quade

Presidential Pardons - Who's gonna get one?

I read an article that said that W was going to resign after Jan 1 and Cheny would issue a presidential pardon.

It was a laughable article, but really shows the mindset of some people. Then again the article continued to say that the then new POTUS would resign and his VP, probably Rice would issue a pardon as well. Even though a new VP would have to go through the Senate...
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I read an article that said that W was going to resign after Jan 1 and Cheny would issue a presidential pardon.

The problem there is, how can you pardon somebody that hasn't been charged yet.

I'm guessing that Scooter probably will get one, I dunno about Stevens, but I'm guessing not.

Just curious who anybody else thinks might be in or out of "favor" and could use one.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I told you the article was out there and really gave insight into some person's "interesting" thought processes.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Given that I support the legalization of marijuana (though I've never used it; odd for a Kentuckian), I'd like to see him pardon every non-violent marijuana-related offender in the country. That would be huge.

:)

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Bin Laden
wait- he already got one
OH SNAP!!!!

While the current Administration let him go, I really don't think the next one will. It will be interesting to see how long it takes when the guy in charge has no connection to Bin Laden's friends and supporters in the Saudi royalty.
quade -

Let me get this straight - you REALLY think the reason OBL hasn't been caught is because the Bush family has ties to the Saudis?
Gimme a fucking BREAK! Absurd.:S

The Administration certainly didn't have the passion for it you'd think they would after OBL had killed about 3,000 US citizens.

It might not be the only reason, but I can't imagine it not being among them.
quade -

Bin Laden
wait- he already got one
OH SNAP!!!!

While the current Administration let him go, I really don't think the next one will. It will be interesting to see how long it takes when the guy in charge has no connection to Bin Laden's friends and supporters in the Saudi royalty.

Considering that OBL is not in best terms with his family members close to the Bush family, I doubt it had much to do with it.
However, I could very well see the following happening under the new administration:
- a deal is reached between the Taliban, the Karzai administration and the myriad of local warlords, for a share of the power
- the coalition forces "stumble" upon OBL's hideout
- OBL on a plane to the US, and shortly thereafter the coalition forces announce a speedy pull out from Afghanistan

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Ok I'll admit that that was a cheap shot, but Clinton was accused on more than one occasion to have given Bin Laden a pass..Yes?

I'm just a little frustrated that billions were spent on a war on a sovereign nation to successfully capture and execute a loosely accused despotic ruler yet the actual perpetrator of 911- or so we think is still at large, supposedly.

In the mean time we the tax payer have no resolution to the 911 attacks after spending billions and yet we still have to peel more skin off our back to bail out corporations adding to a seemingly endless deficit. While at the same time we can't make any money due to the fact the global economy has been severely decimated because the world is run by MORONS who have the foresight of a fucking goldfish!
Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

Let me get this straight - you REALLY think the reason OBL hasn't been caught is because the Bush family has ties to the Saudis?

Gimme a fucking BREAK! Absurd.

:S

My aunt believes that WWF wrestling is real and the moon landing was faked.
;)

i have some friends and family who have pretty extreme ideas about "what goes on that we don't know about". some call ideas like these conspiracy theories:P. i could never say one way or the other how true they are, and its definitely not healthy to have that kind of paranoia and distrust. however, i think its equally unhealthy to have blind trust in a government/system/person charged with protecting you (us), especially one who has failed. and yes, i know he swore we'd never be attacked on our soil again - and we haven't. but at what cost? the arrogance with which we take lives, the double standard that exists to justify our actions abroad...ugh. (wow, i hijacked my own post:D)

bush is walking out of the white house on a trail of unanswered questions, shady actions, and question marks. i think its a shame more people weren't questioning his motives sooner. of course, he had the big bad terrorism banner to hide behind. [:/] count me in as another one who finds it odd that OBL keeps slipping through our fingertips. i'm just not informed enough to allude to a reason why that is....
Oh Canada, merci pour la livraison!

The Administration certainly didn't have the passion for it you'd think they would after OBL had killed about 3,000 US citizens.

It might not be the only reason, but I can't imagine it not being among them.

Why the hell would the Administiration go after a bunch of guys from Saudi Arabia that attacked the USA.

Why was it again that so many Saudi's were on flights out of the country while everything else was grounded????

Why was it again that so many Saudi's were on flights out of the country while everything else was grounded????

Maybe because you have been bit by the conspiracy theory monster!:P

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/flights.asp

According to Snopes that claim is BULLSHIT! Sorry:(
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Did you actually READ the article??? DID the Saudi's leave this country or did they not????

Did people in the Administration know they were leaving????

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm[:/]

Oh... lets not forget....what was the nationality of MOST of the hijackers??

Did you actually READ the article??? DID the Saudi's leave this country or did they not????

They might have left. How the hell should I know. But according to snopes there wanst some black op's plane flyin out when everything else was grounded.

Did people in the Administration know they were leaving????

From what I have seen of Bush I dont think he knows what he had for breakfast much less who was on a plane.

Oh... lets not forget....what was the nationality of MOST of the hijackers??

Oh lets not go a racial profile anyone now!:P
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

AB-FUCKING-SURD!

Uh huh . . . how'd that VP pick of yours turn out? Still think she's the right woman for the job? I just wanna know how tuned into reality some people think they are.
quade -

Ford pardoned Nixon - were there actually any charges after he resigned? And Carter pardoned all the draft dodgers from Vietnam.

So the trick would be to pardon Chaney, then resign, then get the favor returned. Lacks subtlety, but I'm not sure that has ever been his strong suit.

Ford pardoned Nixon - were there actually any charges after he resigned? And Carter pardoned all the draft dodgers from Vietnam.

So the trick would be to pardon Chaney, then resign, then get the favor returned. Lacks subtlety, but I'm not sure that has ever been his strong suit.

Hmmm, you're right! I just read the Ford pardoning Nixon transcript and it -was- a blanket pardon.

"Now, therefore, I, Gerald R. Ford, President of the United States, pursuant to the pardon power conferred upon me by Article II, Section 2, of the Constitution, have granted and by these presents do grant a full, free, and absolute pardon unto Richard Nixon for all offenses against the United States which he, Richard Nixon, has committed or may have committed or taken part in during the period from July (January) 20, 1969 through August 9, 1974."

So, something like that that could get Bush 43 off the hook from US persecution. Probably not international though.

Looking through the FutureCam™, I don't see that happening in this particular universe though. In the singular case of Nixon it probably was the only way to do it.

The Carter pardon was kinda the opposite, a huge number of people got the pardon but for ONLY one particular thing.

Can you possibly imagine the rioting in the streets if Bush were to grant a blanket pardon for all the members of PNAC in his Administration for its entire duration?
quade -

She turned out quite well. Keep her in mind - you haven't seen the last of her.

Since you brought her up - I'll restate this: if she had been afforded the same courtesy Obama was by the MSM, she'd have a MUCH better standing in the eyes of many. It is impossible for any literate human to place Charlie Gibson's questions of her beside those he asked of Sen. Obama and conclude he was unbiased. It cannot be done. Period.

Your insinuation about GWB and OBL is absurd in every regard.

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Your insinuation about GWB and OBL is absurd in every regard.

Every one except, the truth.

The Bush family has a LONG standing relationship with the Saudi royal family, the Saudi royal family OPENLY finances OBL.

To say there is NO connection is what is absurd.
quade -