quade

My final thoughts of Palin before her speech tonight

Is that all you have? You're hoping for dirt on her husband? Other than under his fingernails?

Obama's in trouble and he knows it. These next couple months should be very interesting.

Trouble, you have to be kidding, did you look at the polls in the last two or three days, he is probably out celebrating right now.

When he old dude gets up tomorrow night it will be a real anti-climax, he has the charisma of compost, Palin was the only chance he had to get interesting and it didn't happen.

Obama's in trouble and he knows it. These next couple months should be very interesting.

No matter which party you are, you have to believe that the Reps haven't won an election in years. The Dems keep lobbing them the easy ones.

Kerry? Come on... Nobody voted for anyone.
They voted against whoever the Dems put up.

At least Obama is going to make this the first race in years. The Reps are going to have to make promises that counter Obamas and that is good.

For the record I am neither 'party'. I most closely resemble a Libertarian.

You're absolutely right. The best the dems could do is Obama. Sadly, McCain is the best the reps can do. Says a lot about both parties doesn't it?

But yeah it's going to be a close one and I look forward to the upcoming debates.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

>The best the dems could do is Obama. Sadly, McCain is the best the reps can do.

Both are, comparatively, pretty good choices for president. Obama is brilliant if inexperienced. McCain has a lot of political common sense, even if he does tend to follow in Bush's footsteps. We could do far worse than either.

I know, it's more 'in' to be all cynical and stuff. But realistically they are both pretty good men.

>The best the dems could do is Obama. Sadly, McCain is the best the reps can do.

Both are, comparatively, pretty good choices for president. Obama is brilliant if inexperienced. McCain has a lot of political common sense, even if he does tend to follow in Bush's footsteps. We could do far worse than either.

I know, it's more 'in' to be all cynical and stuff. But realistically they are both pretty good men.

Excellent post!

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

I understand your point but who cares who has the lime light as long as people recognize a name on the ballot on November 4th?

Is that all you have? You're hoping for dirt on her husband? Other than under his fingernails?

Who said I was hoping for it? I just know all three pursuits intimately, as well as the sort of personalities and goings on that happen in each. If Mr. Palin has been a commercial fisherman in Alaska all his life, I can assure you he has at some point taken a shot or lobbed a homemade bomb at killer whales. The "save the whales" folks are bound to find some prior crewman who will at least talk about it. It's not an "if", it's a "when". He also likely drank a whole lot of time away earning the big bucks while supposedly helping with the Exxon Valdez spill...that was a major fucking cash cow for fishermen. Drillers have similar "eco-insensitivity"...it's just part of the culture. Presumably I don't need to explain the sorts of exploits involved in after-hour "extreme sport" pursuits.

While I agree Obama could lose himself this one, what I got out of the speeches tonight is that we'll see nothing more than business as usual. It's sad, really. I'm surprised Palin chose to emphasize the statement, "McCain is the SAME MAN"...apparently forgetting the whole "McSame" digs the dems have been making. And whose bright idea was it to have the last three speakers focus on the fact that neither Obama nor McCain have led a government...apparently forgetting that neither has McCain.

As for the folks who claimed Obama has played the race card. If you're right, the gender card was also played dozens of times tonight.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

>Oh and btw... nice condescending 'in' remark.

Sorry, didn't mean to single you out. It just seems to be the standard. "Yeah, my guy isn't great - but your guy REALLY sucks!"

I think my guy is pretty good. He could be great if he agreed with me on a couple more policies, but such is politics. He seems to exercise restraint and certainly comes across as a statesman who could make me proud of my leader. I think McCain is ok, and I'm not going to promise to move to Canada if he's elected or anything like that. Again, it's mostly a few policy issues, and a few personality problems. I just consider the issue disagreements I have with him more significant than those I have with Obama.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Bombs at killer whales? WTF? Please tell me you never witnessed such a thing. Other than that, barring the killing of innocent animals and any other illegal activities, he should come out smelling like your typical working class husband and father. A man who understand what it's like breaking your back to take care of your family.

I was surprised about the 'McCain's the same' comment as well. I understood what she was saying though.

I wouldn't call it the gender card as much as the mother card.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

You're right on. While attending Cal Poly, I worked in the oilfields near Taft during summers and breaks. Didn't take me long to develop a "past" best kept under wraps[:/]

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

did you look at the polls in the last two or three days, he is probably out celebrating right now.

When he old dude gets up tomorrow night it will be a real anti-climax, he has the charisma of compost, Palin was the only chance he had to get interesting and it didn't happen.

I tend to think that this forum can somewhat be considered a reflection of society. In SC we have on the front page the following threads (in order from top to bottom as of 10:04 p.m.):
1) A thread on elk hunting;
2) A thread on a crappy speech;
3) A thread about final thoughts before Palin speaks;
4) A thread about something disturbing about Palin;
5) A thread about Palin to speak on Wednesday;
6) A thread about Bob Barr;
7) A thread about abortion for rape and incest; and
8) A thread about Sarah Palin (417 posts in a week).

6 of 8 threads DIRECTLY attributable to her (and maybe the elk hunting thread;)). People are talking about her - two months before the election.

McCain is a steely-eyed political man.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

One - Wow...I now have a better understanding of some of the people who post to this forum.

Works both ways:S

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I enjoyed watching her speech. She proved to be a good performer. I could do without the "pitbull" attitude though. I think the U.S. is already seen as the pitbull of the world, and I don't think that's a direction we should keep going in. Not much substance, but then that seems to be typical of most political speeches.

Not like Obama. So well known before his candidacy...

Obama may or may not have the perfect experience, however, he was the keynote at the DNC in 2004 and, at least the Democrats, knew perfectly well who he was before this cycle AND . . . well, they picked him.

Get off the experience thing and actually listen to what I'm saying about her being a distraction to the McCain candidacy. THAT's what I'm talking about here.

This doesn't even need to be a partisan discussion . . . it's more like strategy.

Yes they all knew he was hand picked by his mentors, Mayor Daley amd Gov. Blojobabitch, and will do as they command him to.

Nice qualifications eh?

Add in Tony Rezko and there is three people who helped put him where his is that will soeday soon be in FEDERAL PRISON for corruption.