quade

Does Walmart still sell guns?

Ok, not trying to start a controversy here but I'm getting conflicting reports and I'm now curious?

Does Walmart still sell guns in it's stores?

If not, is there a ubiquitous store, such as Walmart, that does sell guns, beer and throwaway cell phones all in one location?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Yes. The Super Walmart here in Layton sell alcohol, tobacco and firearms all in the same store (that is to say under the same roof). Why do you ask?

Wanted to use it in a little piece I'm writing but didn't want to be inaccurate if they didn't sell them any more.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Yes. The Super Walmart here in Layton sell alcohol, tobacco and firearms all in the same store (that is to say under the same roof). Why do you ask?

Wanted to use it in a little piece I'm writing but didn't want to be inaccurate if they didn't sell them any more.

I'd expect it to remain true, within the confines of each state's firearm laws. Ex, in California, you have to wait 10 days. So you couldn't stroll in and buy all 3, but you could come back and do so.

Wouldn't surprise me if some states prohibit the sale of alcohol with the other two, but of course one would just go to the car, leave the first set, and go back in. It wouldn't be a very enforceable law.

Now, to be complete, you'd also need to add that the same is true in the alley behind the liquor store in many parts.

Hi qd,
That's a "YES" here at my local Wally-World in Clinton NC. They sell the "Big 3" Alcohol, Tobacco and firearms!! Good prices too! Fed 550 rnd .22LR "value packs" for $13.95 + $0.98 tax get em' before 'Obaaaahhhhhhhmahami raises it 500%!!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Yup but no handguns. All you have are some shotguns and some low grade rifles. They sell a lot of crappy ammo too.

Honestly, I can't think of a single person I know that has purchased a gun at WalMart.

With lead in everything else they sell that was made in China, why not some bullets?:D

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

The Walmart's in Ohio are spoty on it. City based ones don't but the more rural ones do. The suburb ones sell limited selection, no hand guns and the long gun selection is basically shotguns or rimfires. All the Ammo you want but handgun ammo requires drives license and above 21. It sucks since they consider .22 a handgun round. I grew up dumping a carton full of 22's though my 10-22 every other week it seemed and was able to buy more as needed once I could drive.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

You know, if you own a .22 then you probably have around 1000-2000rds in your house some where. You want to go plink and you can't find the brick of ammo you bought at Wal-Mart last time; so you go back to Wal-Mart and buy another brick of ammo. You shoot a couple hundred rounds and go home. When you get home you put your new and slightly used brick of ammo away, right next to the brick of ammo you couldn't find that morning.

Then you wake up one morning and want to go plinking again, but you can't find your two slightly used bricks of ammo. So you go to Wal-Mart and buy another brick of ammo...

I used to plink sitting on the back deck of the house, there was never any left over. What type of shooter would leave unshot rounds when they can plink all afternoon while there was still targets with out holes in them and daylight burning? :ph34r:

I found the shop-vac worked best to clean up that many spent shells, it was just too long to get the broom and dustpan.

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Yeah, I know, hence "could" instead of "should."

There are a ton of inventions that try to make up for that problem. None of them do a real bang up job. Then there's steel cased ammo like Wolf. If you're stupid enough to run that through your gun, then shame on you.

Here in GA they have a small selection of low end rifles and shotguns. And I am pretty sure that no Wal-Mart carries handguns any longer. Back in the 80's Wal-Mart carried a large selection of handguns and rifles at great prices.
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

The two walmarts in my area used to. But they stopped a couple of years ago. Still sell ammo. I don't remember either of them selling alcohol, but they're not super walmarts with a full grocery store.

As best I understand it removing the guns was a based on local area politics more than anything else.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE