dgskydive

Aggiedave will like this..here is a Sheepdog for ya. I love her

I think if you are qualified you should be able to open carry anywhere. I like concealed better tho. If everybody thought everybody is packing it would be a way more polite world. ;) Good on her. I hope she wins her case.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Cerrtainly NO "sheepdog"!!>:( Speaking as someone who's kept, rescued & bred Border Collies for years, I can assure you that the first qualities of a "Sheepdog" are intelligence, obedience, teamwork and usefulness (Collie is old Northumbrian for useful). Qualities which this woman manifestly does not possess.

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

I'm going to take a different side on this...

She should get her CCP, but not to agree with the crowd. Carrying a gun in the open makes her the first target should some fruit loop decide to do something. If it were concealed, she'd just be one of the crowd and could protect herself, the children and others...

And, I'm not sure the article isn't right where it states, "In Pennsylvania, gun owners are allowed to carry weapons in the open as Hain does, but need a permit to conceal them in a pocket, purse or car. So without a permit, Hain could still carry a gun at the game but couldn't take it in the car to get there."

Most of the more gun-friendly states still have some provision against transporting a weapon without a CCP. In Oklahoma, there are thirteen legal reasons to transport a weapon (to target practice, for repairs, for sale, etc.), but in no case can the weapon be loaded in "transport" if one doesn't have a CCP.

Plus, one has to have the ammunition separate from the weapon, the weapon cannot be out in the open, nor can one get to the weapon and/or ammunition in one move. So, for example; you'd have to keep your weapon in the glove box and the ammo in the closed center console to meet the "Transport" requirements.

I'm not sure of Pennsylvania's "Transport" statutes, but if it requires the weapon and ammo to be separate in any manner; it seems to me that she would actually increase her ability to protect herself more 100% of the time by having the CCP.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I think if you are qualified you should be able to open carry anywhere. I like concealed better tho. If everybody thought everybody is packing it would be a way more polite world.

Because that works so well in places where everyone IS openly carrying weapons like the middle east?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I think if you are qualified you should be able to open carry anywhere. I like concealed better tho. If everybody thought everybody is packing it would be a way more polite world.

Because that works so well in places where everyone IS openly carrying weapons like the middle east?

Completely different attitudes on life and living. Absolutly no comparison.

Nice try though.....
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>Completely different attitudes on life and living.

And how are they different?

(This should be good.)

Hmmm,
(yes, this should be good)

I guess we should soon expect US parents to send their kids out with bombs straped to themselves to kill others.

You know, for the virgins? ( or maybe the money for the family?)

Ya, should be good........

I guess you do not believe that there are different standards for life in different parts of the world.

I had no idea you were so bigoted and/or narrow minded.
Abraham Lincoln

>I had no idea you were so bigoted

Exactly. You think Middle Easterners are completely different from us, and send their kids out with bombs on themselves to kill others. For virgins. And thus there's no comparison between them and us. I recall such attitudes being used to explain why blacks were naturally shiftless. No bigotry there; just common sense.

Whereas me, bigot that I am, find not all that much difference between the people from Iraq and Iran that I know and the people from Texas I know. Indeed, they are far more similar than they are different. They want to be left alone to raise their kids, live their own lives and build their own dreams. How racist of me.

>I had no idea you were so bigoted

Exactly. You think Middle Easterners are completely different from us, and send their kids out with bombs on themselves to kill others. For virgins. And thus there's no comparison between them and us. I recall such attitudes being used to explain why blacks were naturally shiftless. No bigotry there; just common sense.

Whereas me, bigot that I am, find not all that much difference between the people from Iraq and Iran that I know and the people from Texas I know. Indeed, they are far more similar than they are different. They want to be left alone to raise their kids, live their own lives and build their own dreams. How racist of me.

Oh, nice twist and redirection.

YOU said they are different. Again your lack of respect for other culture is distressing. I though being different was OK with you???

Fact is they do have different views of life and living. So my comparison was spot on, regarless of your crap.

But, if you are correct, and all is the same, I guess you will teach your kids it is ok to do these things. (to kill others by strapping bombs on themselve for the virgins)

I await you next redirect...
Abraham Lincoln

Com'n man. This ain't M.E. Give me a break

YOU said they are different. Again your lack of respect for other culture is distressing. I though being different was OK with you???

Fact is they do have different views of life and living. So my comparison was spot on, regarless of your crap.

Bill never said anyone was different.

You obviously have never meet Bill. He is as far from a bigot as you can get. Re-read his post. There was a lot of sarcasm in his words.
Dom

Com'n man. This ain't M.E. Give me a break

Wait. You're not saying that all of the other gun references some people spout here about how if it happens in one country it will happen here are now hogwash are you?

I thought one of the basic concepts people like the NRA and other folks on this web site (JR in particular) almost always cited gun use in other countries; both good and bad, as also being applicable here. For instance, if you register weapons, then the government will just use that information to take them away.

Well, which is it? Do gun analogies to other countries work or don't they?

You can't have it both ways.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Cerrtainly NO "sheepdog"!!Mad Speaking as someone who's kept, rescued & bred Border Collies for years, I can assure you that the first qualities of a "Sheepdog" are intelligence, obedience, teamwork and usefulness (Collie is old Northumbrian for useful). Qualities which this woman manifestly does not possess.

Obviously you dont like hand guns, and you have the right not to carry one. She has the right to do so and should be allowed to if she wants too. She is not the enemy.

It still kills me that people get so upset about people that legally carry guns. They are not the problem. It is the criminals that are the problem not law abiding citizens.

You attack her intelligence based on your fear hand guns.

The only problem I have with it is that she needs a better holster. She should keep the trigger covered and have a strap on it so that it doesnt get pulled accidentally or fall out and somehow go off.

You shouldnt be worried about her, you should worry about the thug on the street that has a handgun or knife hidden away and is going to use it to rob and kill you.

I laughed at a quote in that article that said she has nothing to worry about going to a 5 year olds soccer game. That person obviously lives in a bubble. Innocent people get beat or killed all the time at youth sporting events.
Dom

The only problem I have with it is that she needs a better holster. She should keep the trigger covered and have a strap on it so that it doesnt get pulled accidentally or fall out and somehow go off.

It's a Glock that just does not happen with them. Safety is on the trigger and no external hammer.

Wow i miss shooting my baby:)
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

ya know, leave it to some post-menopausal broad with a life-long case of penis envy and a misdirected maternal instict to pull some shit like this. This nothing but the feeble attempt of a feeble minded soccer mom to "enpower" herself in a male-dominant world under the guise of protecting her children from the latest round of scare tactics put on by the mainstream media. I bet it makes her feel good to know that if anyone tried to rape her she could literally shoot him down, like she wishes she could do when some punch drunk loser shows interest at her local watering hole. Too bad no one ever does. I guess she doesn't realize that most rapists would gather stick their cock into a meat grinder than get a well lubed handjob from her. Her punishment should be to 5 years of doing the sheriffs dishes and to give that gun to someone who really needs it...a hot 21 year old stripper.

Bill never said anyone was different.

You obviously have never meet Bill. He is as far from a bigot as you can get. Re-read his post. There was a lot of sarcasm in his words.

As there were in mine.

If you re-read my post you will see I never said what he insinuated either.
Abraham Lincoln

It still kills me that people get so upset about people that legally carry guns. They are not the problem. It is the criminals that are the problem not law abiding citizens.

You attack her intelligence based on your fear hand guns.

That is not the issue. Your "what-if" is: What if some nut comes along and decide to do any harm to any of the presesent?. And i admit you may have a point there, but i have another "what-if": What if she goes nuts and decide to shoot at any of the presents, no matter how law-abidden she may be? or maybe this one: What if her kid takes her gun and shoots my kid either as a game or over a petty dispute?

Is my "what-if" any less valid than yours? If so, prove it.

Maybe I shouldn't be allowed to drive a car.

What if I see someone I don't like crossing the street & try to run him over?

Exactly my point. But if your level of paranoia is high enough that you have the need to pack heat in a kid´s soccer game, why cannot i be paranoid enough to think that you are going to go nuts and try to harm me?

I have no issue with her right to carry.

What bothers me is how amazingly freakishly paranoid she is. Seriously, reread some of her comments and views in the article. This woman needs psychological help, not because she's packing, but because she's paranoid to the point it's affecting her life negatively.

She decided to pack because of a CAR ACCIDENT? It's not like her home was invaded, etc.

This woman needs help. You know they say "guns don't kill people, people kill people?" Yeah. people like her.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

I know about the glocks safety, but it can still happen if the kids get there fingers in there. Or she gets something else stuck in there. I am all for people carrying weapons legally, but I also think that she should take EVERY precaution just to make sure.

Take another look at the photo - the trigger guard IS covered.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I know about the glocks safety, but it can still happen if the kids get there fingers in there. Or she gets something else stuck in there. I am all for people carrying weapons legally, but I also think that she should take EVERY precaution just to make sure.

Take another look at the photo - the trigger guard IS covered.

IMO the downside of the Glock. I usually keep one hot and the trigger safety isn't much of a safety. My holster does cover the trigger tho. The upside. You're good to go w/o having to fumble w/ a saftey if you need it fast. A tradeoff IMO.