rushmc

Why it is different this time around?

Oh the duplicity. And not one word from those bitching about the pay of CEO’s.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/rich-noyes/2009/01/14/ap-slammed-bush-s-extravagant-inaugural-05-now-it-s-spend-baby-spend

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jan/14/barack-obama-inauguration-cost

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090117/ap_on_go_pr_wh/inauguration_spending
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

This is about the 3rd thread I've seen on "inauguration costs". It's been done already. This, and "Obama was disrespectful for eating dinner during Bush's goodbye speech".

Fucking desperate. At least wait until something actually happens to complain about.

This is about the 3rd thread I've seen on "inauguration costs". It's been done already. This, and "Obama was disrespectful for eating dinner during Bush's goodbye speech".

Fucking desperate. At least wait until something actually happens to complain about.

Something has happened. He is spending more than 3 times what Bush did and Bush was raked over the coals over the cost. That is why I pointed out the duplicity of the media and the Obama supporters (on this topic)

And I can only imagine the comments had Bush done the corny train thing. That is funny!:)
Abraham Lincoln

Desperate. You guys are making yourselves look silly.

:D:D

So why is it different?

You will not answer even though I think you know!

And, I never said the cost was good or bad. YOU are making that assumption ( I assume)

I only want to know why it is different for Obama this time around.

(and you say we look silly):S
:D
Abraham Lincoln

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So why is it different?

ITs not different..... you have been doing a fantastic job of looking silly on a few subjects now since I logged onto the site:ph34r::ph34r:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So why is it different?

ITs not different..... you have been doing a fantastic job of looking silly on a few subjects now since I logged onto the site:ph34r::ph34r:

Yet another refusal to answer.

Thanks
Abraham Lincoln

I was not aware that Bush was raked over the coals for the amount spent on his inauguration.

From one of the links
And you got to be kidding right?

Four years ago, the Associated Press and others in the press suggested it was in poor taste for Republicans to spend $40 million on President Bush’s inauguration. AP writer Will Lester calculated the impact that kind of money would have on armoring Humvees in Iraq, helping victims of the tsunami, or paying down the deficit. Lester thought the party should be cancelled:

..or how about this one...

Summary: MSNBC's Tamron Hall stated that "the inauguration festivities" for President-elect Barack Obama are "estimated to reach as high as $150 million," while "n 2004, to note, the inauguration of George W. Bush cost roughly $40 million." But the $40 million figure that Hall cited for Bush's second inauguration reportedly does not include security and transportation costs incurred by the federal government and the District of Columbia; these costs are included in the $150 million estimate that the media are reporting for the Obama inauguration.

maybe this one will remind you...

BBC Called Bush Inaugural Too Expensive
From the 20 January, 2005 edition of the (admittedly biased, but always frugal) BBC News:

No expense spared at inauguration
By Kevin Anderson

With an estimated price tag of $40m, the three-day celebration that is President Bush’s second inauguration will be the most expensive ever.

The lavish dinners, parties and fireworks began on Tuesday and will continue through his swearing-in on Thursday, followed by a parade and nine official inaugural balls.

The cost will be paid by individual and corporate donations, while the city of Washington is being asked to pay for an estimated $17m in security costs.

Some have criticised the expense, questioning the propriety of a flashy celebration as US troops are dying in Iraq and South Asia still recovers from last month’s deadly tsunami.

The overt criticism of an inauguration is unusual, but a Washington Post poll found that a majority of Americans would prefer a smaller, more subdued event…

While numerous, the number of balls is five shy of the record 14 balls held for Bill Clinton on the night of his second inauguration in 1997…

But with the recent tsunami in the Indian Ocean and the ongoing war in Iraq, some think the expensive inaugural is an inappropriate, ostentatious display.

"Precedent suggests that inaugural festivities should be muted - if not cancelled - in wartime," New York Democrat Representative Anthony Weiner said in a letter to President Bush.

He noted the money could be used to buy 690 Humvees and pay for a $290 bonus for each soldier serving in Iraq.

And city officials in Washington are complaining that for the first time the city and not the US government is being asked to foot the bill for the security operations…

Bill Clinton’s first inauguration cost $30m, which was comparable to the inaugural costs of George HW Bush in 1989. His second inauguration cost $23.6m.

But a Washington Post-ABC News poll found that two-thirds of Americans think inaugural festivities should be scaled back. That includes half of those who voted for President Bush and 80% of John Kerry’s supporters…

...this one is kind of fun....

http://digg.com/politics/Price_of_Obama_s_extravagant_inaugural_ignored_by_AP

You want I should keep going?
Abraham Lincoln

Did you an expect an answer?

Running from the facts with their tails between their legs whilst howling insults at their opposition has been the trademark of the left for years.

Facing the fact that the mainstream media is biased as HELL in their favor is something they simply lack the courage to do.

:S

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

The budget is THREE MILLION MILLION dollars which makes a $150M party .005% of the total. It doesn't matter any more than $40M mattered, which is not at all.

If you want to worry about money, you have to worry about things that matter. Like ONE HUNDRED FIFTY NINE THOUSAND MILLION spent on the optional war in Iraq last year (not counting indirect costs like the surge in payments to disabled veterands).

I use million instead of billion because it's accessable (save enough to retire as a middle class person and you'll be a millionaire) and people seem to confuse trillions and billions with millions to easyily.

The budget is THREE MILLION MILLION dollars which makes a $150M party .005% of the total. It doesn't matter any more than $40M mattered, which is not at all.

If you want to worry about money, you have to worry about things that matter. Like ONE HUNDRED FIFTY NINE THOUSAND MILLION spent on the optional war in Iraq last year (not counting indirect costs like the surge in payments to disabled veterands).

I use million instead of billion because it's accessable (save enough to retire as a middle class person and you'll be a millionaire) and people seem to confuse trillions and billions with millions to easyily.

Ah, yet again, I am not complaining about the money. I am asking why the cost is being reported differently. Understand?

Dont seem like it.....
Abraham Lincoln

Gee lets compare and contrast.. FACTS

Bush
http://newstandardnews.net/content/index.cfm/items/1394

Jan. 18, 2005 – The nine elaborate balls, three candlelight dinners, a rock concert, extravagant receptions and parties preceding President Bush?s January 20 inauguration will have a hefty price tag, and most of the multi-million dollar bill will be paid for by Exxon Mobil Corp., Bristol Meyers Squibb, former Enron President Richard Kinder, and dozens of well-connected Bush fundraisers.

Nearly half of the $40 million fundraising goal set by President Bush?s private inaugural committee has been met, paid for almost entirely by US corporations. According to a new analysis by the government watchdog group Public Citizen, 96 percent of the $17.8 million raised is from corporations or their chairpersons, CEOs, or presidents.

Obama

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/214/story/57823.html

WASHINGTON — Daniel Jacobs says he thinks it's going to be "a little crazy" in Washington when he takes his wife and three young children to Barack Obama's inauguration, but he's looking forward to it anyway.

To help out, the Charlotte mortgage broker sent $500 to the Presidential Inaugural Committee to help defray the cost of the event.

"They're expecting so many more people there," Jacobs said of crowd predictions of between a million and 4 million people. "If we're expecting proper facilities, security and everything else, their budget would end up being higher than the normal inaugural budget."

Nearly 1,800 people have contributed $1.17 million to the transition office as of Nov. 15, according to a report released by Obama earlier this month.

About 240 donors have contributed $9.7 million so far to the committee that's planning Obama's Jan. 20 swearing in and related festivities, according to records released Friday. The money is used to pay expenses while Obama and his staff set up his Cabinet and make plans for how to run each agency.

The reports are part of Obama's effort to be transparent about money in politics. Only individuals can contribute. The transition team isn't accepting donations from political action committees, corporations or unions. Registered lobbyists aren't allowed to donate money either. .

Wow.. there is CHANGE after all

Now we have WE THE PEOPLE excited about the Inaugural.. not so much at EXXON and the other Oil boys Corporate buyout of the Inaugural and Administration.

How many lives of your comrades in arms did all that Oil money buy Vinny

I was not aware that Bush was raked over the coals for the amount spent on his inauguration.

Well?
Abraham Lincoln

Oh goody! A change of topic! With accompanying accusations and epithets. Thanks for proving my point. Is it difficult to run with your tail between your legs? I wouldn't know, you see.

For the record, I don't think oil money bought any lives, but think that if you like.

Now - Rushmc asked a very simple question. The reason you're not answering is...

I won't hold my breath.

Vinny the Anvil
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Oh goody! A change of topic! With accompanying accusations and epithets. Thanks for proving my point. Is it difficult to run with your tail between your legs? I wouldn't know, you see.

Ah the angry Admiral Anvil.... The facts... WHO paid for your Imcompetent in Cheif's elevation to the throne parties.. EXXON ENRON et al...

See that is what has changed... and you cant handle it.

Who is paying for Obama's Inaugural... THE PEOPLE.. by the THOUSANDS.. that want to party to not only ring in the new administration.. but to celebrate the end of the Incompetent Imperium.. face it you and your kind dont give a shit about the common people.. with your holier than thou right wing elitist bullshit.

No one is running away especially from the little people... its just another of your little fantasies

Oh goody goody! MORE insults! And still no answer. Tail between legs...hurling insults...hot DAMN am I good! Totally dead accurate.

For the record, I realize that GWB's inauguration shin-digs were paid for with corporate donations - among others. I also realize that the upcoming inauguration is receiving a lot of $$ from private donors. $9.7 million from 240...$40,416.67/person...well to do folk t'would seem. I don't give a rat's ass.

Again - Rushmc asked a very simple question. You aren't answering it...why, exactly? Because facing the truth about the media is a bit too tough, perchance?

Vinny the Anvil
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Again - Rushmc asked a very simple question.

ITs the only kind some of you ever ask... simple.

The question was answered.. that is why its different this time.. a HELL Of a lot of people are in Washington to party... I am sorry that there are those who are too fucking stupid to see that the more people there are it costs more... to throw the far more numerous parties... unlike the last Inaugural that was reserved for the power elites... exclusivity of your right wing buddies.... now the parties are for the REST of the people.

So stick your little tail between your legs and run along.

Suck it up cupcake.. its going to be a LONG painfull 8 years for you guys. Obama is doing the best he can to actually be inclusive .. and govern from the middle from what I see... very very painful indeed after the crap you have done to this country.... I bet it just chaps your poor little butt.

ANOTHER dodge!

Elites, eh? The sort of folk that could afford to donate $40K or so to an inauguration? Those sort of elites?

I realize full and well that more people = more $$. I also realize that RUSHMC was not speaking about the magnitude of people. He was speaking of media denigration of GWB's inaugural cost and how no such denigration has come forth from the same media about the upcoming inaugural and its costs. You've failed to answer the query as to why...and the reason is most obvious.

Keep running! Note - I answer; you insult and do not. Pretty nice compare and contrast. Going to tell us why you support racial discrimination today? Since you've changed topics thrice now...perhaps you're eager to answer that simple query. Something to get off your chest after all this time. Might be tough to answer whilst running, but if you concentrate, I'm sure you might be up to it...then again, probably not. You've ran from that question every time I've posed it. Just as you have from this one.

Vinny the Anvil
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

V,

You know all too well that if you ask a question that will make the democrats look bad by the truth you will be blasted by insults, name calling and massive bashing. That is what bullies do when they can’t act like decent people. It is the new way of the democrats. I voted for Clinton and Gore but this time when I asked questions of my own party (a right I thought I had as an American) I was outcast so I exercised my right and changed parties mainly because of the republican bashing people that post here. My favorite is when they tell you that they are not your friend anymore………….sounds like something I would hear in my granddaughters school class………….sad.
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

Going to tell us why you support racial discrimination today? Since you've changed topics thrice now...perhaps you're eager to answer that simple query. Something to get off your chest after all this time. Might be tough to answer whilst running, but if you concentrate, I'm sure you might be up to it...then again, probably not. You've ran from that question every time I've posed it.

I support it because it gives others a chance. and that is why affirmative action was put in place to redress the abuses of your group....to give others a chance at the education and jobs. instead of little assholes who feel entitled because they have always had the power and all others were excluded..

Would I prefer it to be otherwise.. yes.. and someday maybe it WILL be done away with.. when there really is equal opportunity for all.

LMFAO. Concur in many ways.

I voted for El Jefe Clintonista when he ran against George Bush. My last DemoKKKlanic vote at the national level. I became a very hypocritical libertarian afterwards, though I tend to vote Republican because the Dems piss me off so badly.

:S

Vinny the Anvil
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

FINALLY! You've admitted you support racial discrimination! Most excellent! I'm very proud of you. The long tradition of your party of running like cowards from that question is well documented. You're a standout. Try and rub that off on Kallend. He needs to finally come clean too.

Now back to RUSHMC's query about your beloved media...will we ever get an answer there?

Vinny the Anvil
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Turst me I have NO problem seeing you as a DemoKKKlanic voter but I thought MOST of you left that party in the late 60's..

And what you style as racial discrimination is just the opposite from those who dont support racial discrimination.. they ARE racial discrimination.. usually sexist thrown in as well.

You and Mike forget.. that I grew up in that world you miss so much...Personally.. I dont miss it at all... even more distressing how much of it came to the surface this year.