AggieDave

Have you voted (US only)

I would assume that the persons who are typically posting here have voted or will be voting. However, I was still curious how things would lay out.

Where I live we have early voting going on right now and this being a day off for me, I went ahead and voted. There are a couple of local elections that I'm really concerned about, so I'm anxious to see how it plays out. I'm also curious to see which way my county goes in the presidential election. I know how the county typically votes, but I'm curious to see if all the Obama signs I've seen in yards actually contain a household that will vote.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I would assume that the persons who are typically posting here have voted or will be voting. However, I was still curious how things would lay out.

Where I live we have early voting going on right now and this being a day off for me, I went ahead and voted. There are a couple of local elections that I'm really concerned about, so I'm anxious to see how it plays out. I'm also curious to see which way my county goes in the presidential election. I know how the county typically votes, but I'm curious to see if all the Obama signs I've seen in yards actually contain a household that will vote.

Not voting this yr. for my own reasons. I'll bet I could guess w/ certainty who YOU voted for. ;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

I'll bet I could guess w/ certainty who YOU voted for.

Maybe, maybe not. I bet some of my choices would surprise you.:)
Either Jack Johnson or John Jackson will get elected, so its not much of a surprise.:D

You left off can't vote early. In MI you need a valid reason to get an absentee ballot and there is no other general early voting. They don't check your excuse; if you say I may be out of town that's good enough. So anyone really can get one if they wan't.

Do you feel even more annoyed at campaign ads now that they are TOTALLY irrelavent to you?
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Not voting this yr. for my own reasons. I'll bet I could guess w/ certainty who YOU voted for. ;)

We hereby revoke your privs to bitch about anything from here fwd >:(,,,,,,,,,,:D

Do you feel even more annoyed at campaign ads now that they are TOTALLY irrelavent to you?

I despise campaign ads. I like to take time to research and read about the persons I'm voting for. More truth in their history than in what they say they'll magically accomplish if they're elected.

Yeah, but do you feel even MORE annoyed now than yesterday, the same, or easier to laugh at them?

I'm not more annoyed at the commercials. The talking heads drive me batty, then again, they always drive me batty. Even HLN is a talking head channel now days. I long for the days of "old" when HLN was a 30min loop of news.[:/]

I've got my ballot at home. I know which way I'm voting for president, governor, congressman, and state senator, but I haven't filled it out yet because I want to do some homework first on some of the other local/state races.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Those two who stated that they are not going to vote, are we going to have to listen to you carry on and on about the status of our elected officials after the election? Even though you didn't voice your opinion in the election?

I live in a small unincorporated sliver of the San Francisco Bay Area near San Mateo County. Because we have less than 250 registered voters in my whatever area we do not have a polling station and our only option is mail in ballot. You can go, if you absolutely have to, to one specific polling station in San Mateo but from where I live that is pretty darned inconvenient. I received my ballot last week and sent it in already. My job is done, hope my choices are all winners!!

Those two who stated that they are not going to vote, are we going to have to listen to you carry on and on about the status of our elected officials after the election? Even though you didn't voice your opinion in the election?

Jesus H. Christ. Do you REALLY think your vote's gonna make a rats ass? The powers that be have already decided your future. Not mine. ;)

Do you REALLY think your vote's gonna make a rats ass?

In the local elections it does. In the presidential election we all know that the popular vote isn't what elects.

So did you or are you going to vote in any of the local elections?

Still waiting for my absentee ballot, and started to get nervous as to whether I will get it in time or not...[:/]

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

>I might still decide that B. Hussein O. is a terrorist whose wife
>hates America, and change my vote.

Cool! You must live in Real America, where Barack Hussein AYERS Obama isn't fooling AYERS anyone. Perhaps you AYRES live in Real Virginia?

My state (WA) is nearly all mail-in ballots. I've had the ballot for a few days, but am still considering one of the measures on it. Will likely send it in over the weekend.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Do you REALLY think your vote's gonna make a rats ass?

In the local elections it does. In the presidential election we all know that the popular vote isn't what elects.

So did you or are you going to vote in any of the local elections?
Nope. I've traveling around the country working. In SoCal right now and didn't get my absentee ballot from Fl.. I'm one of those DISENFRANCHISED Fl. voters. AGAIN. And piss on the local elections. I never hang my hat long enough to worry about it. ;)

Waiting for my ballot to arrive, ad if it doesn't come in time, i'll go to a polling place.

This is an exciting year! I can't wait to see the voter turnout.

As I drove to pick up my hubby from work today, i saw various mini-rallies at several different intersections, for and against CA Prop. 8 (gay marriage). Never in my life have i actually seen people waving signs in the streets for anything political, except on the news or in old films about the 60s.

Whatever your views on Prop 8 in california (if you live/vote in CA), you can't help but be excited that it's actually bringing people to the polls...perhaps people who wouldn't have voted otherwise. It's like decades of apathy are going away, and people are starting to care again.

they cynic in me says i don't necessarily *want* some of these people at the polls, especially the ones who want to vote yes on prop 8, but the idealistic good citizen part of me is excited to see people caring again...
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Still waiting for my absentee ballot, and started to get nervous as to whether I will get it in time or not...[:/]

I have two. Would you like one of mine? :D

Since I have two, I plan to vote early and often. :P (Seriously, though, I was a good citizen and sent in a cancellation form to my old precinct to have my name taken off the voter rolls, and I'll only complete the California ballot, not the Washington one).

Now, if one of those ballots had been from a swing state... :o:)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Our precinct is mail-in only. Voted nearly a week ago. My presidential vote won't count, but I'm hoping my local issues votes will count.
In our mail-out, there is a complete package explaining the local issues, offering resources to research, and bios and highlights of the judges being continued on the bench. Thick packet, well done, IMO.