bodypilot90

Jesse Jackson uses the "N" word

you just gotta understand the social nuances goin' on to get it, I guess. I think my son's half-black friend could still use the word and "get away with it," but my son probably would not. Good thing he gets it though, because the N-word kids look out for my boy. :)

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

> If a word is 'wrong' for one race/gender/religion/etc to use, then
>it's 'wrong' for all.

Oh, nonsense. I am sure you'd accept stuff from your friends/fellow skydivers that you wouldn't accept from a guy in the street. Consider "hey asshole!" for example.

>it's 'wrong' for all.

Oh, nonsense. I am sure you'd accept stuff from your friends/fellow skydivers that you wouldn't accept from a guy in the street. Consider "hey asshole!" for example.

Friends are a bit different situation, I agree on that point.

PC feel-good bullshit aside - I think it's damned hypocritical to claim that a word is 'hurtful' when you're tossing it around 50 times a day in casual conversation. Wouldn't you agree?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

If a word is 'wrong' for one race/gender/religion/etc to use, then it's 'wrong' for all.

except for every gangsta rapper out there...yo yo yo...It is to some degree fashionable...

i have a lot of maori mates and they have started calling another one of our friends the Honkey ninja...it funny and all but would it be as funny if it got turned into Nigga Ninja.....i think not....
.....And you thought Kiwis couldn't fly!!!!

If a word is 'wrong' for one race/gender/religion/etc to use, then it's 'wrong' for all.

I still won't call my son's friends that word...and my son better not use it either...even though I kinda chuckle when his friends say it to each other.

And I was thinking....I believe it's the half-blacks who are gonna help us get past all of this nonsense eventually....hopefully. It is tiring, isn't it?

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

>it's 'wrong' for all.

Friends are a bit different situation, I agree on that point.

PC feel-good bullshit aside - I think it's damned hypocritical to claim that a word is 'hurtful' when you're tossing it around 50 times a day in casual conversation. Wouldn't you agree?

If I call a girlfriend a bitch 50 times a day, but she knows I love her, it's different if some asshole guy calls her a bitch 50 times a day but tells her he loves her. There's a difference.

I gotta go get my boy and his half-black friend from the barber. How do they cut their hair anyway? That stuff's just strange....

:)
linz
--

sure is, I call my boss that all the time. Someone cuts me off ect. You can do better than that.....

>sure is, I call my boss that all the time.

Which is OK because he knows you. If you tried that in a bar, the result might well be a fight.

Likewise, if someone wants to call someone else a nigger, then fine - just be sure that it will be received well.

.I believe it's the half-blacks who are gonna help us get past all of this

:D:D:D:D:D

Gotta love those half-blacks.....( fucking brilliant...i love americans!)

:D:D:D:D

Personally ill put my money on the all blacks!!! .....C'mon Richie ..GET IN THERE SON!!!

Likewise, if someone wants to call someone else a nigger, then fine - just be sure that it will be received well.

Yeah, there's that whole pesky 'hate speech' thing going on with that.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

sure is, I call my boss that all the time. Someone cuts me off ect. You can do better than that.....

It's okay to use N-word too when somebody steals your bike....as long as you don't say it to their face. Sounds like those are kinda the rules you follow??? But to be BOLD with the A word or the N word, ya' either gotta be at least a little bit socially adept or willing to take an ass-whuppin.

:)
linz
--

Personally ill put my money on the all blacks!!! .....C'mon Richie ..GET IN THERE SON!!!

The half-Mexicans could pull it off, but they're a few steps behind, having avoided that whole slavery thing and all. They're just now gettin' used to being shit on....
--

the n-word can apply to anyone reguardless of your race... you can be a white, asian, german, etc... N-word person...

I vote to not use it at all....
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

the n-word can apply to anyone reguardless of your race... you can be a white, asian, german, etc... N-word person...

I vote to not use it at all....

I ran into this homeless guy when I stopped in at our local airport to use the bathroom. Just couldn't hold it any longer. This guy, some might call him a bum (even to his face) told me all about the N-word. He had used it one night in a confrontation with our 1 black city police officer. Now I have problems with this cop too, but I refrain from calling him names. Well, this homeless man said he was arrested after calling this policeman a nigger. He went on to enlighten me about the *real* meaning of the word, and that to him it means a "sorry person." Said it doesn't matter what color your skin is, any sorry person can be called a nigger.

He said he's gonna sue. Bet he's as SOL with that as he is in real life. Whatcha bet?

linz
--

Laws against hate speech make sense when people basically incite riots (or other violence) with such speech. They don't make sense when linked to specific words taken out of context.

I seem to remember someone getting sued in a civil case under hate laws over the issue, I'll see if I can find it again.

Regardless - it's still all one-sided; "Fine for me but not for thee".... it just seems extremely hypocritical to me.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

The half-Mexicans could pull it off, but they're a few steps behind, having avoided that whole slavery thing and all. They're just now gettin' used to being shit on....

And all you Half-English have done all right for yourselves...;)

From the article:

Jackson has called on the entertainment industry, including rappers, actors and studios, to stop using the N-Word. He also urged the public to boycott purchasing DVD copies of the TV sitcom "Seinfeld" after co-star Michael Richards was taped using the word during a rant at a Los Angeles comedy club in 2006.

So, Jackson is against black people using the word also.

...Personally ill put my money on the all blacks!!!

How much money did you lose on Saturday?:)

;)

[:/][:/][:/]First loss at home in 5 years:(..... Could the yarpies finally have learnt how to win away from home??:P

( sorry ...off topic:))

Laws against hate speech make sense when people basically incite riots (or other violence) with such speech. They don't make sense when linked to specific words taken out of context.

The same could be said of many things. For example:
2) Banning all weapons;
3) Forcing citizens to quarter troops;
4) Police searches without probable cause;
5) Conscription of private property by the state without compensation;
6-7) Eliminating the jury in criminal cases and common law suits
8) Excessive bail;

The list could go on. There are some pretty compelling reasons for warrantless wiretaps. But, banning "hate speech" is a prior restraint, which most should find abhorrent. "He can't say that. Someone may get offended and start a riot."

My wife is hotter than your wife.