riddler

OMG - I'm a Christian!

After years of deluding myself that I am an atheist, I've come to the sudden realization that I am, in fact, a Christian! How do I know? My middle name - it's Andrew. Andrew was the first Apostle of Christ. My parents were Christian, and they named me for the same Andrew in the Bible!

How could I not have realized this sooner? In the same way that Barack Hussein Obama II must come to the realization that he is really a Muslim (or in the words of Pat Buchanan, "not one of us"), it is finally dawning on me that because of my middle name, I am really a Christian (in my words, "one of us"). I suppose that my choice in the matter is moot - I've been branded from birth, and I have to accept that.

I want to reassure everyone that just because there have been many Christian terrorists, that I am not, and will never be a terrorist. After all, Timothy McVeigh was raised as a Christian. Terry Nichols is a born-again Christian. The Christian were responsible for the Crusades, and countless other "incursions". But just because I am a Christian, I refuse to align myself with "those people".
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Really? Let me ask you this, did your step-dad ever register you in school as a Muslim because Barack's dad did? It has nothing to do with his name as much has it has to do with the documentation. And so what if he is a Muslim, what does that have to do with anything?

It does bother me though that Farrakhan calls Obama the "Messiah"
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

Yes, in fact, I have been registered in school as a Christian. When I was young, I attended a private school, which asked about our specific faith, and my my mother checked the box "Christian".

At the time, the schools thought they were being sensitive to the needs of the children, who may have to observe different religious rituals on different days.

My parents (devout Catholics) registered me in a Catholic elementary school as a Catholic. Doesn't make me Catholic now (nor have I been since I was old enough to make religious choices for myself). So I'm not really sure how what his step father registered him as is even remotely relevent to his actual beliefs now that he's old enough to make up his own mind.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

My parents (devout Catholics) registered me in a Catholic elementary school as a Catholic. Doesn't make me Catholic now (nor have I been since I was old enough to make religious choices for myself). So I'm not really sure how what his step father registered him as is even remotely relevant to his actual beliefs now that he's old enough to make up his own mind.

I am even worse. I had been going to a protestant parochial school for a couple years. When mother remarried, the new step-father demanded that we convert to Catholicism and mother being the good 50's kinda woman, she quickly acquiesced. I was promptly put into a nice Catholic private school, until "dads' violent tendencies finally got a little to much for mother. 3 months later I was back in a different private school. No wonder I am such a devout...... "protestant" when it comes to religion. I protest about much of what so many religious people have to offer us based on first hand experiences.

Really? Let me ask you this, did your step-dad ever register you in school as a Muslim because Barack's dad did? It has nothing to do with his name as much has it has to do with the documentation. And so what if he is a Muslim, what does that have to do with anything?

The Farrakhan thing is pretty disturbing, but I couldn't care less about what someone's parents did. My dad was in prison. Does that make me a criminal by association?

The Farrakhan thing is pretty disturbing, but I couldn't care less about what someone's parents did. My dad was in prison. Does that make me a criminal by association?

Well, according to some, if you ever meet with him to talk about any subject whatsoever, then yes, you're "palling around with criminals."

That is the Sarah Palin argument used to explain why Obama is a terrorist; because he met with one.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

My mom baptized me when I was a kid. That means I am Catholic, right?

I was named after my family's Pastor, who was also my "god father."
And all this time I thought you were named after a character from the movie Total Recall. The things you find out on the internet. :S
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

My mom baptized me when I was a kid. That means I am Catholic, right?

I was named after my family's Pastor, who was also my "god father."
And all this time I thought you were named after a character from the movie Total Recall. The things you find out on the internet. :S

Sorry, wrong spelling. :P

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I thought that was a pope thing

Crap.

Well. If I'm the rightful Queen of England then I am also head of the Anglican church and, therefore, can commandeer any forms of popery I so desire. Right?
If you can't laugh at yourself, I'll be happy to do it for you.
Be like the cupcake and suck it up.

After years of deluding myself that I am an atheist, I've come to the sudden realization that I am, in fact, a Christian! How do I know? My middle name - it's Andrew. Andrew was the first Apostle of Christ. My parents were Christian, and they named me for the same Andrew in the Bible!

Uhm, Andrew was not the first apostle, Peter was. Andrew was his younger brother. (Ask me what my older brother's name is).
Got to get your irrelevant trivia right.

Uhm, Andrew was not the first apostle, Peter was. Andrew was his younger brother. (Ask me what my older brother's name is).
Got to get your irrelevant trivia right.

Somewhat ambiguous. Andrew was the first called, but there are four books that describe the induction, and it's likely that Peter was the first inducted. Hard to separate the two because they were brothers. In Matthew, he describes Peter as the "first", but in the other books, the order isn't all that clear, except that Peter is listed first. But yeah, probably I should have said Andrew was the first called Apostle, but not the first Apostle initiated.