rushmc

The Biggest/Best Reason NOT to Vote for Obama

The article isn't the best reason, IMO, but it firms my opinion that can be simply phrased as "Fuck European Democracies". Let them pay their own way.

And by extension, I assume you're all for European democracies that say "fuck America"?

The article isn't the best reason, IMO, but it firms my opinion that can be simply phrased as "Fuck European Democracies". Let them pay their own way.

And by extension, I assume you're all for European democracies that say "fuck America"?

OK:|
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>ROTFLMAO, that was a good one Bill............NOT!

Well, our current president has proven that war puts us at greater risk for terrorism. No need to prove that again.

I await the data to prove this opinion of yours.
Abraham Lincoln

>Tell me again what command experience in national security Obama has?

The same as McCain has - zero.

(And best not go by his military experience, since he was one of the worst in his class.)

At least every 6 years someone may come into office with no experience. That is why I look at someones judgement. Judgement is why I will vote againt Obama

6 years? you mean 4 right... anyway judgment not judgement is important, but c'mon is picking Palin good for the country? Why not pick Huckabee, Romney, or the rest? Was Palin a pick for popularity?

Also don't think I am blindly picking on your grammar, but realize that this is a forum and all anybody has to go on is your writing.

You are not the first to point out my spelling. You will not be the last. I ingore the comments around it for the most part. If spelling is how you judge people? I really dont care what you think because I think it is petty.

I am comfortable with who I am. Calling me out on my spelling will not change that.:|

I have no problem at all with Palin. My first Pres choice was Duncan Hunter.
Abraham Lincoln

You are not the first to point out my spelling. You will not be the last. I ingore the comments around it for the most part. If spelling is how you judge people? I really dont care what you think because I think it is petty.

Too many in these forums will dismiss an opinion due to bad grammar, spelling or punctuation. It a shame these people are so narrow minded.

Some genius' cannot talk or move properly let alone write.

and by the way,

You can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a Pig!

:D:D:D
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

LOL

It (spelling and grammar) are going to be something I struggle with the rest of my life. Even when I spell a work correctly it sometimes looks wrong to me.

What may shock many is I have worked on both, and I have gotten better:$

Abraham Lincoln

Hard line Party only voters on this forum should take heed, don't vote purely on emotion and party lines. Know your candidates! Obama is not this un-amerocan outsider many people assume him to be. He comes from a very poor and humble background, his rise to the candidacy is purely based on his own efforts.
------------------------------------------------------------

comes from a very poor and humble backround ? this guy has got you snowed. he went to a very elite private school in hawaii.

Well said. I do, however, disagree with your assessment that Palin is a cheerleader. Although it does seem McCain is keeping her in that capacity, she has accomplished a lot in her short time as governor. Most impressively fighting corruption and greed.

I take it you've noticed that the corruption and greed was primarily in her own party, and the big corporations that support that party.

Yup which makes it all the more impressive. Fuck party lines. We should be celebrating her accomplishment and demanding more politicians follow suit...NOT discounting it because that sends the wrong message.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

to downward spiral, read his bio and publicly available details, he has combatted deep social problems in america that no candidate has. If SEN McCain is so against corruption and pork barrel greed then why select Palin who runs a state known all too well as an example of this greed. I come from a state (Hawaii) that is desperately in need of such ear mark funding. You can't as candidate say you're the fix for gov't spending and corruption when you select a vice-president who epitomizes pork-barrel spending and then expect us to believe you anymore.

Remember, there is no such thing as a liberal or conservative America only a United States of America. Obama 2004 DNC

I was specifically asking about fighting corruption and greed....not social problems.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

comes from a very poor and humble backround ? this guy has got you snowed. he went to a very elite private school in hawaii.

You mean the one he attended on scholarship while being raised by his grandmother & single mom, living in an apartment, and working at Baskin-Robbins? Yeah, that's the same as being raised by a long line of politicians who get you into Yale or having your admiral daddy coddle you into flight school. :S

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

The Admiral "coddling" is a standard, accepted method of acceptance into a lot of military opportunities.
Why do people have an issue with this?
It's still one of the few ways into the military academies, is it not?

Not defending either side of this in this thread...I just don't understand the issue of a flag officer "signing off" on a kid of theirs into military schooling.

It means he is more likely to seek a military solution first, and thus put our country at greater risk for terrorism.

Well that might be your minority opinion which I don't agree with but THIS seems to support my contention that McCain is better qualified to protect us.
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

The Admiral "coddling" is a standard, accepted method of acceptance into a lot of military opportunities.

Not defending either side of this in this thread...I just don't understand the issue of a flag officer "signing off" on a kid of theirs into military schooling.

I don't really have a problem with his dad getting him into Annapolis, I'm just pointing out that he was fortunate enough to be born into a home of some privilege. Nothing like the Bush's or Kennedy's, but privileged nonetheless.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I would rather have military officers that come from a background of merit, and have EARNED their way rather than being part of a priveledged class because of what your daddy did.

(This is your kind of affirmative action in all its sordid action VINNIE .. the good ole boy network>:()

he got better than i did and i thought i was given better than most so no i don't think he had a poor or humble childhood.

Winning a scholarship has nothing whatsoever to do with the humbleness of one's childhood. It generally has to do with demonstrated ability and potential.

I grew up in a poor part of London with working class parents, and won a full scholarship to Cambridge, renewed all the way through PhD, based on academic performance. My parent's situation wasn't a factor one way or the other.

I'm sure the anti-elitists hate me for it.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

With McCain and Palin being tutored by the Bushies I doubt we'll be percieved in any way other than how we are currently.
Weakened and broke.

And The USA will need as many friends as it can get over then next decade or two.

China will be the economy that everyone will want a slice of , they actually produce useful export items.

Then india will come along

What does the USA give the world?

In the first half of the last century the USA stood for stability.

Now it is quite the opposite.

The Foreign policy is where the work needs to be done or the USA will be done.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

rhys, a LOT of Americans don't get what is happening to our great nation.

India, Russia, China and Mexico will soon all have stronger economies than us.

We started a war to appease some slimy think tank conservatives under false pretense. Most of the PNAC bunch are getting, or will be, amazingly wealthy.

On September 12, 2001 everyone in the world was with us, except a few radicals.

All Americans put away their political difference to join as one great nation.

In 7 short years we have trounced on human rights and freedoms, invaded a country based on lies, tortured and detained people and put our country into a huge debt. I won't even go into Katrina and the other failures of our government.

So seven years later Osama Bin Laden is still free. Afghanistan is a mess, Iraq is a mess and our economy is in the dumper.

But wait! Because of the likes of Karl Rove, we get a campaign based on terrorism protection and military leadership. The media picks theri favorites and that's influencing the voters. Why wasn't a clear thinking American like Ron Paul finishing higher in the primaries?

It makes me sad that if I want the war to end I'm too liberal. If I'm against abortion I'm too conservative.

I'm also tired of voter's "patriotism" challenged.

Sorry, but I have had almost eight long years of eating a "GOP turd sammich".

We need someone to pull this great nation back together. We need to stop paying so much attention to NASCAR and the NFL and wake up to what is going on around us.

Everyone in America knows Brett Farve went to the NY Jets, but how many folks know who the US Attorney General is? Or who the PM of Canada or the President of Mexico is?

That's how the republicans win elections, when the candidate's brother isn't rigging a win. Fear, hate, Terror!

The "Pro Life" party! They have been responsible for more death than we can imagine.

If we were really tough on terror we would be putting all of the gang members here in jail. My chances of getting shot by one of them is WAY greater than getting killed by an Islamic terrorist.

I'm sick of this shit. Liberals vs. Conservatives. Can't we all just become clear thinking voters that love our nation?

I am quite familiar with both thanks.

And yet you still insist that Admiral McCain 'got his son into the academy'? Quite dishonest on your part, IF you actually have the familiarity you boast of.

There are several ways that cadets can be nominated - being the son of a serving (or retired) member of the Navy/USMC is NOT one of them. I should know - I applied to the USNA during my senior year of high school and my father was a retired WWII veteran.

As Admiral McCain was NOT a deceased or disabled veteran, prisoner of war or missing in action at the time of his son's application, nor was he a MOH recipient, there was no nomination for his son on his behalf.

Senator McCain had to do it the same way thousands and thousands of others did (including myself) - by applying to his Congressional Representatives and Senators for nomination.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Obama Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want.
He Leadeth Me Beside Still Factories,
He Restoreth My Faith In The Republican Party,
He Guideth Me In The Paths Of Unemployment.

Yea, Though I Walk Through The Valley Of The Bread Line,
I Shall Not Go Hungry.

Obama Has Anointed My Income With Taxes,
My Expenses Runneth Over My Income,
Surely, Poverty And Hard Living Will Follow Me
All The Days Of My Life.

The Democrats And I Will Live Forever In a Rented Room.

But I Am Glad I Am an American,
I Am Glad That I Am Free.

But I Wish I Was A Dog,
And Obama A Tree.