airdvr

Obama Countdown

Want to put some money on how many wars Obama gets us into???

What would that prove? You think he will (or should) cower away from any such situation?

EDITED: WTF does that have to do with his inaguration expenditures, anyway? It's ok for the waste of money because you don't think he'll go to war? The country is at war now and the economy is a complete mess. Yet you think it's ok for him to spend 100M because in the future (in your opinion) he probably won't take us into another war. It's either a waste of money or it's not.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

EDITED: WTF does that have to do with his inaguration expenditures, anyway? It's ok for the waste of money because you don't think he'll go to war? The country is at war now and the economy is a complete mess. Yet you think it's ok for him to spend 100M because in the future (in your opinion) he probably won't take us into another war. It's either a waste of money or it's not.

Think about it..
rub a few of those brain cells together.... and get back to us.

Key words BOLDED

Two can play this game. :)

Oh man, you left out the halo.... I was going to use this for my icon, but I don't think the rules allow political messages for those.

Thanks anyway, you're a real sport !

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

As you pointed out, there was not much to celebrate on either of the Bush 'victories.' Any money spent on the last party would have been better spent on protecting the soldiers fighting the war he started.
The situation is much different this time around. We have a clear winner, and like it or not, have to hope he does a good job and get behind him. In a way I would like to see a grand gesture of govt. economy by Obama, but this is not the time for it. A lot of our economic problems are due to a lack of confidence rather than a lack of money. Projecting an image of America that can't afford to launch this guy properly is hardly a way to generate confidence, Maybe a good show here will help turn things around.
OTOH, I would like to see him pick up the abandoned quest to cut waste and BS from govt. He seems like a smart guy so far. Maybe he will be a good president. We are overdue for one I'd say.
But what do I know?

Your type cheer when Obama spends 100m, but bitched about Bush spending 50m. And the only reason is the political party.

Obama has been soliciting donations from individuals specifically for inauguration costs, and not accepting PAC offers. In my opinion, all monies so acquired should be spent on the task for which they were donated.

Bleus,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Think about it..

Key words BOLDED

So what you're telling me is...

We're still at war and the economy is a mess but 100 Mil for the party is fine cause he's a dem.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

Think about it..

Key words BOLDED

So what you're telling me is...

We're still at war and the economy is a mess but 100 Mil for the party is fine cause he's a dem.

That about covers it, yup.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

That about covers it, yup.

It sure does...

Too bad the guy there now was so goat fucking stupid to take us to an optional war to grab oil for his oil buddies...

Speaking of his buddies... I bet they have plenty of money now that they do not have to work in this economy and will be haviong plenty of parties for the forseeable future.

its hilarious, that people think the republicans went to war to get "oil money" for their buddies. the war definetly cost too much in lives and money, but all wars do.

he also wasted a bunch of money in africa, but nobody in the press ever wants to write about it.

When President Bush came to power in 2001, the US spent $1.4bn a year on humanitarian and development aid in Africa. By 2006, the figure had quadrupled to $5.6bn a year. And it is likely to get bigger. The centrepiece of Mr Bush's aid to Africa is the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (Pepfar), a five-year, $15bn Aids prevention and treatment programme launched in 2003. His most recent budget proposes doubling the funding to $30bn over the next five years.

it has helped to fund anti-retroviral (ARV) drugs for 1.3 million people across the continent. Before, the US funded ARV treatment for just 50,000 people.
Born ok 1st time.

he also wasted a bunch of money in africa, but nobody in the press ever wants to write about it.

When President Bush came to power in 2001, the US spent $1.4bn a year on humanitarian and development aid in Africa. By 2006, the figure had quadrupled to $5.6bn a year. And it is likely to get bigger. The centrepiece of Mr Bush's aid to Africa is the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (Pepfar), a five-year, $15bn Aids prevention and treatment programme launched in 2003. His most recent budget proposes doubling the funding to $30bn over the next five years.

it has helped to fund anti-retroviral (ARV) drugs for 1.3 million people across the continent. Before, the US funded ARV treatment for just 50,000 people.

Uh... seems to me that is money that has helped people.

15 bil../ 5 =3 billion a year... I think they blow that in a day in Iraq

How many billions did it cost to kill each Iraqi???

Ask yourself this.. What is the family business of Bush and Cheney and who has benefited the most from this war.....

Follow the money...

its hilarious, that people think the republicans went to war to get "oil money" for their buddies. the war definetly cost too much in lives and money, but all wars do.

How dare you point out anything good that has happened during the Bush years. :o
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

uhh........like i said war costs too many lives and too much money. it always does (lemme splain ...WE AGREE)

family businesses? um, could it be politics? yeah they both wealthy. have been for most of, if not all of their lives. did they make money off iraq war? yep, donated to charities, even cheney's haliburton stock option payouts are given to charity. they already both rich as hell. muuhahahaawaw " lets take over iraq so i can give more money to charity" muuhahahahahaw. who benefitted from the war? dont know yet. it is starting to turn around over there.
are they saints? no. they both still rich as hell. did they make mistakes? definetly.
thinking people in iraq would help us, once we got rid of hussein. nope. they saw us as christian invaders of holy muslim land.
econmomy? war is expensive. but the economic collapse of banking is both dems and repubs fault.
Born ok 1st time.

The "chosen one" is breaking records...

I like how the right wingers put "chosen one" in quotation marks, when it's actually only themselves that they're quoting:S

no - actually it is the media - try the google button -
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Yeah.. that whole armored Humvee thing... too bad you guys did not give those to our troops before they were sent into harms way. ITs a little late after hundreds of your fellow americans are dead because you dont give a rats ass. Its the NEO-CON thing to do.

So Obama is just doing the same thing Bush did, only much bigger?

THAT is what we are all scared of.

and I'm not talking about a party.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun