lewmonst

Democrats are more like Jesus than Republicans

Republicans = OT
Democrats = NT
While the left might show a bit more compassion than the right, it does not take away from the fact they both beleive a giant invisable man in the sky is watching over our every move.

Choose to live a REALITY based life.

So this thought of yours.

Are you saying that Democrats are more like Jesus than Republicans are like Jesus
or
Are you saying that Democrats are more like Jesus than they are like Republicans

Your thoughts are unclear and jumbled; Come on get your thoughts sorted:P

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Sorry to be confusing, I was stating the republicans seem to base thier beliefs more on the old testament (OT) and the dems more on the new testament (NT). The dems do seem to show a little more Jesus like compassion but in the end it's all based on superstition...

Is there something that confuses you ? democrats are more liike Jesus. ( Do unto others, forgiveness, help the poor) They tend to base thier beliefs on the teachings of the new testament.
Republicans seem to base thier beliefs on the old testament ( homophobia, capital punishment, creationism)
I choose to believe in reality, religion just fucks everything up. It is fun at times debating people that believe the earth is 5000 years old and thier is an invisable man in the sky who watches our every move.

I thought it was kinda sexist of Jesus to have a council of 12 men. I can understand them all being approximately the same race - people didn't travel much in those days, so there wasn't as much diversity. For such a progressive guy, you would think he would have one or two women in his following (DaVinci code notwithstanding).
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

OK. I get it.

WHat he's saying is that "BC" really means; Before Clinton.

And "AD" really means; After Dubya.

Hope this helps.

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

Could you imagine the outcry in Right wing Bible belt America if they found out that JC looked more like a Middle Eastern terrorist than a white middele class American student - That would be so funny, I'd laugh my tits off.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Sure - he was filthy and wouldn't get a haircut

he didn't have a job

he talked about fairness, yet he hung out with 12 men only so he said one thing, but lived the other

he couldn't get a girlfriend

if he was hungry, instead of working, he'd hope for handouts or some outside entity to do it for him

he talked about equality for everybody, but in reality considered himself better than the others

drank cheap wine

blamed his father for everything wrong in his life

yadda
yadda
yadda

I can do the equivalent mockery of the right wing too if anyone wants

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

democrats are more liike Jesus. ( Do unto others, forgiveness, help the poor)

Democrats forgive other dems, for example, it was easy to forgive brother Bill for the bj and for the perjury about it, but there wasn't much forgiveness for Sarah Palin's daughter, only attacks. And then the there's the vice president elect in charge of the party to help the poor. He gave a whopping three grand to charity over the last 10 years.

I wonder why you'd want to compare political parties to something you don't believe in, but I'll try to clear something up. I personally don't believe in Democrats or Republicans, they have both become lost IMHO. But Jesus never said "lets give everything to Ceasar (create a huge federal gov't)and let him sort things out the best he sees fit."

He did say this in Mathw 22: 36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'

You can't send this responsibility to a government and consider it done.
The forecast is mostly sunny with occasional beer.