How Many Mohammeds (Another One Bites the Dust)?

However, I find it amazing that although criticism and ridicule of Christianity on this forum brings a chorus of "hell, yea!"s, but criticism of islam brings immediate denunciation as "hatred" and "racism"...

Am I missing something?

In regard to this statement, I don't think you're missing anything. I myself have noticed the rampant hypocrisy.

I only disagreed with you in regard to a sweeping statement about all Muslims and the fact that they commonly name their sons Mohammed.

You guys are comparing apples and oranges. Criticism and ridicule of a belief system is not the same as hatred for all adherents to that system. There are plenty of people here who denounce Islam and ridicule the 21 virgins thing and other aspects, and they're not accused of racism. Mark brings a wholly different level of hatred to the table than the atheists here. I've not seen a single person here post that all Christians are evil, insane, violent, or worthy of eradication. By contrast, if all Muslims were wiped off the face of the earth tomorrow, I suspect Mark would post (or at least think), "Good riddance."

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

By contrast, if all Muslims were wiped off the face of the earth tomorrow, I suspect Mark would post (or at least think), "Good riddance."

I suspect if we turned that around 180 degrees.. we would find a FAR greater number of muslims who would say good riddance of the USA were wiped off the face of the earth tomorrow.

Its been taught for quite some time now all over the Islamic world compliments of our "friends" in the Kindom of Saud

I suspect if we turned that around 180 degrees.. we would find a FAR greater number of muslims who would say good riddance of the USA were wiped off the face of the earth tomorrow.

Yep, and a hate-blind Canuck or two as well.

. . =(_8^(1)

By contrast, if all Muslims were wiped off the face of the earth tomorrow, I suspect Mark would post (or at least think), "Good riddance."

I never suggested that bigotry was limited to any particular religion. How often do you think Mark considers the irony in his sharing this trait with all those Muslims? ;)

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

Uh no! Do you have proof otherwise??? There is proof that the koran is a close mimick of the bible! where is your proof?????

Would you care to provide such proof?

No i will not type the bible and the koran in here but if you would do a little studying you would notice simular people in both. And that the koran was writen along time after the bible. Do the math.
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Uh no! Do you have proof otherwise??? There is proof that the koran is a close mimick of the bible! where is your proof?????

Cool, so Islam is a religion of hate because it's really based on the Bible. Got it.

That is pretty cool how you present you coments like a liberal! If you would have read my entire post you would have noticed i said the koran was based upon the bible. But the fool that wrote the koran put his own spin to it! Try doing some research and you might notice the truth.

***...you would notice simular people in both...

And that surprises you? I suspect the simular (sic) people you refer to include Moses, Abraham, Jesus and so on?

And that surprises you? I suspect the simular (sic) people you refer to include Moses, Abraham, Jesus and so on?

No it does not suprise me cuase i know the truth!!! I have done the research.;)

Using your expired library card, no doubt.

Using your expired library card, no doubt.

Awesome! :D:D:D

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

Sounds like the juvenile blatherings of another well-indoctrinated (Faux News) rascist tool. I hope this tool has got enough patriotic fervor to enlist in the cannon fodder--er, military--before all the good Mohammeds are taken. B| We'll miss you . . . go get `em, Hos!

“Keep your elbow up!"

I hope this tool has got enough patriotic fervor to enlist in the cannon fodder--er, military--before all the good Mohammeds are taken. B| We'll miss you . . . go get `em, Hos!

I asked him that before -- something to the effects of why he isn't in the front lines in Iraq if he harbors such hatred/"patriotic" sentiments.

Predictably, he avoided the question.

Do a search for "RHIFW" and you'll see for how long he's been posting this kind of gobshite...absolutely pathetic.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

[reply
"A religion that does not respect the sanctity of human life is not a religion at all - it's a cult."

mh

The only difference between a cult and a religion is the number of members.

Speaking of cultists, let's look at the million or so dead/wounded since the Iraq invasion, another million or so dead during the sanctions/no-fly-zone hysteria--not to mention Gulf I. [We won't even bother with those sorry s.o.b.s in Afghanistan.]

Heck, by current totals those Judeo-Christian cultists in the Pentagon & White House have surpassed the corpse count of the Khmer Rouge. Way to go all you cwazy cultists. :D

That cwazy Cwistian, Truman, gave the thumbs up for Hiroshima and Nagasaki as I recall. Dresden ring a bell? :S:S

P.S. The Goddess Of Ethanolia says I'm most definately *not* in a cult. B|
“Keep your elbow up!"

I hope this tool has got enough patriotic fervor to enlist in the cannon fodder--er, military--before all the good Mohammeds are taken. B| We'll miss you . . . go get `em, Hos!

I asked him that before -- something to the effects of why he isn't in the front lines in Iraq if he harbors such hatred/"patriotic" sentiments.

Predictably, he avoided the question.

Do a search for "RHIFW" and you'll see for how long he's been posting this kind of gobshite...absolutely pathetic.

I'll tell you what's pathetic - none of you have yet explained this: How does subjecting islamo-fascist whackos to ridicule make one a "racist tool"? I'm still waiting for an answer.

Answer my question, and then I'll answer yours. You first.
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

How does subjecting islamo-fascist whackos to ridicule make one a "racist tool"? I'm still waiting for an answer.

It has more to to with equating an entire (generally peaceful) religion with "islamofascism."
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

How does subjecting islamo-fascist whackos to ridicule make one a "racist tool"? I'm still waiting for an answer.

It has more to to with equating an entire (generally peaceful) religion with "islamofascism."

Nice to see somebody speak up - it's about time.

However...

Race = religion? Don't think so.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Nice to see somebody speak up - it's about time.

However...

Race = religion? Don't think so.

mh

You are correct, race /= religion. Hatred and ridicule of the collective followers of any particular religion makes one a bigot, but not necessarily racist. If that xenophobia extends to Arabs in general (e.g.), then the person is also a racist.

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

But if its Jews then its racist. Jews like Muslims come in all colours and nationalities so I don't see why this is the case.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I see your point, markjarju, and I agree with what you're saying. I'm not a fan of either religion (...any religion for that matter). But there does seem to be a complete lack of acknowledgment by most Americans that there is an entire culture, grounded in Islam, that is hell bent on killing us and others not like them. Not only are they hell bent, they are actually actively trying to do so around the world. Are _all_ Muslims like that? No. I think Darius is an incredibly reasoned man, and I always read his comments, and am thankful when he shares them. That doesn't change the fact that there is a significant element of the Muslim culture that needs to be effectively dealt with by our culture.
We are all engines of karma