There's nothing new. I recall the guy getting a DUI a couple fo years ago. Few others do because he OWNED UP TO IT.

Honesty does marvelous things.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

It's not BS, its fact that has been verified by any number of independent studies.
See, that is EXACTLY what I am trying to get across to you. When i drink beer, I know and accept the damage alcohol does to my body. I don't deny it.
Why do people feel they have to be different about smoking pot? By denying all the facts about what damage is done to the body, they reinforce the view that it destroys one's capability to make rational decisions.
When you jump out of an airplane, you don't deny the risks just to justify doing it, do you?
HAMMER:

I agree that these guys avoided a lot of problems by admitting what they did, regardless of how those acts are viewed in public light.
However, i don't believe for one second that Mike regrets taking a few hits from the bong or anything else he has done. The only thing he regrets is getting caught. Much the same back in '04 when he got 18 months probation for a DUI.
He's a young man who likes to party. Nothing wrong with that as long as he does it responsibly, i.e. no driving under the influence.
I just wish Clinton had the same integrity these guys had. Could have saved the country a whole mess of worms if he had just admitted from the start that he had acted inappropriately with Paula Jones. If he had, nobody ever would have heard of Monica.
HAMMER:

What did Clinton do wrong? He did not live up to the fantasy about a perfect marriage with Hillary?

The wrong was that the people driven by the fact they wanted something on him, that made the result that was inappropriate!

We are driven by that everyone who have publicity have to be perfect, if they are not, we are witch hunting them in a modern term by media!

I have no problem with him as the great sportsman he is to continue what he can best! I am just curious about the double moral among the people around in the world!

The problem he have huge important sponsors who will clip his wings! Anyway he can still survive with a couple of millions dont he?

What did Clinton do wrong? He did not live up to the fantasy about a perfect marriage with Hillary?

President Clinton, for behavior while President, while Governor of the State of Arkansas, and before that, was tried in civil court and in the court of public opinion regarding a pattern of sexual harassment and sexual misconduct (including but not limited to serial adultery).

We are driven by that everyone who have publicity have to be perfect, if they are not, we are witch hunting them in a modern term by media!

Imo, there's a big difference between small imperfections and youthful exhuberance and what is alleged regarding former President Clinton's behavior.

/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

So what you actually say, he used his power to make these women have sex with him? (He forced them to have sex?)

What I am saying is what I wrote above.

What I would assert: rather than having admitted to any behavior and being forgiven, it would have been better (if the allegations were true) that he had not made those choices.

/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

What if the photo were taken at an Amsterdam smoke bar? How do we know that it wasn't? Phelps would have been doing something that is 100% legal, in the context in which it occured.

Simply not true. Marijuana is not legal in Amsterdam, Holland or The Netherlands.

So what you actually say, he used his power to make these women have sex with him? (He forced them to have sex?)

Just in case you were out of town during the Clinto years.
www.lectlaw.com/files/cas03.htm

If you area public official, behave yourself.
If you can't behave yourself, don't get caught.
If you get caught, fess up.
If you don't fess up, at least don't lie.
If you lie, take responsibility for whatever happens because of that lie.
If you fail to take responsibility, you should not hold public office to begin with.
HAMMER:

What you refer to is a private drama that was blown up all over the world! At least he did not lie, and invade another country :-)

Dam those liers!

It actually started out as a young woman filing a lawsuit for sexual harrassment in the workplace. It could have ended there with a brief episode of public boo-hoo-ing if Clinton had acted the same way Phelps, Arnold, etc did and taken responsibility for his actions.
Bush lied about the status of WMDs in Iraq. Difference there is that he has not been questioned about it under oath in front of a Grand Jury.
HAMMER:

It's not BS, its fact that has been verified by any number of independent studies.

You have independent (do any such exist in the US) studies that verify that people turn into babbling unproductive idiots if they smoke pot? As I keep telling you, doesn't show up here. Scores of companies do that initial drug screen, these people do whatever they need to do to get past it, and then go back to their merry ways.

Their denial on the effects is hardly different than your overstating of the impact. And the lies told to children about how horrible it is leaves them to doubt all other health advice given wrt drugs or sex.

people turn into babbling unproductive idiots if they smoke pot

Please point out where I made that claim.

As I keep telling you, doesn't show up here.

That sentence doesn't make any sense at all.

And the lies told to children about how horrible it is leaves them to doubt all other health advice given wrt drugs or sex.

Better than the lies told to them that marajuana is harmless.

The proof is out there that is is harmful. You can accept it or bury your head in the sand, either way the facts won't change.
HAMMER:

people turn into babbling unproductive idiots if they smoke pot

Please point out where I made that claim.

you wrote:
"I wouldn't trust any of them to so much as watch my dog for an afternoon. No exceptions. "

And the lies told to children about how horrible it is leaves them to doubt all other health advice given wrt drugs or sex.

Better than the lies told to them that marajuana is harmless.

No, lying rarely works out well. As soon as they smoke a joint and they don't turn into a fried egg idiot, they think that maybe coke isn't so bad either. just like with sex ed, teaching reality and moderation work better than abstinence instruction.

Something along the lines of: "like tobacco, smoking weed affects your lungs, and can reduce your motivational drive and short term memory (?). The risks may be higher for adolescents whose bodies and brains are still developing."

Or for true honesty - "In moderation, it's not that unhealthful, but the legal consequences for use can include losing your driver's license and eligibility for college scholarships."