Darius11

Do you believe in Karma or a sort of justice in the world?

I am writing this simply because I am frustrated and I have been arguing with my God for a while now.

Do you believe being a good person will reward you in some way?

I used too. Lately I am beginning to think the people I think of as ass holes might have it right. The people who take all they can in every aspect of life as long as they don’t get caught. The narcissist who only viwe the world as what can it do for me.

It seems that those are the people who seem to succeed, and there is no reward for being hard working and honest anymore.

I don’t know this has been a though year, and a though life. What has always kept me on the straight and narrow has been my beliefs that being a hardworking good person will take care of you. Lately I think I am a fool I should have been much more selfish.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

You get the reward of knowing that you're a nice guy, and if you're very lucky the people around you might notice it too.

Apart from that, no.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

You get the reward of knowing that you're a nice guy, and if you're very lucky the people around you might notice it too.

Apart from that, no.

Being nice usually means you deal with things that other might not, you do something that puts you on the line for someone else. Why would you do that if there is no reward? I am not disagreeing with you I guess I just don’t get it. If there is no justice then it is only about dominance. That world would suck but it is what it is.

Karma should be thought of a lot like the old saying, "you make your own hell."

While I don't believe in Karma carried over from one life to the next or the idea of the Universe getting back at you for bad behavior, I certainly do believe that if you do bad enough things, the repercussions of those things do eventually catch up with you. Not because of some mystical force, but because people remember and take revenge. Maybe not a actual knife in the back, but certainly a figurative one, although sometimes the first does happen.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

It seems that those are the people who seem to succeed

Maybe you need to reevaluate your criteria for success?

For some being successful means having lots of things or maybe having lots of nice things or having a really expensive house.

Others consider themselves successful by having a big family.

The question you need to answer is what your definition of successful is and are you living it?

For some success is a destination and the holding on to it. For others its a journey.

The question are you successful has many answers. All you need is one. Yours.

Apart from that, no.

+1

You do the right thing because it's the right thing to do, not because God or karma or government welfare will be nice to you for it.

Maybe you need to reevaluate your criteria for success?

I have been trying to lock it down, I go from Bob Marley to Donald trump and back again.

The question you need to answer is what your definition of successful is and are you living it?

No not living it and not even close.
My definition of success there might be less then .000001% of the population that live that life. It does have a lot to do with financial successes but not because I want to seem successful but so I can do all the things I want. Scuba dive every where, Build my own vehicles, race F1 cars, Have your own jet air plane and not a G5 but an old soviet mig 29 that you can fly the hell out of.

I know it is not realistic but for some it is. I want to experience all the trills and then die in a fiery crash someday when I am bored. I know it sounds stupid but I can’t help being bored with a normal life.

No not living it and not even close.

People are not usually very happy if they don't consider themselves successful.

I used to think like you do. I thought I wouldn't be successful unless I reached a certain destination. Now I consider myself successful as long as I am on the path to do all the things I want to do. Being on the path and moving forward is more important then reaching all the way points.

Also don't make the path too narrow or you will never be able to stay on it.

The reward is feeling good about being good. What more do you want?

Maybe your right, maybe if i was bad i would not be able to sleep at night maybe i am taking the peace of mind i have for granted.

I think that people who do bad things find ways to justify what they do and don't see what they do as being bad. That way they don't feel bad about hurting others.

example for con artists

If they are gullible enough to be duped by me then they don't deserve their money. That way I don't have to feel bad about taking it.

About as much as I believe in a large rabbit that lays chocolate eggs.

I believe in actions and reactions.

Karma is just a term religions haters use as a substitute for their own use.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I think that people who do bad things find ways to justify what they do and don't see what they do as being bad. That way they don't feel bad about hurting others.

example for con artists

If they are gullible enough to be duped by me then they don't deserve their money. That way I don't have to feel bad about taking it.

Everybody is the "hero" of their own story. It's all point of view.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I am writing this simply because I am frustrated and I have been arguing with my God for a while now.

Over the phone? email? what tone of voice did he, she your "god" take??

No, Karma my arse... if you need a reason / reward to be nice then thats your problem..
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

Being a good person to YOURSELF is first and foremost, and does pay off. If you hold to your values and truths, you'll be ahead of someone who doesn't. The reward is not monetary, it can't be measured, but it is what allows you to sleep at night.

Because humans are animals, one can not assume they are going respond any different than animals when placed under the same stresses. As the world becomes more populated, and resources are spread more thinly, people will instinctively do what is needed to secure their "piece". There is no "karma, or justice", simply reality. Eventually the "justice of nature" will eliminate the human race as the resources get too thin, and even then live will still attempt to survive.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Apart from that, no.

+1

You do the right thing because it's the right thing to do, not because God or karma or government welfare will be nice to you for it.

QFT
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706