sartre

"How cool would it be to say, 'I've kissed but one man in my life'?"

How much ya wanna bet that the left out part of that excerpt was, "and if there is a lapse in judgement, a $1000 vow of faith will put your daughter right back on the rails of righteousness."

Dead relatives? I used to see mine on the centerline of I-20 in the middle of the night when driving across Texas. They were waving;)

Does that mean you were getting "road head"?
That's how I interpret that one. :o
Always be kinder than you feel.

"How cool would it be to say, 'I've kissed but one man in my life'?"

About as cool as it is to wash the bathroom floor. Unfortunately for this man, saying that it's cool doesn't actually make it cool. With the continued mindset that the opposite of purity is slutty for women, realistic and safe approaches are missed entirely.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

>About as cool as it is to wash the bathroom floor.

I wonder if that would work. A countrywide campaign, spread throughout our churches, in which fathers take to the pulpits and say "how cool would it be for you to say 'I washed the floor?' Say it with pride, and we will go to war to ensure you can say that!" You could have cleanliness pledges. Couples could exchange (lemon scented) Pledge rings.

Think of the sparkling clean floors throughout the US. What a great way to clean up the US.

Hmm...the way you say it, it actually doesn't sound so bad if we brainwash kids into thinking cleaning is cool. My nephews could come over and clean to become popular. I'd have fewer dust bunnies. I think it would work out just fine! I bet whoever said "Cleanliess is next to godliness," was just too lazy to do the dishes.

I think a lot of assumptions about people who have never had sex before marriage is wrong. In cultures where it is practiced more frequently they have a much better success rate in marriage then we do.

But often that 'success' is coupled with not giving the women much of a choice in the matter.

I think a lot of assumptions about people who have never had sex before marriage is wrong. In cultures where it is practiced more frequently they have a much better success rate in marriage then we do.

But often that 'success' is coupled with not giving the women much of a choice in the matter.

Combined with giving the guy multiple choice.

How much ya wanna bet that the left out part of that excerpt was, "and if there is a lapse in judgement, a $1000 vow of faith will put your daughter right back on the rails of righteousness."

Dead relatives? I used to see mine on the centerline of I-20 in the middle of the night when driving across Texas. They were waving;)

Does that mean you were getting "road head"?
That's how I interpret that one. :o

That's why I like ya McSwerv B|, you get all the points.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

To much emphasis is put on physical/sexual gratification. If we would put as much emphasis on Spiritual development, life would be a lot less complicated.

So would your life be less complicated, and more fulfilling, if you had kissed but one woman in your entire life?

To much emphasis is put on physical/sexual gratification. If we would put as much emphasis on Spiritual development, life would be a lot less complicated.

So would your life be less complicated, and more fulfilling, if you had kissed but one woman in your entire life?

I think anything can be less complicated and more fulfilling if you are doing it for yourself, whether it is purity or sleeping around. When you start making life decisions based on other people's expectations of you, that's when it gets messy.

I would add that sometimes too much religion is focused on sex. Or rather, "anti-sex."

I'm not saying anything goes. But on the other hand, the excessive anti-sex guilt-mongering is really about social control, not about what Jesus said. If Jesus died on the cross to tell us "Keep It In Your Pants" then he would have spent a little more time discussing that topic in the Gospels.

Yeah, they did have sex back then.:P

The social control element is not hard to understand: If people are going around fucking everyone in town willy-nilly, you get a lot of unwanted babies, unwed mothers, and sexually-transmitted diseases. They put a religious spin on it to make sure everyone obeys, but there are obvious practical reasons for trying to put a lid on sex.

Undead Meat Gazers are not the actual, practical reasons.

Hey, The Undead Meat Gazers would be a good name for a band. Or a horror movie.

:PB|

Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Yes, my life is very uncomplicated, liberated and joyous. Thanks for asking. And yes, the first woman I kissed was the one I married. It was easy to see at an early age that hedonistic sex was not the answer, so I focused on what was.