SkyPiggie

Texas executes American

could well be far more expensive to house.

At least you dont give the government the right to murder, especially when it murders innocent people sometimes. I am telling you these people stuck in a room for life will suffer more then by dying. Why give criminals the easy way out?

your 4 x 4' room proposal would violate the 8th Amendment.

Killing violates the 10 commandments.... :),,,at least for christians and jews...im only playing when i bring religion into this. i stand by the fact that killing is the ewasy way out for these people. they caused suffering, and they too should suffer.

The Eighth Amendment (Amendment VIII) to the United States Constitution is part of the United States Bill of Rights which took effect in 1791. The amendment prohibits the federal government from imposing excessive bail, excessive fines, and cruel and unusual punishments.

killing humans is cruel, and not up to the government to decide.
7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer

these people stuck in a room for life will suffer more then by dying

What is this obsession with you people wanting to make someone suffer?

I simply want them removed from society so they can't possibly do the crime again. CP is one way to accomplish that.

Making a criminal "pay for it" or "suffer" has zero to do with justice.

Death penalty doesnt stop people from killing, just like making drugs illegal doesnt make people stop buying them. We are punishing people for killing...by killing....what are we a barbaric society?

In skydiving what scares me more then dying is being paralyzed. Set example to criminals by paralyzing them from the society, not by giving the the easy way out.

I wonder how many of these wonderfull "human" beings that so readily support their right to the worst kind of vengeance by taking the life of a viable human being would actually ALSO claim they are pro-life.:S

How many of the people that claim they are against CP also support abortion, with the MILLIONS of lives *that* has claimed? :S
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I think that referencing abortion for an argument is basically Godwin's law 2.1.

:P

As a side note in reference to Godwin's law 1.8 (the Ten Commandments), it depends on which interpretation you like. Not to kill or not to murder. Remember the same God that gave the 10 commandments also instructed his people to slaughter all the women, children, men and even the cattle of entire tribes of people.

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

HELL yeah... an adult ..human being to you equals a few un-VIABLE cells.. you do see the difference right.. oh thats right you are just too FAR RIGHT.. to be able to see that.

Please dont EVER claim to be pro-life again.[:/]

So much for all that libertarian bullshit you supposedly go on about being.

I would think the STATE intruding into making the decision to END life.... or into impeding the right of a woman to CHOOSE whether she wants to bring a child into the world....

would be the ultimate government intrusion into peoples life.. I thought you guys didnt like that....

just more fuckin right wing hooey

HELL yeah... an adult ..human being to you equals a few un-VIABLE cells.. you do see the difference right.. oh thats right you are just too FAR RIGHT.. to be able to see that.

Please dont EVER claim to be pro-life again.[:/]

So much for all that libertarian bullshit you supposedly go on about being.

I would think the STATE intruding into making the decision to END life.... or into impeding the right of a woman to CHOOSE whether she wants to bring a child into the world....

would be the ultimate government intrusion into peoples life.. I thought you guys didnt like that....

just more fuckin right wing hooey

Why don't you tell me all about those 'non-viable cells' that get their skull cracked and their brains sucked out AT DELIVERY, Jeanne?

Tell me all about it... since I was a SECOND trimester baby.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Ah yes.. the wonderful partial birth abortion strawman....that most of you PRO DEATHERS....want to wail and gnash your teeth over.. yet most of you STILL will not let a woman choose in the first week even.. SHAME on you.

MOST abortions happen ... FAR Earlier...and you know it but are too disingenious to admit it.[:/]But yet you wish to KILL KILL KILL... with WAR and retroactive abortion....tsk tsk tsk the REAL PRO DEATH

A proper, philosophically valid definition of man as 'a rational animal,' would not permit anyone to ascribe the status of 'person' to a few human cells.
— Ayn Rand

I think that referencing abortion for an argument is basically Godwin's law 2.1.

:P

As a side note in reference to Godwin's law 1.8 (the Ten Commandments), it depends on which interpretation you like. Not to kill or not to murder. Remember the same God that gave the 10 commandments also instructed his people to slaughter all the women, children, men and even the cattle of entire tribes of people.

The original old testament doesnt say anything about 10 commandments or stone plates. It says Moses came down with 10 utterances. Utterances do not exist in written language..

Men created the 10 commcandments based on the utterances. Men also instructed themselves to kill, and used God as an excuse, Happens today all the time.

>1 Box .40S&W- $13.92
>15' of Rope-$2.70

1 cell - $850.00

taking life (unless in self defense in an immediate situation) - murder - priceless

Attempting to save money by taking life is smply rediculous. What is this....minimizing overhead? WTF?

Even though I think they are equally deserving of the death penalty, we have to be held to a little higher standard with people who are not US citizens--ahem, even Messicans. I do not disagree completely with the death penalty, not as a deterrant, but as a measure to get rid of a person who has killed other people and who, therefore (using logic...lol) is likely to kill again given the chance.

For political reason more than anything, I think that we should be particularly careful when citizens of other countries are convicted. But that's just my little mind at work...lol.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

is likely to kill again given the chance.

A lot of people are likely to do a lot of things. Some people are born with a genetic make up that mkes them more likely to be criminals. Should we jail them right away based on what they are likely to fo?

is likely to kill again given the chance.

A lot of people are likely to do a lot of things. Some people are born with a genetic make up that mkes them more likely to be criminals. Should we jail them right away based on what they are likely to fo?

Only after they've demonstrated that they're willing to be criminals by becoming criminals. Once they are convicted of whatever crime they've commited, then they receive the appropriate sentence. If the crime is such that they are given the death penalty, then that's how it goes. Shoulda tried harder....

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

There's a difference between what kind of retribution is deserved and what kind best serves society. It's easy to look at individual cases and say "this guy deserves to fry!", but when you look at the system as a whole, it's corrupt, fallible, inconsistent, and expensive. Throw them in jail and lose the key.

Wait, what does corruption or fallibility of the system have to do with a case in which the murderer is definitely a murderer, definitely committed the crime, admits the crime and states he has no remorse over the crime?

I thought the arguments against the death penalty had to do principally with the inability to be sure the system got the right guy! When we KNOW we got the right guy, what's wrong with executing him? There's no chance that we're executing an innocent, in such a case.
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

>So the tax payer can support this piece of shit the rest of his natural life?

Better than spending even more on the execution process. Life in jail is just plain cheaper.

Come on. It's cheaper only because we force ourselves to make execution more expensive by granting years of appeals. So you add all those court costs to the cost of keeping them in prison for the years they're there, and then compare that cost to the simple cost of having them live in prison, so of course the death penalty cases cost more per inmate.
Imaginations on fire

Let's see if the anti-death penalty liberals care as much about this American prisoner as they did about the executed Mexican.

I would more satisfied having him alive in ma 4 foot by 4 foot room with no winodows and no communication with other humans., Now that's suffering. Death is the easy way out for assholes like this guy.

But you know that they won't do that if they keep him in prison for life. So why wouldn't that make you sway back to favoring execution for him? The same liberals who won't let a guy be executed also would never let us make prison harsh like you are asking for. No way in hell.
Imaginations on fire

Men created the 10 commcandments based on the utterances. Men also instructed themselves to kill, and used God as an excuse, Happens today all the time.

Actually the 10 commandments were most likely based on Sumarian law, which had been established before Moses, but that's a whole different history lesson.

Well, if you're going to bring up the 10 commandments and toss them out there as something believed, then you can't pick and choose which religious myth/story/belief you believe from the same book. Its all or nothing baby!:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."